What's in your LD pants pockets?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
taniaaust1

Re: What's in your LD pants pockets?

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Mar 2013 00:11

deepakkumaar97 wrote:I did it (unplanned).
Here is my entry

27th March, 2013 8am
I realized I am dreaming, I was standing somewhere, I don't know at all where, it was very dark, maybe the dream was fading, yes, for a second it was completely dark, I quickly thought to do something which takes very less time, this idea got me, I quickly put both my hands in both the pockets of my pyzama(the one with which I was actually wearing when got to sleep) I was wearing. I took out my left hand(the dream scene was still black or maybe I did not see anything), there was nothing, just my hand, then I took out my right hand, there were two bangles, they were light brown or maybe some other light colour, with no designs I remember.
The below picture gives the size and shape of the bangles.

Just after this, I was almost woke up, so I quickly started rubbing my hands(always helped in previous LDs),but this time I was too late. I woke up in my bed, NO FA.

Maybe the bangles came because the previous night I was looking at some earrings.BTW I am a male and have no such interest at these kind of things.

Before gaining this much Lucidity, I was semi lucid, of which I don't remember much,just this much, I was catching bullets.( half my LDs have had long semi lucids before turning into LDs)

Even in this short LD(30-45 sec), I did two of my LD goals,
1)Pulled out an item from my LD pyzama pocket(totally unplanned)
2)Noted what I was wearing.(Now, when I think about it, the pyzama is very comfortable)
Thank you for your ideas, atleast I did something even in a LD this short.

Congrats at being able to cross off two of your dream goals :D

Do you think this challenge while you were doing it helped to stabilise you more at that time?

I was thinking it may be a good stabilisation thing??? Cause its making a person focus on ones dream body and in an interesting kind of way and really engaging the mind onto the dream. Even someone who cant see in a dream due to lack of stabilisation.. may be able to feel something in a pocket. (of cause its likely to put someone off thou if they found they didnt have a pocket when they went to do it).

Anyway.. Im wondering as it makes one concentrate on a dream more then just rubbing hands to stabilise.. if this challenge has good potentional as a dream stabilisation technique.

Anyone has thoughts on this?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

tea

Postby tea » 29 Mar 2013 10:11

taniaaust1 wrote:Anyway.. Im wondering as it makes one concentrate on a dream more then just rubbing hands to stabilise.. if this challenge has good potentional as a dream stabilisation technique.

yeah, i definitely think that's true!

last night i had a lucid dream and managed to do this challange too, here is my report:

i'm in my home-town with a friend of mine who keeps changing into my brother and back as the scenes pass. i am lucid (it's a WILD dream) but decide to let the dream flow.
suddenly i remember the intentions i set before sleeping: check my pocket!
as i reach down i realize i'm only wearing boxer shorts and a t-shirt but i don't feel ashamed (although i'm in public). i just think: "damn, boxers don't have pockets." but then: "i don't care, these boxers do have pockets!" so i reach down again and bam, pockets. :D
but they are empty.
i even pull them out (you know, flip the pockets or whatever this is called in english^^) - nothing.

later in the dream i suddenly feel a weight inside right the back pocket and i pull out a thick book! :o

and again, a little later, i can feel something in the other one and i find a folded piece of paper with rhyming words written on it (i know it's a scrap sheet of mine). the words i can make out are (translated) "anger" and "courage".

shortly before the dream ends i take a look at the book again to read the title and it says (translated again): "70 2000 your life's gardener"

thanks for the challange, i'll definitely do it again! :D
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 29 Mar 2013 12:49

taniaaust1 wrote:Congrats at being able to cross off two of your dream goals :D

Do you think this challenge while you were doing it helped to stabilise you more at that time?

I was thinking it may be a good stabilisation thing??? Cause its making a person focus on ones dream body and in an interesting kind of way and really engaging the mind onto the dream. Even someone who cant see in a dream due to lack of stabilisation.. may be able to feel something in a pocket. (of cause its likely to put someone off thou if they found they didnt have a pocket when they went to do it).

Anyway.. Im wondering as it makes one concentrate on a dream more then just rubbing hands to stabilise.. if this challenge has good potentional as a dream stabilisation technique.

