Can You Spend Years in a Lucid Dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Je-Je

Can You Spend Years in a Lucid Dream?

Postby Je-Je » 06 Apr 2013 10:12

I have hear that a man have stay 100 years in a dream. :o :shock:

How is that possible to stay 100 years in a dream???

You can put your own supposition down. Write everything that you think about that.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

dreamworld777

Re: Can You Spend Years in a Lucid Dream?

Postby dreamworld777 » 06 Apr 2013 15:25

I don't think that time in dreams is the same as time in reality....there is really no 'time' in dreams.Time is a physical thing of the physical world.Man created time....just as lights and most electronic devices cannot work properly in dreams,I believe that time cannot either.If you ever become lucid in a dream and ask a dream character what time it is,they can almost never tell you the correct answer...and most times will have no idea what you're talking about.We may dream that we are somewhere for days but when we wake up,we only actually slept through the night.I think there's no concept of time in dreams.I once asked a dream character the time and he said,"It's 7R." I then asked him the date and he rambled off some words that made no sense unable to name any actual month that we go by...I had planned to do this when I became lucid in a dream and it was actually pretty amazing to see that it worked and they were completely confused regarding our physical concept of time.
Hope this helped ;)

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 06 Apr 2013 16:05

You can't spend actual years in dreams, but you might be able to stretch your sense of time. I personally wouldn't mess with such things, though, it seems psychologically harmful.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 06 Apr 2013 19:39

DeltaV wrote:You can't spend actual years in dreams, but you might be able to stretch your sense of time. I personally wouldn't mess with such things, though, it seems psychologically harmful.

I actually would try this if I were you. I can't see clearly the harm behind it, because even though you'd stretch the sense of time a lot, you can always wake up whenever you want. If you lose lucidity, the dream will most likely stretch back to its ordinary 'dream-time' that we experience usually when dreaming normally.
In both cases I think there is no psychological harm done, otherwise, feel free to correct me.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

tea

Postby tea » 06 Apr 2013 19:51

rebecca also talks about this right here: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/can-you-spend-years-in-a-lucid-dream.html
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

mia

Postby mia » 06 Apr 2013 22:44

I actually believe nothing at all will ever harm you in your own dreams. You are creating your dream; what fun; it's like your imagination; you can think of anything you want; it's your head; no one else's business.

Carl Jung once had a 'thought' when he was a kid that terrorized him because it was forbidden and disrespectful toward "God'. He suppressed it mightily. Then it broke through one day and he allowed himself to think the thought. Carl Jung regarded this moment as a tremendous breakthrough in his own creative thinking. The realization of how free you really are. All creative thinkers (especially artists) know this.

Remove the watchers from the gates; there are no rules; you are free. Your deepest self will not harm you. Just knowing this, I believe, is important to your ability to be a lucid dreamer.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 07 Apr 2013 08:31

tea wrote:rebecca also talks about this right here: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/can-you-spend-years-in-a-lucid-dream.html

yes i saw the article before posting this forum, cuz i wanted more answers :ugeek:

neverlandjulia

Postby neverlandjulia » 07 Apr 2013 11:22

is it possible to sort of go into LD and experience some action and when you enter LD again, find yourself in the same environment and with the same people, carrying on with whatever you were doing the last time?

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 07 Apr 2013 11:33

neverlandjulia wrote:is it possible to sort of go into LD and experience some action and when you enter LD again, find yourself in the same environment and with the same people, carrying on with whatever you were doing the last time?

I dont know, maybe. :?:

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 07 Apr 2013 13:12

neverlandjulia wrote:is it possible to sort of go into LD and experience some action and when you enter LD again, find yourself in the same environment and with the same people, carrying on with whatever you were doing the last time?

Yes, it is totally possible, and somewhat effortless for some people. It's called DEILD.
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/dream-exit-induced-lucid-dreams.html
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”