New Members Present You Here.

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Je-Je

New Members Present You Here.

Postby Je-Je » 04 Apr 2013 18:11

A new topic for new members:
Here, you must present you; how long have you taken to have your first lucid dream, how old are you, how did you discover lucid dreaming, what is your level in lucid dreaming, what methode do you use, etc...
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Je-Je

Re: New Members Present You Here.

Postby Je-Je » 04 Apr 2013 18:24

So i will start;
hello, im JeJe, im 15 and a half yo, i discover lucid dreaming by the film Inception.
I have make my first lucid dreaming after one months and a half, there were some days, i wanted to stop, cuz there was no result, but finaly, i have got mine, and i was motived again.
My level of lucid dreaming is very low, i need to make a lot of lucid dreaming to perform my level.
The method that i use is; reality checks, dream journal, and WBTB. The WILD method is the worst method for me now, cuz it could retart again lucid dreaming, and also cuz im a beginner in lucid dreaming and the WILD method is for Advencer.

neverlandjulia

Postby neverlandjulia » 04 Apr 2013 20:44

Hi, I'm Julia and I'll be 20 in July.
It took me 23 days to have my first lucid dreaming experience though it lasted around 3 seconds and I'm still struggling to repeat it, this time for longer. I discovered lucid dreaming while surfing on-line because they wrote about it on lifehacker.com or some other website like that. I use WILD the most often and try to use MILD too, but I find it extremely hard. I'm a light sleeper, wake up several nights during the night, and I sometimes have trouble sleeping, because I live in very noisy place. From time to time I have to take melatonin to even fall asleep.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Apr 2013 23:25

Je-Je wrote:So i will start;
hello, im JeJe, im 15 and a half yo, i discover lucid dreaming by the film Inception.
I have make my first lucid dreaming after one months and a half, there were some days, i wanted to stop, cuz there was no result, but finaly, i have got mine, and i was motived again.
My level of lucid dreaming is very low, i need to make a lot of lucid dreaming to perform my level.
The method that i use is; reality checks, dream journal, and WBTB. The WILD method is the worst method for me now, cuz it could retart again lucid dreaming, and also cuz im a beginner in lucid dreaming and the WILD method is for Advencer.

Everyone is different, even beginners. The WILD method may actually be easier for those beginners who when asleep, sleep very deep so struggle to remember their dreams as one can WILD with no break in consciousness.

For some it is much harder, for others they may find it helps to have their first experiences at LD and for others what they find easier or harder may actually change over time eg a person may have very first experiences, short ones with WILD but then may switch over to another method due to finding it easier to maintain the LDs once they start (thou they could be easier togo into a LD with WILD).

If someone makes people think a method is hard, it is then bound to be harder as the subconciousness and a persons will and thoughts really can affect their LD experiences.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 05 Apr 2013 12:29

Hi :D I am a 14 years old male and although I have seen inception, thats not what got me into lucid dreaming. I once had a dream and it was soooo good that I looked up on thw internet of you can control your dreams and I found lucid dreaming. I hav not had one yet :( but I am using FILD and counting to lucid dreaming as my current techniques

[ Post made via Android ] Image

mia

Postby mia » 05 Apr 2013 14:52

Hello. (This is a repeat at the request of the poster of this topic) :
This is to introduce myself. I am Mia. I'm from Canada.
I have some experience with lucid dreaming; I have had lucid dreams off and on throughout my life. After school, and university, my life got very busy with the world of work, and I neglected my dreams and my inner world, and so I gradually started losing my dream recall abilities ( which used to be really good), and of course I lost the ability to be lucid in my dreams. I lost all of this for years. Recently, I have become very interested in Eastern ( mainly Tibetan Buddhism, and Hinduism) belief systems. I have been meditating some ( not a lot), doing yoga ( once a week for about 5 years), and have a desire to try to be more 'present' in life . So now, I have begun having lucid dreams again. Thanks to the internet, I have now just discovered that it is possible to increase the frequency of lucid dreams, and increase clarity and control in them. I never used to discuss these dreams with anyone. For quite awhile, I just assumed everyone had them from time to time, that it was just a normal occurrence in dreaming, and I didn't know there was a name for these types of dreams.
I want to indulge in them again. And now that I know I can, I want to have more of them regularly, and I want more clarity and control. I want to see where this can take me.
So there it is. Glad to have found this place. Thanks to Rebecca for fostering this.
Sincerely,
Mia
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

ArsiNoe

Postby ArsiNoe » 05 Apr 2013 19:01

Hi, I am Michaela, 18 year old, I come from Slovakia (Central Europe)
I had my first LD after 11 days. How did I discover it? I've seen The Inception like someone of you. Then I read something about the film and lucid dreaming was mentioned there. I didn't know it, so I started collected information about it. I had several semi-LD as a child and I was really happy when I read that LD can be taught. I am reading La Berge's book and I've been inspirated to improve LD but this site is helping me a lot too. :) I usually use MILD in the evening or WILD in the early morning. However I am still looking for new methods, which could be more effective. When I will better lucid dreamer, I'd like to try many things which aren't possible in the reality or give some intresting questions to my unconscious. Now I'm just beginner and my level is really low but I hope that I'll improve soon.
Sweet dreams! ;) ( I hope you don't mind my terrible english but I haven't found such a good forum like this in my language)

ruane99

Postby ruane99 » 06 Apr 2013 11:32

Hello,
I heard about Lucid dreaming and decided to give it a go. I then gave up, however I recently wanted to try again. I just wanted to make sure that it is safe to do. I heard that some may get sleep paralysis and I wasn't entirely sure. Is there any advice and tips you can give me to help my achieve my first lucid dream. So far, after two nights, I have recalled 12 dreams, but I still have the feeling that is it really possible to awake in your dreams as mine seem so hazy and so out of my control.

Thank you so much for any help anyone can give me.

JackDaw

Postby JackDaw » 06 Apr 2013 23:25

Hiya

I'm a 23 year old male living in Stockholm Sweden.
I decided to do a 180 on my life so I quit my job, shaved of my beard, started exercising and quit smoking. In all of this I heard about lucid dreaming and what it was so I decided to give that a go as well. I am now on like my third week of lucid dreaming. Still no result but im positive I'll get there eventually.

I can still remember when I was around like 10. I am walking down on a staircase minding my own business when I notice there isn't anything to the sides of me. The staircase seemed to be surrounded by nothingness. Like it was the only thing in existence. I remember thinking to myself "It's just and big empty void.. Hold on.. Am I dreaming?"
I can still remember that feeling so when I first heard about what it was I just had to have another lucid dream.

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 07 Apr 2013 11:10

Even if you are old on the forum, you can present you, new or old you can present you here.

YOU'RE ALL THE WELCOME HERE ;)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”