What is your goal in life with lucid dreaming??

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Worldenterer1

Re: What is your goal in life with lucid dreaming??

Postby Worldenterer1 » 08 Apr 2013 04:17

Ryan wrote:
Worldenterer1 wrote:I wish to be fully lucid and dream every night.

That would be truly awesome. :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Unfortunately, I have lost the way. Lack of sleep over the past year has prevented me from remembering dreams, and forgetfulness has made me slip up on the frequency of reality checks. I used to be able to remember 2+ dreams per night and have a lucid dream about once every few weeks. Now, I'm lucky if I remember a dream a week. :cry:
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 08 Apr 2013 04:20

I love travelling to new places and my lucid dreams are just like real places. I never know where I'll end up or who I will meet there, it's such an incredible adventure. And I really really love that special feeling you get knowing that it's a dream, but not completely believing it because all your senses say "no that can't be". So I do it for the adventure and loving to explore new worlds. Of course there are always things that you can learn with any adventure and new place/people you visit.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 08 Apr 2013 04:23

Worldenterer1 wrote:
Ryan wrote:

Unfortunately, I have lost the way. Lack of sleep over the past year has prevented me from remembering dreams, and forgetfulness has made me slip up on the frequency of reality checks. I used to be able to remember 2+ dreams per night and have a lucid dream about once every few weeks. Now, I'm lucky if I remember a dream a week. :cry:

Don't dispare, it will come back. There are a lot reasons why this kind of thing happens (to everyone). I'm also going through a dry spell, very frustrating.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Apr 2013 13:31

Im not really sure what my main goal is for I have many goals with all this.. know thy self, subconscious exploration I have a fascination with and know and master ones abilities is one goal I have (self realisation). Its also challenging and I like a challenge. :D . Fun, a break from reality :D , more creativity :D etc.

There is lots I like about LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 08 Apr 2013 17:22

Me too :D :mrgreen:
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 08 Apr 2013 17:25

lucidinthe sky wrote:I love travelling to new places and my lucid dreams are just like real places. I never know where I'll end up or who I will meet there, it's such an incredible adventure. And I really really love that special feeling you get knowing that it's a dream, but not completely believing it because all your senses say "no that can't be". So I do it for the adventure and loving to explore new worlds. Of course there are always things that you can learn with any adventure and new place/people you visit.

nice one, you gave me some ideas. :P
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 08 Apr 2013 22:31

lucidinthe sky wrote:I love travelling to new places and my lucid dreams are just like real places. I never know where I'll end up or who I will meet there, it's such an incredible adventure. And I really really love that special feeling you get knowing that it's a dream, but not completely believing it because all your senses say "no that can't be". So I do it for the adventure and loving to explore new worlds. Of course there are always things that you can learn with any adventure and new place/people you visit.

That's so awesome. I envy your abilities.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 08 Apr 2013 22:41

Worldenterer1 wrote:

Thanks. It's so amazing that a dream can be a real place just like any other and have physical qualities. That's the part that always takes me by surprise. it always leaves me thinking "How can this be?" Experiencing the drean world as being separate of "you" and the dream world becoming just like the same world you experience in waking life. Truly unbelievable. I think it's just a matter of practice, like anything. Maybe having more life experience helps you create a more real version of "reality" just because you've practiced at longer.

But just becoming lucid has been really more effort than ability I think. I try not to think too much about how much effort and time I have put into the process vs. what I have gotten out of it. I have a success rate of about 1 in 30 or even 50 attempts at this point.

Believe me, I have gotten a lot out of it but the amount of effort and shear will power is exhausting for me. I just had my first LD in two months of working on it almost every night, sometimes for 2 or 3 hours. I was really getting discouraged about it. I'm really hoping it gets easier, but even if not, it's still worth the effort.

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 09 Apr 2013 01:31

lucidinthe sky wrote:
Worldenterer1 wrote:

Thanks. It's so amazing that a dream can be a real place just like any other and have physical qualities. That's the part that always takes me by surprise. it always leaves me thinking "How can this be?" Experiencing the drean world as being separate of "you" and the dream world becoming just like the same world you experience in waking life. Truly unbelievable. I think it's just a matter of practice, like anything. Maybe having more life experience helps you create a more real version of "reality" just because you've practiced at longer.

But just becoming lucid has been really more effort than ability I think. I try not to think too much about how much effort and time I have put into the process vs. what I have gotten out of it. I have a success rate of about 1 in 30 or even 50 attempts at this point.

Believe me, I have gotten a lot out of it but the amount of effort and shear will power is exhausting for me. I just had my first LD in two months of working on it almost every night, sometimes for 2 or 3 hours. I was really getting discouraged about it. I'm really hoping it gets easier, but even if not, it's still worth the effort.

Yeah, I hope I can step up again too.

mia

Postby mia » 09 Apr 2013 02:29

Worldenterer1 wrote:
Ryan wrote:

Well, I lost it too for a long time. Years actually ( yup; the grown up world of work and responsibilities ); I didn't really bother anymore with my dream world; too busy; too much else on my mind most nights. Recently, due to beginning some meditation, and thinking, and reading about eastern belief systems and 'awareness', I began to spontaneously have lucid dreams again. About a week ago, I looked it up on the internet; and realized that you could get even MORE involved with them. So since finding that out, I've had 2 LDs this past week. (I used to have them reasonably regularly some time ago, but they just happened on their own in those days. I didn't actually hope for them, or think about them; other than just really darn enjoying the world of sleep and dreams. I didn't know that LDs were 'unusual' in any way then; I thought everyone had them as just a part of dreaming. In fact I only just asked my husband about them. I didn't realize, all of these years, that he's never experienced a lucid dream. Gosh.) Now I'm hoping my lucid dreaming will increase and be VERY regular. I feel that just giving it your attention and recalling your dreams ( attention to your dream world), is the key. I hope so anyway. I'm very curious as to when my next one will be. Hopefully sooner, not later. This is silly; but I'm thinking reaching retirement age, and leaving the work world behind would be so great; time to dream again! I mean, with this; you could be locked up in prison for years, and it wouldn't be so bad. You know.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Return to “Off-Topic”