Yes,it did stabilize a little,I am sure if I had not done this I would have woken up the moment I became Lucid, but that rubbing hands have always helped me. Any stabilizing technique was supposed to fail that time because I knew I was not fighting from getting non lucid but I was fighting to not to wake up, after waking up I saw that circumstances were waking me up.
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Mar 2013 02:55

tea wrote: last night i had a lucid dream and managed to do this challange too, here is my report:

[i]i'm in my home-town with a friend of mine who keeps changing into my brother and back as the scenes pass. i am lucid (it's a WILD dream) but decide to let the dream flow.
suddenly i remember the intentions i set before sleeping: check my pocket!
as i reach down i realize i'm only wearing boxer shorts and a t-shirt but i don't feel ashamed (although i'm in public). i just think: "damn, boxers don't have pockets." but then: "i don't care, these boxers do have pockets!" so i reach down again and bam, pockets. :D
but they are empty.
i even pull them out (you know, flip the pockets or whatever this is called in english^^) - nothing.

Haha empty pockets. Im glad my pockets werent empty when I finally got some jeans on for this challenge, I think I would of started swearing.

Your post is making me go :o .. till now I havent thought about how I could of just manifested some pockets in my clothes when they didnt have pockets there (I dont know why I hadnt thought of that). That may of been far easier then having to go and look for jeans to put on!!

Great to hear that your intent to find something in your pockets may of ended up putting things there thou obviously "empty pockets" is symbolically important for you.

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 04 Apr 2013 13:01

Did it again.

Last night I had a pretty long LD or maybe many short LDs, I know I had fun but unfortunately I don't remember much of it.
Pieces from my entry:
I knew I was dreaming, I rubbed my hands to stabilize the dream but soon I realized that the dream was very well stabilized already, so I decided to try something else to stabilize my dream, I thought of this(once taniaaust1 had asked our opinion if this challenge has good potential as a dream stabilisation technique, so I thought to do this) challenge and put my right hand in my right pocket,(this time also I noticed that I was wearing the same pajamas I was wearing the last time in my LD I noticed my clothes, but this time perhaps it was not my subconscious's choice, I kind of expected that), I took my hand out and I was holding a handkerchief, I thought of trying few more times but was soon distracted by my other exciting things to do at that time.

The same dream, I tried it once more, this time I got money(notes), It was not a single note but quite a few :lol: with different valuesw. The notes were Indian currency(Rupee).
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Apr 2013 23:56

deepakkumaar97 wrote:Did it again.

Last night I had a pretty long LD or maybe many short LDs, I know I had fun but unfortunately I don't remember much of it.

:)

If you are having trouble remembering your LD expeience well, you could try keeping them shorter or waking yourself up to write them down when you get to the point where you really dont want to forget anything (or do both these things). That's what I often do, I'd rather clearly remember my LD then have a long one which Ive forgot parts of and hence dont know what I did.

You could also try using your waking mind more in the dream to try to keep it more awake and aware (lucidity levels can be varying at times in dreams and at the times when we have gone slightly less, these times may be harder to remember) eg doing maths sums can bring your waking self even more into a dream.

I suggest to experiment and find out what works well for you to remember your LD experiences better.

also I noticed that I was wearing the same pajamas I was wearing the last time in my LD

Were you wearing those in real life at the time? I find it interesting you dream of your normal Pjs. I cant remember ever finding myself in my real life clothing in my dreams.. Ive nearly always wearing things I dont have in real life except if Ive just brought some new clothing item I was excited about.

**wondering if Im weird as I never dream about myself in my real life clothes??** or maybe I just havent paid enough attention to my clothing in my LDs to notice that I do wear them at times?

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 05 Apr 2013 11:24

taniaaust1 wrote:Were you wearing those in real life at the time?

Actually this time I was not wearing that but last time I was actually wearing the same pjs in the dream which I was wearing in real life.

taniaaust1 wrote:doing maths sums can bring your waking self even more into a dream.

I plan this for every LD but in the LD I just forget to do this.
Do a reality check

tea

Postby tea » 06 Apr 2013 19:57

hey, deepakkumaar97, do you write your journal in past tense?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 07 Apr 2013 08:23

tea wrote:hey, deepakkumaar97, do you write your journal in past tense?

Actually, I just write the keypoints, to be elaborated later, yes, but I recall in present tense.
I am getting pretty tired of recording all the dreams, so I just write keypoints of my dreams to make a habit of recalling dreams and only elaborate my LDs later.
Do a reality check

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 13 Apr 2013 12:32

Today i remembered for the first time to do this.

I put my hands on my pockets and there is nothing. I try again and there is nothing.
Then, i do some lucid stuff and remember to check it again. This time, i found something, the usual stuff i use in my week days in real life: the public transportation pass on my back pocket and some tissues on my front pocket.

So, nothing new, this time.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”