hello; new here

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
mia

hello; new here

Postby mia » 03 Apr 2013 03:30

Hello.
This is to introduce myself. I am Mia. I'm from Canada.
I have some experience with lucid dreaming; I have had lucid dreams off and on throughout my life. After school, and university, my life got very busy with the world of work, and I neglected my dreams and my inner world, and so I gradually started losing my dream recall abilities ( which used to be really good), and of course I lost the ability to be lucid in my dreams. I lost all of this for years. Recently, I have become very interested in Eastern ( mainly Tibetan Buddhism, and Hinduism) belief systems. I have been meditating some ( not a lot), doing yoga ( once a week for about 5 years), and have a desire to try to be more 'present' in life . So now, I have begun having lucid dreams again. Thanks to the internet, I have now just discovered that it is possible to increase the frequency of lucid dreams, and increase clarity and control in them. I never used to discuss these dreams with anyone. For quite awhile, I just assumed everyone had them from time to time, that it was just a normal occurrence in dreaming, and I didn't know there was a name for these types of dreams.
I want to indulge in them again. And now that I know I can, I want to have more of them regularly, and I want more clarity and control. I want to see where this can take me.
So there it is. Glad to have found this place. Thanks to Rebecca for fostering this.
Sincerely,
Mia
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

tea

Re: hello; new here

Postby tea » 03 Apr 2013 10:15

hi! nice to have you around!

any experiences you can share by now? :D
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 03 Apr 2013 12:13

mia wrote:For quite awhile, I just assumed everyone had them from time to time, that it was just a normal occurrence in dreaming, and I didn't know there was a name for these types of dreams.

Exactly what happened to me.
Welcome.

mia

Postby mia » 03 Apr 2013 15:04

Hello. Thank you for the welcome.
Well, yes, Tea, I have a recent lucid experience to share. This was from March 30th. I was dreaming that I was walking down a pier that was over water looking out toward the water and a sky. It was the scene from a lucid dream 'picture' I had seen online. I recognized that I had seen the scene online recently, which triggered my realization that it was a dream, and I became lucid. There were dream characters on the pier; people who were people I know as acquaintances in real life, but they looked different in their dream forms; I just knew who they were. So, being lucid, I said to a dream character :"Is there a reason the pier looks so short" ( While saying this I was thinking about dream symbols, and I was worried this might be a symbol for my own life length, as just very recently an acquaintance had died, at too young of an age, and my own mortality was somewhat on my mind. ) The dream character said "no" that they "didn't think so". I then looked at the sky, which turned dark and stormy. As I watched, I remembered a scene from a recent movie I had seen of Wuthering Heights with just such a sky. In the movie, it is an ominous premonition. So, being lucid, I thought I would change the sky. I closed my eyes and made motions with my hands to 'transform' the sky. I opened my eyes, but the sky didn't change. The dream characters laughed at me because I couldn't change the sky. I felt pissed off at them because I thought that it was MY dream and so they shouldn't be laughing at me. In the dream, I felt disappointed with the lack of control. Shortly after the dream fell apart and I woke up.

So there you go.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Apr 2013 23:09

Nice to meet you :) . The kinds of things you mention helping you to LD, helped me too.

mia wrote: So, being lucid, I said to a dream character :"Is there a reason the pier looks so short" ( While saying this I was thinking about dream symbols, and I was worried this might be a symbol for my own life length, as just very recently an acquaintance had died, at too young of an age, and my own mortality was somewhat on my mind. ) The dream character said "no" that they "didn't think so". I then looked at the sky, which turned dark and stormy. As I watched, I remembered a scene from a recent movie I had seen of Wuthering Heights with just such a sky. In the movie, it is an ominous premonition. So, being lucid, I thought I would change the sky. I closed my eyes and made motions with my hands to 'transform' the sky. I opened my eyes, but the sky didn't change. The dream characters laughed at me because I couldn't change the sky. I felt pissed off at them because I thought that it was MY dream and so they shouldn't be laughing at me. In the dream, I felt disappointed with the lack of control. Shortly after the dream fell apart and I woke up.

So there you go.

LOL.. the DCs.. Ive had DCs laugh at me too but I got laughed at when I hurt myself in a LD. They usually never talk to me..but will do things such as laugh at me. I can find them quite annoying at times (esp when they all wont talk to me!!)

The dark sky.. you probably brought that into your dream due to your 'stormy dark' thoughts one could say.. thinking of death or the others death.. so your subconsciousness was wanting to express your lucid thoughts in its own subconscious kind of way. Was that still on your mind while you were trying to change the sky? if so it would of made the sky harder to change. (if you started thinking bright happy thoughts, that sky may of been easier to change). Can you see how your subconsciousness may of been working against you esp if you still were having any thoughts of death in your lucid mind (kind of would of created a confusing situation for your subconsciousness if you havent completely let go of those thoughts before trying to change the sky).

If you are just learning how to manifest things in your dreams.. make sure you arent holding any thoughts which will work against what you are trying to do. :)

Also it is easier to start with smaller things at first till you develop confidence in your ability to create things in your dreams (any doubts in yourself that you can do this can affect). It probably is far easier to try to manifest a light in a dream or turn a light on then it is to change night to day. Best luck. Im sure you will get the hang of the manifestion dream stuff soon :D

Dreams are a great way to work on thought control :D , so great for any of us into Spirituality etc.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

mia

Postby mia » 04 Apr 2013 00:09

Hi taniaaust1. Thank you for your comments.
Yes; these things about death, and the scene in the movie were thoughts in my mind in the dream.
How interesting that your DCs don't talk to you.
Thanks for your thoughts and advice. I definitely agree that my subconscious was working against me in this one.
I hope to have/remember another lucid dream soon.( I do find my work life gets in the way alright.)
:)

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 05 Apr 2013 09:49

mia wrote:Hello.
This is to introduce myself. I am Mia. I'm from Canada.
I have some experience with lucid dreaming; I have had lucid dreams off and on throughout my life. After school, and university, my life got very busy with the world of work, and I neglected my dreams and my inner world, and so I gradually started losing my dream recall abilities ( which used to be really good), and of course I lost the ability to be lucid in my dreams. I lost all of this for years. Recently, I have become very interested in Eastern ( mainly Tibetan Buddhism, and Hinduism) belief systems. I have been meditating some ( not a lot), doing yoga ( once a week for about 5 years), and have a desire to try to be more 'present' in life . So now, I have begun having lucid dreams again. Thanks to the internet, I have now just discovered that it is possible to increase the frequency of lucid dreams, and increase clarity and control in them. I never used to discuss these dreams with anyone. For quite awhile, I just assumed everyone had them from time to time, that it was just a normal occurrence in dreaming, and I didn't know there was a name for these types of dreams.
I want to indulge in them again. And now that I know I can, I want to have more of them regularly, and I want more clarity and control. I want to see where this can take me.
So there it is. Glad to have found this place. Thanks to Rebecca for fostering this.
Sincerely,
Mia

Dont forget to present you on my forum; ''NEW MEMBERS PRESENT YOU HERE''
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Return to “For Beginners”