advice needed please.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ruane99

advice needed please.

Postby ruane99 » 06 Apr 2013 10:42

Hello,
I heard about Lucid dreaming and decided to give it a go. I then gave up, however I recently wanted to try again. I just wanted to make sure that it is safe to do. I heard that some may get sleep paralysis and I wasn't entirely sure. Is there any advice and tips you can give me to help my achieve my first lucid dream. So far, after two nights, I have recalled 12 dreams, but I still have the feeling that is it really possible to awake in your dreams as mine seem so hazy and so out of my control.

Thank you so much for any help anyone can give me.

Je-Je

Re: advice needed please.

Postby Je-Je » 06 Apr 2013 11:04

Your the welcome on this forum, and you can present you on my forum ''NEW MEMBERS PRESENT YOU HERE''. ;)

You mustnt be scare of sleep paralysis. Me too when i first hear of sleep paralysis, i was terrifly that i didnt want to sleep that night.
You must take off this idea(paralysis is scary) from your head. You must said '' if i will have a sleep paralysis, so i have trick my body, im the best'' or ''If i have a sleep paralysis tonight, it will be fantasty, cuz i'll can enter immediately into lucid dream or astral projection''.
You must tell to yourself that sleep-paralysis is an positive thing for a beginner. You must see the positive in sleep-paralysis, not the negative things. Good luck ;)
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

ruane99

Postby ruane99 » 06 Apr 2013 11:30

Thanks so much, I hope I get a lucid dream soon!

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 07 Apr 2013 16:04

Hey ruane99, have you got my message???? :?: :?:
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

tea

Postby tea » 08 Apr 2013 08:36

ruane99 wrote:I heard that some may get sleep paralysis and I wasn't entirely sure.

that's true. in fact, everybody has sleep paralysis every night! :D
normally you don't realize it but it sometimes happens that you wake up but parts of your brain are still asleep, leading to not being able to move. but it's nothing to be afraid of - nothing dangerous!
check out this link, maybe this helps you: http://world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/sleep-paralysis.html

ruane99 wrote:Is there any advice and tips you can give me to help my achieve my first lucid dream.

of course! first off: do you keep a dream journal? since you talked about 12 dreams you could recall, i guess you do. a possible next step is to recognize your dream-symbols.
what those are? everything that's out of place/unnatural. everything that could make you think: "what a minute, that's absurd! that's gotta be a dream!"
read all your recorded dreams and underline every dream-symbol you can find.

another step would be to start doing reality-checks.

however, i'm pretty sure you'll find all your answers on this website and forum!
another tip i can give you is to subscribe to rebecca's free e-course: http://world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/subscribe.html
it's a nice start for everyone who wants to learn more about LD.

☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

ruane99

Postby ruane99 » 10 Aug 2013 11:59

Hey guys,
I've continued to keep dream journals but still no sign of a lucid dream yet. I did have a weird dream though, where I wasn't in control, but I had inner thoughts telling myself what to do in my dream and it actually did it in my dream. Is there a sign I am getting closer to a lucid dream?
Thanks

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Aug 2013 06:25

One usually has to do more then just keep a dream journal to trigger off a LD (thou that and the desire to LD can just trigger one off for a few). You may want to read about LD techniques if you havent already done so.

If you do a technique for several weeks without anything new going on, I'd then suggest to change technique or start to do more things which can trigger off an LD too eg doing reality checks etc etc
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 14 Aug 2013 07:10

taniaaust1 wrote:One usually has to do more then just keep a dream journal to trigger off a LD (thou that and the desire to LD can just trigger one off for a few). You may want to read about LD techniques if you havent already done so.

If you do a technique for several weeks without anything new going on, I'd then suggest to change technique or start to do more things which can trigger off an LD too eg doing reality checks etc etc

Tania where you been :D I can't really give advice on how to have a lucid dream cuz i haven't had one.... But yeah do what taniaaust said. As for the sleep paralysis, if you see or hear scary things, don't let fear take over you, they're not real and once you realize that they will probably go away or even become not as scary

Return to “For Beginners”