Dream Imagery

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
jkemeny

Dream Imagery

Postby jkemeny » 19 Aug 2011 19:35

Here's another illustration from my dream journal. I experienced this scene during what I call a VVD (very vivid dream) but not quite lucid. I was rowing a boat on a lake and I was surrounded by beautiful and surreal imagery. I rowed past an island that had ancient ruins on it. There seemed to be an abandoned temple with a stone statue (for some reason I think it was the god Neptune). Anyway, what I want to open up for discussion is where does imagery in dreams and lucid dreams come from? Do our brains simply make it up? Or do we tap into a higher "consciousness" and in some way are we influenced by "powers" outside of our own minds? In other words are our minds capable of experiencing alternate realities during dreams and lucid dreams? C,mon...lets get metaphysical! I look forward to your opinion.
Attachments
LakedreamWEB.jpg
LakedreamWEB.jpg (132.59 KiB) Viewed 1404 times

Peter

Re: Dream Imagery

Postby Peter » 19 Aug 2011 22:50

I will start with simple and see where we get to. One of my thoughts is that everything we have ever seen, heard, felt, smelt etc must have gone in to have had the experience in the first place so following on from this we have an extremely rich toolbox of building blocks to be used by the dream builder to make a scene.
The bit that interests me is who, what or where is the scene constructed and if it appears to have been a lesson in some way what has constructed this.

peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 20 Aug 2011 02:19

Most people keeps saying that their dreams are taking place in beautiful areas. For some reason, my dreams keep bringing me to cold, empty, and barren lands. For example, I once appeared in a large snowey field. It looked like a mine field from World War Two or something. There were signs everywhere that said "DANGER. MINES!"

Another place was a icy forest durring the night and there was a road going through it. This dream appeared to take place durring the late 1800's because there was a crashed horse and buggy that was on fire. Both horses were dead, and the passengers and driver were gone. Mabey I am just a sick minded person? I dunno... Hope the dream settings stop being so depressing... :twisted:
Attachments
falklands-minefield1.jpg
falklands-minefield1.jpg (123.19 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Peter

Postby Peter » 20 Aug 2011 06:33

u r lucky, if its a mine field and a LD jump on them and see how high u can go. Try to set off 2 at once and see if you go up evenly. forget all the rules for normal reality - they just dont apply
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 22 Aug 2011 01:31

Why would I jump on a mine? It might hurt...
Can you get maimed in a dream?

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 22 Aug 2011 21:23

Sure can. You can feel pain too. Just refocus yourself and remember it is your dream, and repair whatever it is. It will go away.

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 23 Aug 2011 20:52

Ok

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”