Hello Lucid Dreamers!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LucidDreamInfty

Hello Lucid Dreamers!

Postby LucidDreamInfty » 24 Mar 2013 05:51

I just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. My name is Andrew and I am a lucid dreamer. I'd like to give a brief biography of how I came to lucid dreaming.

I discovered LD in college through studying Tibetan Buddhism. The first time I encountered it was in a class called Buddhist Views of Suffering, in a book called Natural Liberation by the venerable Tibetan Guru Padmasambhava, translated by B. Allan Wallace, a wonderful book for those interested in exploring the spiritual side of lucid dreaming. After all, LD was originally a method used by Tibetans for spiritual illumination roughly two thousand years before LaBerge empirically proved LD to be a real phenomenon at Standford's sleep laboratory. (LaBerge, S., Nagel, L., Dement, W. & Zarcone, V. (1981a). Lucid dreaming verified by volitional communication during REM sleep. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 52, 727-732).

I've been practicing LD for about twelve years now and am really interested and focused on 1. establishing the credibility of LD, given it's scientific AND spiritual background 2. exploring how it can be applied to facilitating breakthroughs and discoveries in waking life, throughout the range of human endeavors, from math and science applications to creative and spiritual ones. Take a look at my website for more on this: www.luciddreaminfinity.com.

I am looking forward to contributing and building constructive dialogue on this site, as well as making new friends and getting ideas for ways to continue refining and building my own practice of lucid dreaming.

taniaaust1

Re: Hello Lucid Dreamers!

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Mar 2013 20:02

Hi :D . Welcome. wow... surprised people are learning about LD throu collage but it doesnt surprise me with what you were studying.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 25 Mar 2013 13:43

Great site! Welcome to the forums!
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 26 Mar 2013 12:59

Hello, im Je-Je. Me i discovert Lucid dream by watching the Film Inception :mrgreen: . Now im learning lucid dreaming its been a months.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 26 Mar 2013 19:42

Hello Je-Je! Inception is a really good movie, but you should know the difference between real life lucid dreams and the dreams in this movie. So, don't be pulled by the movie's plot that much, because some facts about lucid dreaming aren't exactly the same in Inception, like being stuck in Limbo for example. That's impossible in real life. You should be good on your own, I'm sure of that. :D
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

crazytoucan4u

Postby crazytoucan4u » 26 Mar 2013 23:52

Hey,
I'm pretty new here too. I've been working on lucid dreaming for a few months and just had some great breakthroughs. Your website looks really great and informative, I look forward to reading what you have to say.

mia

Postby mia » 03 Apr 2013 03:57

Hello Andrew. I'm Mia. I'm also new here, (but not entirely new to lucid dreaming.)
Thank you for the tip on the book by Guru Padmasamblhava; I will try to find it. I also am interested in the spiritual side to Lucid dreaming. I have always experienced lucid dreams off and on, but became first interested in Eastern belief systems in university ( writing a paper on transformation and creativity for an art history course; reading Mircea Eliade, and a publication on shamanism called 'Stones Bones and Skin' were especially fascinating and influential and pointed me towards Buddhist and Hindu belief systems). Since then, time has passed, but now my interest in Eastern belief systems has returned to me, and along with this, I find I have begun lucid dreaming again. Now, I want to get better at it.

So hello. Hope to learn something here.
Sincerely,
Mia
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 07 Apr 2013 11:29

Je-Je wrote:Hello, im Je-Je. Me i discovert Lucid dream by watching the Film Inception :mrgreen: . Now im learning lucid dreaming its been a months.

Now i have got my lucid dreaming. :lol:
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Return to “For Beginners”