My LD last night/trying to use techniques

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
mia

My LD last night/trying to use techniques

Postby mia » 07 Apr 2013 16:38

So I had another LD last night ( my last one was the morning of March 30th). This is my first since joining this forum, and since reading and finding out about LDs ( I always thought they were 'normal' before; so since March 30th, after reading about LDs etc., I've been looking forward to my next dream in the hopes I could increase my control.)
Well, I did not do very well. I think my attempts at applying techniques dissolved my dream. Also, I think my not having a clear enough plan, led to indecisiveness while LDing.

So dreaming along, then I am flying quite fast; and I suddenly realize I am dreaming and become lucid. I feel quite pleased, as I had been really looking forward to my next LD. I look around as I'm flying; (one of my mistakes was, all throughout, I didn't stop the flying; I should have, as flying fast, WHILE trying to have control and to CHANGE some things, turned out to be a mistake and contributed to dissolving the dream). So, I see a beautiful landscape below me; the tops of trees with gorgeous foliage, and dew glistening off of the leaves, like flickering diamonds in the moonlight, as I pass over. Then I think I need to stabilize the dream ( remembering what I had read; but not realizing my 'looking' had already done that). So I call out loudly "stabilize". Then I think "what should I do?" ( yes I'm still flying; foolishly), and I remember I had thought this past week that I'd like to have an LD like a picture of a fairy tale book plate I had seen. In it I would be wearing a yellow silk ball gown. So I say "yellow dress" and look down at myself. No yellow dress. Of course it hasn't occurred to me to stop flying yet. Then I'm sort of blank on what I should try to do next ; can't think of something, and I realize that so many ideas had occurred this past week, and I am too divided; no real direction for my dream; and it also doesn't occur to me to just go with what's happening. Because of this lack of direction, my dream starts to lose clarity; so I call out "Clarity Now"; as I do so, I close my eyes, then open them. As I open them, I awaken. My attempts at control were a fiasco. :cry:
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

tea

Re: My LD last night/trying to use techniques

Postby tea » 08 Apr 2013 08:51

don't worry!
what you're describing is absolutely normal. in fact, many people would die to have a second LD like that.
i think you did pretty well so far!

things you could do to prevent such situations:
- pick out two or three things you want to do in your next LD and think about them while falling asleep (setting dream-intentions)
- speaking of personal experience: it's never good to close your eyes in a dream (especially when stabilizing) since if you think too much about it, you'll probably open your real eyes.

hope this little input helped!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Apr 2013 11:05

Better luck next time...Some find controlling oneself in a dream not easy. It may some practice and yes best to set clear intentions of what you want to do in a LD BEFORE you find yourself in one as it is often harder then and easier to loose the dream while trying to figure out what you want to do.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 08 Apr 2013 12:28

Dont worry, next time you will do better. Wish you good luck mia ;)
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

mia

Postby mia » 08 Apr 2013 14:56

Thanks for the input! I'll know not to close my eyes next time.
I have to go to work this am ( it's now Monday morning); and lost all dream recall the minute the alarm went off this morning. I spent about 10 min struggling to remember, but had to get up and get ready for work. (Real life is a drag sometimes; no wonder people become monks etc.). I didn't LD last night though I'm certain, as I had to start getting my mind in the right frame for work, and it's a big detriment to focusing on dreams! :cry: .
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”