Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ArsiNoe

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby ArsiNoe » 06 Apr 2013 16:39

Well, today I woke up at 6 am. and I tried FILD. I am not sure if it worked but maybe did, because I had 2 LDs in the morning and I didn't wake up immediately! They didn't last too much - about 3 minutes but it isn't a shame for the beginning. I am going to try it this night again :)

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 07 Apr 2013 00:39

Could you walk me through what you did? like, when you woke up what did you do. i haven't been able to lucid dream yet :( i didn't really try last light cuz i was really tired. But im glad iy worked for you! :P

[ Post made via Android ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Apr 2013 10:13

Sander wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:I havent heard the term "oneironaunt" before :) . I started doing LDing so long ago that I cant really at all remember when I started. I think I was in my 20s? (Im now in my early 40s). I did thou have a break from it for a long time so havent been doing it right throu all those years but rather on and off depending on my interest at the time. (at times Ive been more interested in OBEs and achieving those then LD and while other times Ive just taken breaks from the whole thing).

it's a pretty name for lucid dreamer :P i think the dictionary says something like this: "explorer of the dream world"

so you're a pro.. nice.

Not a pro yet but hope to be one day. I'll call myself a pro when Ive completely mastered all this, got a way to go before that. :)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 09 Apr 2013 00:40

So, do professionals lucid dream whenever they want or is still a game of chance for them. Also, can they last in a lucid dream for very long time?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Apr 2013 08:49

btifuldreamer wrote:So, do professionals lucid dream whenever they want or is still a game of chance for them. Also, can they last in a lucid dream for very long time?

Over the years when doing LD various things have happened.. eg this year I was able to WILD 50% of the time I tried (for several weeks), way back in the past I went throu a couple of weeks or so period where every single dream I had was a LD. So i know its possible to develop things so that one can LD all the time. So no it doesnt have to be just a game of chance.

yes.. with experience one can end up staying in LDs for a long time. I used to have that ability to stay as long as I liked. Even beginners sometimes have a long LD (it all can depend on how deep ones state is when one is LD).

So its just a matter of practice, practice.. until you master it all and the various ways to do things. Im currently working on stabilization from not so deep LD states and also working on getting back into lost LDs.

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 09 Apr 2013 10:00

Awesome ! :P I forgot to mention that last night I used an mp3 hemi-sync tape thing and it helps you relax and it worked! It was the most relaxed I hav ever been. :) the man that narrated it counts to 10 and says "1, relax your head and face muscles, relax, let go, sleep, 2 relax your head and shoulders, relax, let go....." all the way up to 10 and your whole body should be relaxed. I was very relaxed at this point and then he counts to 20 and you should be asleep when he reaches 20. He also keeps your mind awake and aware. I dont know if this is WILD but i felt like I wasnt a part of my body and I was floating. It felt really cool but the problems I face are that when I close my eyes they seem to do a slight spasm and almost open, then when I focus on the sound of the ocean (part of the relaxation process), I really start to focus on the thing that my eyelids make kinda thing, its not really hypnagogic imagery. I didnt LD but I felt very close to it. Both times I did I listened to the tape (last night and this afternoon) I became very hot but it was probably because I had 3 blankets on. So if anyone has any comments or thoughts on this... Im happy to hear them :D
-shane

ArsiNoe

Postby ArsiNoe » 09 Apr 2013 16:07

btifuldreamer wrote:Could you walk me through what you did? like, when you woke up what did you do. i haven't been able to lucid dream yet :( i didn't really try last light cuz i was really tired. But im glad iy worked for you! :P

sorry, I didn't write an answer, becouse I was really busy
I don't know if I'll help you because I did nothing special, I just woke up in the early morning at 5-6 a.m. (I don't remember exactly) and I moved fingers how you described it. While I was doing it, I fell asleep and I had two LDs. The next morning i tried it again and I had one LD but it was too short. I don't know what method helped me, because I used WILD and FILD too. :)

Do you have Free e-Course: 10 Steps to Lucid Dreams http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/subscribe.html ? If not, you should try it. It's free and really helpful for beginners.

When you wake up and you remember dream, which you were just dreaming, try to imagine it. Give yourself some questions: What was strange and not real in my dream? Why didn't I realise that I was dreaming and promise yourself that in the next dream you'll be succesful ...for example: once I had dream about my hamster and he had long blue hair. I woke up and I didn't understand why I thought it was normal. Hamster cannot have blue hair. So I said myself that in the next dream I'll realise it and that morning I had dream about my hamster again and it was LD :)

Sander

Postby Sander » 09 Apr 2013 18:32

taniaaust1 wrote:yes.. with experience one can end up staying in LDs for a long time. I used to have that ability to stay as long as I liked. Even beginners sometimes have a long LD (it all can depend on how deep ones state is when one is LD).

as long as you liked? i thought that was impossible since the duration of your LD depends on the REM phases during sleep?
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 09 Apr 2013 20:44

Hello Sander. You are form which part of Belgium; the french or deutch???????
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Apr 2013 04:08

removing post as it doubled posted
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 10 Apr 2013 04:24, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “For Beginners”