Counting Your way to Lucid Dreaming

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
btifuldreamer

Re: Counting Your way to Lucid Dreaming

Postby btifuldreamer » 05 Apr 2013 00:43

Hmmm well hopefully I hav a LD before I hav to stop doing the mantra. Last night I had about 4 or five dreams but because I was lazy I waited til I hopped up in thw morning and I only got to write down 2 :/ I will be less lazy tonight :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 06 Apr 2013 07:10

It look more like a WILD methode haha :lol:
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 07 Apr 2013 00:42

Yeah maybe :S i hope its not cuz wild's are for people good at lucid dreaming :( :P

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 30 Apr 2013 14:21

ive tried it for 3 nights. the first night, i got to about 40 and fell asleep. The deeper I get into falling asleep, the harder i find it to remember what number i was on last. Also, I found that saying "I am dreaming" after each number kind of makes it harder for my mind to concentrate. I wonder why.

I also tried it last night. First I counted to 100 then opened my eyes and did a reality check, but Im knew I was still awake. Then I tried again and got to 150 without even falling asleep. I just stopped cause I got bored.

So there are my results so far, but I am also kind of confused. So do I want to stay concentrated on counting, not letting my mind drift?
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 May 2013 11:26

I once did this techique many more times then there something like 100-200 (it may of even been up to 500) counts and still didnt get to sleep. In my case it actually backfired as I ended up due to it and nothing happening feeling extremely frustrated so then wasnt at all in the right state for a LD.

I once also counted sheep backwards from 1000 to try to get to sleep with no luck with that.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 06 May 2013 06:28

I gave this a go last night. It was useful to get my mind in the right place, and when I reached about 57 I began to feel the sudden change in state of mind and then began to get light vibrations. However I always seem to stop breathing at this point (literally feels like I can't breathe) so I had to stop to take a deep breath. I tried again with a different mantra and fell asleep. I like this method though because its almost like a challenge to me :P
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 07 May 2013 09:48

hmmm maybe this method isn't that effective.... I haven't really tried it. I have counted but then my mind wondered and i thought of something else. I'll try it fully tonight :D

csluyuan

Postby csluyuan » 05 Jul 2013 11:00

I suppose it could've been a dream.... but i dont know. Although i didn't have a LD it didn't feel like a total faliure... I'll keep trying

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 05 Jul 2013 13:20

csluyuan wrote:I suppose it could've been a dream.... but i dont know. Although i didn't have a LD it didn't feel like a total faliure... I'll keep trying

this technique? I don't think it's very reliable :| I gave up on it long ago but, whatever works for you. Right now i'm trying a similar technique but it's much more relaxed. When you wake up hopefully during REM, just let your mind wander but remind yourself that you are sleeping every so often. Hopefully you Will son enter sleep paralysis and go into a lucid dream! :lol:

SnorlaxDreamer

Postby SnorlaxDreamer » 19 Jul 2013 18:20

I did this method this night. I counted from 100 and down, telling my brain that I wanted to be lucid. It actually worked very good to sent me into a hypnagogic state, and somewhat passing SP. I did not feel SP at least, but my eyes flickered/shaked insanely, my muscles jolted and my bed felt like it was shook very hard. I also heard a few random sounds.

I'll try it once more, but also do some WBTB or WILD when I wake up in the night.
"If I only could see you in my dreams, I would sleep all the time!" <3

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”