If you believe in afterlife, what do you think it will be?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
lucidinthe sky

If you believe in afterlife, what do you think it will be?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 04 Apr 2013 16:28

Was wondering what people who believe in an afterlife think it will be like. I think it will be something like a mutual lucid dream world.

Like to know what others who believe think.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Je-Je

Re: If you believe in afterlife, what do you think it will b

Postby Je-Je » 05 Apr 2013 10:22

For me it will be a Paradies 8-) ; No pain, Everything is possible, Flying, Super power magic, No physical things. :D
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 05 Apr 2013 13:45

Obviously, I can never really know, because dying is kind of a permanent state... but from my own projections, I feel have prepared me for the ultimate eventuality, in that it will be very similar to a dream state.

The dream state to me being just another non-physical reality frame...
The irony being that I view this physical reality as just another non-physical reality as well...

So things might take on less of "shape" and "form" than we're used to here and more of an abstract viewpoint. The only reason we dream in a physical manner is because that's what we know. Once you leave this reality frame permanently, who knows what form things will take... or how much of this physical reality your consciousness will retain. I do believe, at least for the first while, it will be quite similar to this reality frame we're currently experiencing.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 05 Apr 2013 20:24

Soil falling over your head.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

mikeg313

Postby mikeg313 » 05 Apr 2013 23:33

My good friend believes that there is no after life. Once you die, that it, nothing. He fears death very much day to day and tries to live in a safe environment hoping the inevitable does not happen.
Poor him.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 06 Apr 2013 04:44

mikeg313 wrote:My good friend believes that there is no after life. Once you die, that it, nothing. He fears death very much day to day and tries to live in a safe environment hoping the inevitable does not happen.
Poor him.

Very sad.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 06 Apr 2013 15:56

Ryan wrote:Obviously, I can never really know, because dying is kind of a permanent state... but from my own projections, I feel have prepared me for the ultimate eventuality, in that it will be very similar to a dream state.

The dream state to me being just another non-physical reality frame...
The irony being that I view this physical reality as just another non-physical reality as well...

That's my feeling as well. I think all "realities" involving physical things are "virtual". In order for us to get the experiences we need here, it must be completely believable as an existence outside of which nothing exists. Otherwise it couldn't serve the purpose. So it becomes possible for us to believe that there is consciousness outside the human life, or not.

Ryan wrote:So things might take on less of "shape" and "form" than we're used to here and more of an abstract viewpoint. The only reason we dream in a physical manner is because that's what we know. Once you leave this reality frame permanently, who knows what form things will take... or how much of this physical reality your consciousness will retain. I do believe, at least for the first while, it will be quite similar to this reality frame we're currently experiencing.

I also wonder how much awareness of this physical life we will retain, maybe little or nothing of it at all. I do think our abilities to manifest "reality" will be very important after we leave here. I was also reading a really interesting NDE about someone who saw that you could "borrow" experiences from others, like sampling various experiences for different people's perspectives. Really interesting.

mia

Postby mia » 07 Apr 2013 17:11

I think it will be like waking from a dream ( the dream of life); you will struggle to remember some of it; if you think of it at all. It will be very freeing to discard the limitations of a physical body, and the physical world. Then, you will fall back into the dream again ( perhaps what they call reincarnation ) into another physical form ).
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 07 Apr 2013 18:06

lucidinthe sky wrote:I also wonder how much awareness of this physical life we will retain, maybe little or nothing of it at all. I do think our abilities to manifest "reality" will be very important after we leave here. I was also reading a really interesting NDE about someone who saw that you could "borrow" experiences from others, like sampling various experiences for different people's perspectives. Really interesting.

Tom Campbell, who I view as being one of the most experienced in these events, shared what he's experienced as being "what happens". He's watched many family and friends die, while being out of body with them at the time of their passing.

His view is that how you are now is exactly how you'll be when you die. There's no real change in the "you". But what he did say was that the longer you've been dead, the more that this physical experience begins to feel like a "dream". Exactly like when you wake up in the morning, the longer you go the more you forget... well, his experience is that it's kind of like that, but in reverse. lol

Interesting concept.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

mia

Postby mia » 07 Apr 2013 19:52

Well Ryan, I looked up Tom Campbell. An unusual physicist with fascinating ideas on physics and metaphysics, and the nature of reality.
I bookmarked a site that discusses 'gems' ( quotations) from his "My Big Toe' presentation. Will take some time to read through it all and think about it.
An excellent referral. Thank you.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Return to “Off-Topic”