waking up immediately

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
neverlandjulia

waking up immediately

Postby neverlandjulia » 02 Apr 2013 08:35

Yesterday I had my first lucid dream, and it lasted only like 3 seconds, I felt strange feeling that couldn't be mistaken with anything else, and I became lucid, lying in my bed. I told myself "I am dreaming" but then I heard some noise and woke up immediately :( Not sure if that was noise from my dream or from the real world. I didn't even have time to ask for clarity or anything. Is it because I'm unexperienced and it will get easier over time?

DreamerMan99

Re: waking up immediately

Postby DreamerMan99 » 02 Apr 2013 09:16

Yes, dont worry if your a LD noob, your first LD may be really short. Practice and practice remember every nights a new opportunity :D

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

neverlandjulia

Postby neverlandjulia » 02 Apr 2013 13:57

do you know what's the first thing I should do when feeling that I'm entering LD? because I feel as though if I moved or opened my eyes, it would disappear...

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 02 Apr 2013 20:12

No, sorry. So far my lucid dreams have been spontanious, but I try wild 3-7 times a week.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Apr 2013 07:23

Try just staying relaxed next time and thinking of a place.. and hopefully you will end up finding yourself in a dream to do with that place. Just keep relaxing and let an experience unfold.

If you can feel your dream body.. you can try doing something with it eg you could try reaching into your dream pocket to see what is there .. or count how many fingers are on your hand (both things which can be done with just the feel of the dream body when one hasnt got dream sight there yet).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

neverlandjulia

Postby neverlandjulia » 04 Apr 2013 09:35

I've got another question, if someone starts lucid dreamind, it doesn't necessary mean that they will have easier way from now, right? Because I got this first lucid experience 2 days ago and 2 nights in a row later, I experienced nothing even though I didn't stop trying hard. Yesterday tried to do WILD but it took me around an hour and I still didn't suceed, couldn't find anything to visualise with details, and every time I felt I was close to something I had trouble with breathing and my heart started racing. Seems like I can't calm down...

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Apr 2013 09:50

It probably does get easier after ones first experience but the experiences will be random unless one has had some experience esp at first.

A good analogy I think would be a baby learning to walk... compare your first LD with it taking its first step.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”