Writing a Simpsons Episode

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
Jack Reacher

Writing a Simpsons Episode

Postby Jack Reacher » 03 Apr 2013 08:01

A few nights ago a had a pretty vivid dream, its not really the dream itself that was interesting, it was just me doing stuff as if it were an average day. However at I came up with an idea for a new simpsons episode. This isn't an idea for an entire episode, rather just a small side plot in the episode.

At some point in the episode at night time, Maggie sneaks out of the house and roams the street, and I guess this sort of became the dream. While maggie is roaming the street the atmosphere is completely different, its shown through her perspecitive. The shadows are more threatening and everything has a creepy vibe to it, its that time of your life I suppose when a child may be afraid of wondering the street at night due to monsters.

What happens next is interesting, Maggie isn't afraid at all. In fact as part of the Simpsons humor, what she does is starts stalking monsters and filming them, she starts making a documentary showing what adults don't see at night. When all the other kids are at home scared, Maggie is out enjoying herself and actually exploiting the monsters for profit. It is done in a sorta humerous way, and it sorta fits her character as she usually hangs out with the mob and such.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Peter

Re: Writing a Simpsons Episode

Postby Peter » 03 Apr 2013 09:50

all good, send it to them somehow.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 03 Apr 2013 10:19

haha, maybe I will. The interesting thing was that I was experiencing the story of maggie roaming the streets while simulatenously thinking about how it would go down.

Also later that night I woke at around 5 am. After not having a decent LD in months I thought hell il give it a go. Nothing really happened just lay there, an image of a woman popped into my mines eye and I thought ok maybe if I focus on her for a bit a dream will come out of this. However as soon as I finished that very thought it was actually the woman thinking that thought, I had become her for a bit and I was sorta "lucid". Unfortunately I caught up on that fact instantly and it sorta broke the spell, had I not done that I reackon a dream would have started then and there.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 03 Apr 2013 21:28

Jack Reacher wrote:haha, maybe I will. The interesting thing was that I was experiencing the story of maggie roaming the streets while simulatenously thinking about how it would go down.

This seems to be where the line between your subconscious thoughts dictating the dream and the random element which sometimes comes into play, is blurred.
Dreaming is my drug

mia

Postby mia » 11 Apr 2013 04:25

Your subconscious bridging between yourself and the image you were envisioning is fascinating. Also, the idea of 'being' a different character, but still you, while in a lucid dream, is very provoking.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”