Eastern Assassin's + First LD!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
James

Eastern Assassin's + First LD!

Postby James » 04 Apr 2013 20:24

It's been a little while since I discovered lucid dreaming and when I did discover I think I just tried too hard but 2 nights ago I guess I had my first 'intentional' lucid dream (I had 2 when I was small but the first time I used it to escape a nightmare and the 2nd time I was just walking around for a while on a road :/ ). But anyway, that morning I had do get up early and when I alarm woke me up I fell back to sleep and in those 10 minutes of sleep I became lucid :D. (I had been asleep already for about 10hrs.)

Oh also the day I had the lucid dream I as too busy to type it up and yesterday I typed it all up but because I had a break in the middle when I clicked enter it asked me for my login deatails and I lost everything I had typed so I ragequitted :P.

=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=--==--=-==--==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-

I'm standing by the River Thames with an 18 year old assassin called Ling and for some reason I feel like we have met before and have a strong bond. She tells me that somebody will be visiting my school soon and she needs me to help her assassinate this visitor. I ask her why and she begins to tell me of her past (but I'll summarize to keep this short)

Ling used to be part of an order of assassins and one day they were given a job to take out a very powerful and slightly magical person, with the reward being higher than they have ever seen. Ling was sent to carry out this assassination but the target's bodyguard stopped Ling and she managed to escape and hide in a nearby forest for 3 weeks. When Ling returned to the order (which is currently in a boat on the sea) to bring news of her failure the leader of the order (who I will call Leader) Leader made Ling leave the order but before she did Leader called in another assassin to cut off Lings hands. The other assassin manages to cut off 1 hand but Ling struggles free and jumps out the window where she is later found by a merchant ship.

Anyway I agree to help Ling and she dives into the Thames and boards a nearby boat.

-Dream fades to my school at break-

I'm walking around with my friends as you do when I see Ling disguised as one of the 6th form members so I approach her and she tells me that Leader will also be in the school, shows me a picture of her and then gives be a box with a button on it and tells me that if I see her press the button so we part. After a while I hear screams from near the science block so I rush over to find somebody on the floor with a dagger sticking out her chest and some people around her, Ling is with me too but she walks up to one of the people around her which I then realize is Leader and with perfect timing spontaneously become lucid!

Ling throws a throwing knife which skims past Leaders neck, but Leader is obviously very good at combat or she wouldn't be Leader. They instantly both leap at each other daggers armed and I run to Lings knife, pick it up and throw it. It hits leader in the back of the throat. I hear footsteps behind me and quickly turn around to see another assassin who was seemingly there to protect Leader running at me so I close my eyes and think "fly".

I open my eyes and find myself about 10metres in the air :D! I point my palm at the protector and a burst of energy hits him sending him crashing into the ground. I fly back to to Ling to rejoice with her and we both fly up really fast until we can see the Earth with its blue atmosphere surrounding it and it feels and looks amazing. We both fly back down over some traffic and land, and I tell her that I have to go and will see her soon,

I wake up, smiling from ear to ear.

Epic mustachio guy! :{0
Was it worth it?

Guitar48300

Re: Eastern Assassin's + First LD!

Postby Guitar48300 » 04 Apr 2013 22:25

That's awesome! So, are you really gonna try to see Ling again? I'd love to hear how that works out if you do :D
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

XperienceD

Postby XperienceD » 05 Apr 2013 03:26

That dream is a semi lucid dream. Its not DILD in the real sense. If u had been fully lucid your DCs would have become something different or they would fade as your dream would start to fade. You would have needed to rub your hands or spin in order to prolongue your dream.

The complete structure differs in LD and semi LD dreams. Your dream isnt a lucid dream, Its semi lucid and you just went with the flow.

James

Postby James » 06 Apr 2013 10:35

XperienceD wrote:That dream is a semi lucid dream. Its not DILD in the real sense. If u had been fully lucid your DCs would have become something different or they would fade as your dream would start to fade. You would have needed to rub your hands or spin in order to prolongue your dream.

Why?

Going with the flow doesn't rule out it being lucid, and even if you think it does I still 'took control' by flying and shooting energy stoofs :D
Was it worth it?

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 06 Apr 2013 19:48

XperienceD wrote:That dream is a semi lucid dream. Its not DILD in the real sense. If u had been fully lucid your DCs would have become something different or they would fade as your dream would start to fade. You would have needed to rub your hands or spin in order to prolongue your dream.

The complete structure differs in LD and semi LD dreams. Your dream isnt a lucid dream, Its semi lucid and you just went with the flow.

Not entirely true. To become lucid in your dreams means to know that you're dreaming, and you don't necessarily need to control every bit of the dream around you to call that dream a lucid dream.
James, I think you totally nailed it in your first lucid dream. Flying is a hard thing to handle in the first couple of lucid dreams for most people, but you did an outstanding job of maintaining a high enough peak of lucidity and concentration to be able to fly. Also, nice dream story!
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 07 Apr 2013 14:22

congratulation for your lucid dream haha :lol:
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

XperienceD

Postby XperienceD » 08 Apr 2013 01:24

PrototypeTEGTA wrote:Not entirely true. To become lucid in your dreams means to know that you're dreaming, and you don't necessarily need to control every bit of the dream around you to call that dream a lucid dream.

Nah, being Lucid doesnt mean you control your dream, you are just aware of dreaming so you control your actions and dream still has its story and landscape. In fully developed LD You can control landscape shifts but each successful attempt will lead to harder lucidity control.

James wrote:Why?

Going with the flow doesn't rule out it being lucid, and even if you think it does I still 'took control' by flying and shooting energy stoofs :D

I have been doing that since I was 6y old in semi lucid dreams. Flying should not be hard to achieve. In semi LD you control your actions but completely go with the flow ( you cannot transform hostile DCs into non hostiles, shift landscapes etc...)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Apr 2013 11:15

Congrats James for your LD. I thought your control seemed good, u did what YOU "wanted" to do and you even managed to fly when you wanted to... choosing to play along with a dream doesnt make one any less lucid.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Apr 2013 11:19

XperienceD wrote: If u had been fully lucid your DCs would have become something different or they would fade as your dream would start to fade. You would have needed to rub your hands or spin in order to prolongue your dream.

Not necessarily. Ive had fully lucid LDs in which I became aware while in the dream but my dreamscape didnt change when I was (I didnt try to change it due to my own choice, I like to explore the dreamscape I find myself in). In many of my dreams Ive never needed to rub my hands or spin either (I used to have no trouble staying fully lucid and used to be able to control my dreams to the point where I could choose when I wanted to end them and how long they were going for).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 08 Apr 2013 12:49

XperienceD wrote:Nah, being Lucid doesnt mean you control your dream, you are just aware of dreaming so you control your actions and dream still has its story and landscape. In fully developed LD You can control landscape shifts but each successful attempt will lead to harder lucidity control.

That is exactly what I'm saying... :|
The term Lucid Dream means: to become aware that one is dreaming while dreaming, and realize that they're experiencing a dream from a point-of-view other than their sleeping, physical body.

Which is exactly equal to this:
PrototypeTEGTA wrote:Not entirely true. To become lucid in your dreams means to know that you're dreaming, and you don't necessarily need to control every bit of the dream around you to call that dream a lucid dream.

CONTROLLING A DREAM isn't a criteria for you to become lucid. You might just become lucid and decide that you're going to let the dream plot to unfold on its own, and decide that you're not going to interfere, but rather just perceive what is happening. This is still a lucid dream.

Still though, what you said about needing to be an 'advanced' lucid dreamer to control some parts of the lucid dream doesn't apply to everybody.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”