Elevators as a mean of transportation

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Highlander

Elevators as a mean of transportation

Postby Highlander » 06 Apr 2013 20:15

Have you ever used elevators as a mean of transportation to other locations?
I started using this technique because, for many years, in previous dreams (not lucid ones), when i entered an elevator, i pressed the button to go to a certain floor and the elevator always passed through that floor and led me to strange places. So whenever that happens, now i know it's a dream and i then concentrate on the elevator taking me where I want to go. I do not have much control yet, because i still go to strangle places.
But it's a curious experience. On today's dream, i press the floor number button that i want to go, the elevator passes that floor and about 10 seconds after, it opens the door to an all elaborated scenario. I do it again and it takes the same time to do to another scenario. I don't why this is, but I like to think that, within those 10 seconds, my subconscious is creating a scenario for me to use.

mia

Re: Elevators as a mean of transportation

Postby mia » 07 Apr 2013 01:40

I've never used elevators myself; but it certainly does seem that it is a convenient 'device' for your subconscious to change the dream scenario for you ( and of course, your subconscious is you ).
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 07 Apr 2013 11:06

Me i have one in a normal when i was not lucid. Everytime the elavator was passing the floor i see diferent enviromment, it was more like a cinema, cuz i was standing in the elevator and was watching each enviroment which were passing. If i was lucid, i thing i will stop elevator and visit the environement.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 07 Apr 2013 16:08

Je-Je wrote:Me i have one in a normal when i was not lucid. Everytime the elavator was passing the floor i see diferent enviromment, it was more like a cinema, cuz i was standing in the elevator and was watching each enviroment which were passing. If i was lucid, i thing i will stop elevator and visit the environement.

Cool. I hope you have a lucid dream and try that. That will be interesting.

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 07 Apr 2013 16:20

Highlander wrote:
Cool. I hope you have a lucid dream and try that. That will be interesting.

Thanks man. :D
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Apr 2013 11:42

This does sound like an interesting easy technique if one wants to find themselves in a different scene. I've never tried this so I'll have to give this a go :)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”