My "Dream sign practice" experiment

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
deepakkumaar97

My "Dream sign practice" experiment

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 03 Apr 2013 06:51

I think I have found a good way to realize it is a dream by the means of practicing dream signs.
This is how I did it:
I sleep consciously using the techniques like observing your breath, I slowly realize myself falling asleep, I never have had any HI, but I see some dream images as I fall asleep, and the next second I realize I am not conscious like I am in waking life, I am drifting into sleep, my mind and thoughts are working as it works in dreams, this way I have seen, heard, felt some dreamlike images and things but I am conscious enough that I pretty soon realize it is not my conscious thoughts and daydreams, For instance, once I saw a Hippo talking with the voice of my friend, and it was so vivid and real unlike my daydreams or even non lucid dreams, but they were more like my real life waking memories and experiences. This way I have practiced about 15-20 dream signs till now. And I have seen how a dream starts, and now I know it just starts randomly.

I did this things successfully on two types of situations:
1) Whenever I am physically more tired than usual and am going to sleep at night.
2) After waking up normally in the morning and after doing some physical activities for 2-3 hours and am physically tired and I go for a little nap.

Every time I do this, I come and go back to dream scene easily about 3-4 times, that is, I see 3-4 dream images in one time.

One more thing I have experienced is that as soon as I realize myself drifting into the dream, I am back to my physical, and I feel a sudden change in my heart beat and breath, I also get a little shock.

I have been using this technique for practicing dream signs, and probably, I have done it successfully. The moment I realize myself in a dream, it seems normal even though they are weird, and after a second or two when I am almost back in my physical body, I realise it was totally weird.

I also think that my above experiences were myself taking a step above for having a WILD.

I have just shared my experiences and experiments, if you have something to suggest/ask( if i was not clear) please post it in the reply.
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Re: My "Dream sign practice" experiment

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Apr 2013 07:36

deepakkumaar97 wrote: And I have seen how a dream starts, and now I know it just starts randomly.

I did this things successfully on two types of situations:
1) Whenever I am physically more tired than usual and am going to sleep at night.
2) After waking up normally in the morning and after doing some physical activities for 2-3 hours and am physically tired and I go for a little nap.

They are times when I find it fairly easy to drift into the start of a dream too. The hurdle as you mentioned is not shocking yourself awake when you very first realise you are dreaming, that used to be my first big hurdle when doing LD in this WILD way.

I agree that the dreams seems to start randomly but have you noticed yet that when it does that you are in a certain mental state?? like have to be in the right state for that randomess to start? Ive found there is like a perfect state to try doing a LD at (I cant always get it right but do sometimes.. Im working to always recognise that perfert LD entry state)

I have been using this technique for practicing dream signs, and probably, I have done it successfully. The moment I realize myself in a dream, it seems normal even though they are weird, and after a second or two when I am almost back in my physical body, I realise it was totally weird.

Sounds like you still are loosing a lot of your waking awareness while doing it seeing you dont realise just how weird things are at the time. I think with time you may end up having more of that there and be thinking more clearly when you flow into the dream state.

ive been getting a bit of practice of late going from dreaming to back to physical body to dreaming and back, back and forth :) (Last night reentered my LD successfully 3 times :D , maybe next time I'll try 4).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 04 Apr 2013 12:31

taniaaust1 wrote:I agree that the dreams seems to start randomly but have you noticed yet that when it does that you are in a certain mental state?? like have to be in the right state for that randomess to start? Ive found there is like a perfect state to try doing a LD at (I cant always get it right but do sometimes.. Im working to always recognise that perfert LD entry state)

Actually, it seems like a pretty tough question, but I can share what I experienced and noticed:
When the dream(I would rather say random thoughts or images) starts, at that moment I have had no consciousness at all of my physical body as if there is not one.

I think it just starts randomly, I mean, whenever I am back to my consciousness from such randomness, I just run my thoughts backwards and realize that they had no connection to my conscious or previous waking thoughts.

I don't think I have answered your question correctly, its either that I did not understand your question or that I just don't know.
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Apr 2013 12:45

deepakkumaar97 wrote:Actually, it seems like a pretty tough question, but I can share what I experienced and noticed:
When the dream(I would rather say random thoughts or images) starts, at that moment I have had no consciousness at all of my physical body as if there is not one.

I think it just starts randomly, I mean, whenever I am back to my consciousness from such randomness, I just run my thoughts backwards and realize that they had no connection to my conscious or previous waking thoughts.

I don't think I have answered your question correctly, its either that I did not understand your question or that I just don't know.

its okay.. you obviously havent as yet noticed the shifts Im talking about, its very subtle. I just thought you may of noticed them. Sounds like you are going well with things thou, you just need to learn to keep yourself in them while being aware or pull yourself in deeper.

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 04 Apr 2013 14:12

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3593&p=17567#p17567

DeltaV wrote:'Tis going well so far. I lay down on my bed, with some isochronic noise on my headphones, and started relaxing. After quite a while, I felt relaxed enough (and a little bored), and started visualizing. This got a bit weird; sometimes I'd get immersed in my thoughts and they started to continue by themselves, while I lost awareness. Then I'd remember that I am trying to visualise, and I'd snap back.

At a certain point, I got to play around with the feeling of being on a boat, rocking slowly up and down. But then my visualised surroundings got chaotic and began to do things on their own. One moment I was imagining I was on the back of a dolphin, the other moment I was racing through a set of corridors for no reason at all. It's as if I were dreaming, but not completely. I was aware of it, but I was not completely immersed nor controlling the visuals. And then, I got distracted because for some reason I was holding my breath or something.
Does anyone else have these kinds of self-sustaining imageries?

He has described very well what I experience
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Apr 2013 00:12

deepakkumaar97 wrote:http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3593&p=17567#p17567

DeltaV wrote:'Tis going well so far. I lay down on my bed, with some isochronic noise on my headphones, and started relaxing. After quite a while, I felt relaxed enough (and a little bored), and started visualizing. This got a bit weird; sometimes I'd get immersed in my thoughts and they started to continue by themselves, while I lost awareness. Then I'd remember that I am trying to visualise, and I'd snap back.

At a certain point, I got to play around with the feeling of being on a boat, rocking slowly up and down. But then my visualised surroundings got chaotic and began to do things on their own. One moment I was imagining I was on the back of a dolphin, the other moment I was racing through a set of corridors for no reason at all. It's as if I were dreaming, but not completely. I was aware of it, but I was not completely immersed nor controlling the visuals. And then, I got distracted because for some reason I was holding my breath or something.
Does anyone else have these kinds of self-sustaining imageries?

He has described very well what I experience

Yeah I understood that. :) . I was just trying to find out about your experience deeper.

Those isochronic beats shift the brain in some way. I was refering to a certain subtle feel which happens when the brain is shifted in such a way (you dont need the isochronic beats for the state which occurs and which I think we all get just before WILD).

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”