Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sander

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Sander » 31 Mar 2013 10:11

taniaaust1 wrote:Sometimes one can get oneself straight back into the dream if you keep laying there with eyes shut and think of being back in the dream scene. Dont suddenly give up just cause you have woken up but spend at least 5 mins trying to get back into it.

Probably good thou for your first that you didnt go back to sleep in case you ended up forgetting it.

thanks, i'll keep that in mind :)

i would just like to say thanks and let you know that i genuinely appreciate the help and tips you are giving me and other aspiring LD'ers. :)

how long have you been an oneironaut for?
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 01 Apr 2013 01:21

I have another question :D Ooh and by the way, I am really into lucid dreaming and want to learn it so i'll check up on this site and topic regularly and am always open to talk to poeple ! :) Back to the question :arrow: I have read that many beginner lucid dreamers wake up within seconds of becoming lucid in the dream. Unfortunately i haven't been lucky enough to experience a lucid dream so i don't know how long i would last. I want to know if as soo as you get excited in any lucid dream will you wake up? Do even proffesional lucid dreamers wake up at a little bit of excitement or is it something that you will get used to over time and can master so that you can be excited in lucid dreams and not wake up. Any answer will help :D ;)

ArsiNoe

Postby ArsiNoe » 01 Apr 2013 11:23

taniaaust1 wrote:Do you go into the dream with challenges you really want to do? If not.. make sure you do that so you can really be focused on a task and not focused on that you are going to wake up. Its your focus on that you are going to wake up which as you know already is probably what is making you wake up.

Some of us have found the challenge "What's in your dream pockets?" something interesting to do which can be easy and can hold our attention in the dream while doing this. Have several easy challenges you could do in mind and really keep your attention on doing these.

Thank you very much ;)
Well, I have several challenges and maybe it is my fault. When I become lucid, I don't know what I should try at first. While I am deciding, I usually wake up. In the next LD I'll try your advice with a pocket.

btifuldreamer: I am just beginner, but i have had several long LDs. My first LD lasted about 5 minutes ( it is only my suppose) I was really excited but I didn't wake up. My third dream was much longer than the first (maybe 10 minutes) and I was also excited when I realized that I had become lucid but i didn't wake up immediately too. I have had over 15 LDs up to now, but I don't have as long LD as I used to have in my beginnings. I still don't know what a length of LD depends on. However, I am sure I do sth wrong now.
Probably, my answer won't help you. It's just my experience :)

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 01 Apr 2013 12:09

Okay thanks :) Hopefully i won't wake up straight away if i LD... what method do you use to become lucid? I haven't had one yet but tonight i am trying two new methods, maybe one tonight and one tomorrow night depending on what happens, but the techniques are FILD and counting to lucid dreaming. Fild is finger induced lucid dreaming and it is very easy to do, if you don't know about it you can ask me, and the other method is when you wake up after a dream you count "one i am lucid dreaming, two i am lucid dreaming, three i am...." amd hopefully you will soon be dreaming then do a reality check and you'll be dreaming ! If anyone has used this methods and has any tips, do tell or if anyone has any questions about it just ask... i posted a topic called 'tips for beginners if you wanna check it out' Thank you in advance ;)

ArsiNoe

Postby ArsiNoe » 01 Apr 2013 19:28

I usually use MILD. It's the best method I've tried so far. It means that I do at least 10 reality checks and I try to write down as much dreams as possible every day. Finally, while I am falling asleep I use suggestion method, for example I say in my mind: Tonight, I realize I am dreaming or just I am dreaming. (I read that the present time is better than the past for suggestion) And after several minutes I imagine myself checking my hands or doing another reality checks in a dream. I do it until I fall asleep.

I rarely use WILD and it's terrible for me. I can't force myself to get up very early when I don't have to. :) However, I can say that it is very effective for me.

"one i am lucid dreaming, two i am lucid dreaming, three i am...."

Once I tried this method and it really worked! It was about 3:00 am. and I was counting to about 40 when I suddenly realized that I am really dreaming. :) However, I've tried it several times in the next nights but it didn't work.

Don't worry about your first LD. If you do reality checks, write dream journal and do some method, first LD will come very soon, just believe. It's strange I have my first LD, when I didn't use any method before I fell asleep. I was really exhousted and I fell asleep in several seconds. I slept for only 4 hours and that night it suddenly came. I was in a body of some bird, maybe eagle, and I realized that it is not possible, I can't have feathers :) I was flying in the city with a lot of skyscrapers (I've seen them only in photos and movies, becouse I've never been in the USA, but they seemed to be real in a dream) and it was amazing. :)

What means FIND? I don't know it.

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 01 Apr 2013 23:24

Yeah i have been using MILD but i didn't find that it worked very well even though when i said i will remember my dreams when i wake up i did. Ooh and last night I told myself "when i have a dream, i will wake up when it's finished" and surprisingly i did and managed to remember 6 dreams! :lol: They were vivid too. I think you mean FILD not FIND but there MILD - mnemonic induced lucid dream, WILD - wake induced lucid dream and then there's FILD - finger induced lucid dream. It is very easy and is probably more effective than the counting one. When you wake up after a dream, hopefully during REM, you lie still and you lift you middle finger and pointer finger (index finger) lime your playing the piano with your fingers on two keys next to each other. You press down your middle finger, then your pointer and while pressing down your pointer finger you raise you middle finger. so think in your head 1...2, 1...2. But you don't press down really hard only enough to feel the muscle moving. If you try it on your computer keyborad you would do it just enough that you don't actually press a key. This is a very easy method and when you go to sleep it doesn't involve visualisation or anything. I tried it last night and i think i failed becuase you're supposed to wait until you are almost asleep. But it didn't feel like a complete faliure. I also tried the counting method but i could only get to like 11 then my mine wondered :oops: :lol: But yeah i have a feeling both of these methods will work with a little help by the MILD technique. :D

~Dreamer~

Postby ~Dreamer~ » 02 Apr 2013 03:54

Ok, so I'm new to the forum but I have been trying to have LD's for months. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've been trying reality checks along with many other techniques like WILDs. I don't usually have trouble remembering my regular dreams either. Please help!

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 02 Apr 2013 04:00

I'm like you dreamer, haven't had a lucid dream. Are you keeping a dream journal? You might think you're good at remembering your dreams but imagine how much better your memory would be if you kept a dream journal. Try some of the techniques i mentioned, the FILD and counting down to a lucid dream. If you're like me you are probably trying too hard and stressing over it. Those two techniques ^^ are more relaxed and requires less effort. I am avery impatient person and want to have a Lucid dream NOW, but we have the rest of our lives :D So, keep a dream journal, try one of the techniques i mentioned and don't be so stressed about it. For the reality checks, most of my dreams usually involve sex :roll: so whenever i think about that in the waking life i do a reality check and hopefully taht will be the same for in my dreams. Hope i helped :)

~Dreamer~

Postby ~Dreamer~ » 03 Apr 2013 01:58

Yes I have started keeping a dream journal and it is improving! I'll be sure to try some of those techniques. Thanks for the help! :)
"If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple, we couldn't!"

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 03 Apr 2013 08:12

No worries ;) I hav been working on thw counting method and FILD for 2 night now and I just remeberded that you are supposed to do the technique when you are almost asleep, I do it as soon as I wake up. Hopefully ill be successful tonight !

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”