Tips - For Beginners !

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
btifuldreamer

Tips - For Beginners !

Postby btifuldreamer » 01 Apr 2013 01:39

I am new to the forum :P and i made this topic to help beginner lucid dreamers (like me) in experiencing their first lucid dream and how to get better at lucid dreaming once they have had one. If anyone has any tips that you discovered yourself that are very helpful to you or if you've just read one that also helped you please post it ! Hopefully this discussion could lead me to my first lucid dream... Any tips at all will do and i appreciate all answers :D

tea

Re: Tips - For Beginners !

Postby tea » 01 Apr 2013 14:11

well.. in fact, this whole website is for exactly that purpose. so i guess there is no need for such a thread.
have you visited the non-forum-part of that website? (just http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com)
i'm sure you'll find many answers there.

and if not, i think it's more efficient if you simply ask specific questions on the forum when you have them..

but i like your idea ;)
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

tea

Postby tea » 01 Apr 2013 14:14

but here's my first tip:

it's important for anyone who wants to lucid dream to keep a dream-journal. that's because remembering your dreams is -of course- one of the very basics and a journal will boost your memory on that.

i'd recommend you to subscribe to rebecca's free e-course (which are 10 mails you'll get over time). that'd be a great start for beginners: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/subscribe.html
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 01 Apr 2013 23:14

ahh okay now i fell bad... :oops:
But i made this becuase on many websites i visit there are a lotttttttt of questions i have because they don't explain the methods in much detail but i find this website to be very helpful :) I keep a dream journal and managed to remember 6 freams last night and they were actually very vivid. I will subscribe to the e-course if that's what you suggest. Thank you :D

tea

Postby tea » 02 Apr 2013 06:46

btifuldreamer wrote:ahh okay now i feel bad... :oops:

don't worry, glad i could help :)
you can never ask too much!

Gunslinger19

Postby Gunslinger19 » 03 Apr 2013 18:05

btifuldreamer wrote:ahh okay now i fell bad... :oops:

Hey, don't feel bad. I came to this website a while back and asked sorta the same thing and I got no replies. Either this forum isn't frequented very much, or people here are kinda grouchy, but I don't see the need in telling somebody new to basically kick rocks and explore. I mean, duh. Sure we could do that, but it's better to bump a thread and see if somebody nice enough will help out because either I'm lazy, or I'm strapped for time.

Anyway, I have a tip for you. Try taking B6 for a few nights and see if that helps. I just bought the 200mg Spring Valley stuff from walmart. I don't know if I'm placeboing myself into more lucids, but that seemed to help quite a bit. Give it a shot! :D
So much you did; So much you did and so much more you would have done, aye, and all without a check or qualm, and so will the world end, I think, a victim of love rather than hate. For love's ever been the more destructive weapon, sure.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Apr 2013 22:56

Gunslinger19 wrote:

Hey, don't feel bad. I came to this website a while back and asked sorta the same thing and I got no replies. Either this forum isn't frequented very much, or people here are kinda grouchy, but I don't see the need in telling somebody new to basically kick rocks and explore. I mean, duh. Sure we could do that, but it's better to bump a thread and see if somebody nice enough will help out because either I'm lazy, or I'm strapped for time.

I think part of the reason why people here are getting no replies to questions they have is that nearly everyone here is beginners (that means that even when questions were getting answered, they were often being answered wrongly.. the blind trying to lead the blind). Its one of the reasons why i decided to hang around here and try to help people. (there of cause are a few people here who are regular LDers but they probably get sick of answering same questions being asked over and over).

This site thou does have some great pages which give tips for LDing etc etc (that stuff isnt something which can be answered well in just a brief reply to someone).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 04 Apr 2013 01:01

Thanks very much you guys ! I try not to do posts like "omg help me I cant lucid dream !" because thats selfish and everyone will just say shut up I dont care so i did this topic to help all beginners. gunslinger I will try to get that but my mum thinks LD isnt possible and its unnatural to controll your dreams but yeah that didnt stop me :P I am always checking up on this site to check for replies but theres only ever like the same 5 people replying to everything. Hopefully more people will join this site so there are more frequent conversation cuz I always like reading peoples dreams :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Gunslinger19

Postby Gunslinger19 » 04 Apr 2013 20:37

btifuldreamer wrote:gunslinger I will try to get that but my mum thinks LD isnt possible and its unnatural to controll your dreams but yeah that didnt stop me :P

Lucid dreaming is definitely possible! If you've never had one (chances are you have, you just don't remember it), take it from me (random internet stranger that I am) that it is definitely possible. Your mind is a huge engine capable of doing everything this site says, and possibly even more. Research Dimethyltryptamine. Yes, it is a drug. No I do not take it. However, your pineal gland naturally secretes a small amount of DMT every night, which causes you to dream.

As for it not being natural to control your dreams? Who cares if your mom thinks you shouldn't, your dreams are YOUR business and the only way she can stop you from doing it is by preventing you from sleeping!

The way I found at about lucid dreaming control was a co-worker who has the skill, but naturally, to control his dreams almost 90% of the time. Some people have it naturally, some have to work up there. I've been working on it for about 6 months and it just takes time to build that brain strength to do it! He was telling me that in some of the more vivid dreams he has, he has been able to solve problems at work he had been working on for weeks because your mind is more focused in a lucid dream. He doesn't even have to try like we do! Crazy stuff. He even came up with a decent business plan/model in one of his dreams.

So anyway, keep at it! I'm always learning new stuff. 2 nights ago I finally figured out how to fly like superman instead of summoning a magic flying skateboard like I typically do. I simply quit trying to focus so hard to fly, and let it happen naturally. That might not work for everybody, everybody's mind is different, but like the other guy said... We will probably always be n00bs because humans still only use a small portion of our brains. Who knows what else we could do if we unlocked the full potential of our brains. I'm gonna try to respond to more newbies on this site though cause I like this forum a lot and want more people on here to come back cause it's fun to discuss this stuff.

Anyway, that concludes my book!

Matt
So much you did; So much you did and so much more you would have done, aye, and all without a check or qualm, and so will the world end, I think, a victim of love rather than hate. For love's ever been the more destructive weapon, sure.

Gunslinger19

Postby Gunslinger19 » 04 Apr 2013 20:43

taniaaust1 wrote:
Gunslinger19 wrote:

I think part of the reason why people here are getting no replies to questions they have is that nearly everyone here is beginners (that means that even when questions were getting answered, they were often being answered wrongly.. the blind trying to lead the blind). Its one of the reasons why i decided to hang around here and try to help people. (there of cause are a few people here who are regular LDers but they probably get sick of answering same questions being asked over and over).

This site thou does have some great pages which give tips for LDing etc etc (that stuff isnt something which can be answered well in just a brief reply to someone).

That's true. I'm new, but I don't mind dropping tips that have worked for me cause it MIGHT help somebody else. Chances are, even the pros might not have the best tips because everybody's mind works differently. I've taken a few tips that I've gotten from the main part of this website (the non-forum part) and the basis of the recommendations have worked, with some tweaking so they fit my psyche a bit better. I can see people getting tired of the same questions being asked over and over again, though... thing is, there are still quite a few threads on here and some of us, like myself, just don't have the time to search it all. So repeat question are to be expected. Anyway, have a good one!

Matt

Return to “For Beginners”