Scary LD experience

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lucidinthe sky

Scary LD experience

Postby lucidinthe sky » 06 Apr 2013 19:04

Was watching a long freight train descending through a series of switchbacks above the coast, very intresting watching it appear, then disappear behind hills, then appear again. Suddenly I realized it was a dream and leaped/flew directly toward the train. The whole scene shattered like broken glass with this huge rush of energy, Then the high speed flying sensation came along with all kinds of flashing, pulsating geometric patterns with bright colors, bright lights everywhere. It was super intense, trippy and totally freaky. Woah! Reminded me of the DMT trip reports that I've read. It was frightening and felt like I was going crazy or something, couldn't deal with it and made myself wake up.

Now I'm so mad at myself for blowing a perfectly good opportunity. I was lucid after only 3 hours of sleep and could have had a nice long and deep LD. Oh well, always next time.

I don't know if anyone else on this forum has experienced this, but I've read that people who have this happen in DMT trips will say to the colors and patterns to "let them me go through you." and then they come out on the other side somewhere in a totally different scene. I'm hoping to remember this if it happens again.

Would be interested if any one here has had that experience and could post.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

tea

Re: Scary LD experience

Postby tea » 06 Apr 2013 20:41

not in a dream but yeah, i've seen incredible kaleidoscope-like patterns and shapes on a dmt trip - i've never experienced anything like it before. it was not just the visual aspect but also that indescribable but distinctive feeling of peace and connectedness with the universe.

i gotta say that i'm very happy that we can experience the universal love/energy without any drugs but with such awesome tools as [lucid]dreaming.
for me, understanding the mayan "in lak'ech" really changed my life to the positive.
but i'm drifting off.

you called it "scary" but were you scared? or was it just so very different and unknown?
how did you feel? what were your thoughts?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 06 Apr 2013 21:37

tea wrote:not in a dream but yeah, i've seen incredible kaleidoscope-like patterns and shapes on a dmt trip - i've never experienced anything like it before. it was not just the visual aspect but also that indescribable but distinctive feeling of peace and connectedness with the universe.

i gotta say that i'm very happy that we can experience the universal love/energy without any drugs but with such awesome tools as [lucid]dreaming.
for me, understanding the mayan "in lak'ech" really changed my life to the positive.
but i'm drifting off.

you called it "scary" but were you scared? or was it just so very different and unknown?
how did you feel? what were your thoughts?

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not really sure I was scared, more uncomfortable and disoriented. You have the feeling that everything going on is completely real, yet to actually be fully aware and conscious during the process is difficult for me to manage. So it was more of a discomfort than fear I think. I should be able to work through it, but have to prepare myself better for it. This is mainly an issue in dreams with little sleep beforehand. I find the dreams which occur early in the evening have a really intense and sometimes longer HI phase. When I am able to stay aware, this can include very loud noises, tastes, wild visuals, etc. Everything happens fast. Recently there was a face that looked like that Jared Loughner guy with the big eyes, instantly appearing about an inch away. I couldn't hold on through that one either. Once I pass through that, it's just the dream scene which is a normal place again. I've also read that this also happens with DMT.

What makes DMT different than most hallucinogenic substances is that almost all others alter reality whereas DMT completely replaces reality while leaving your senses and consciousness intact. I do think our minds are capable of pretty amzing trip-like experiences, I already had my share of them LDing. And I've also experienced the universal love energy in both dreams and waking life, although not yet in a lucid dream.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Apr 2013 11:26

lucidinthe sky wrote: all kinds of flashing, pulsating geometric patterns with bright colors, bright lights everywhere. It was super intense, trippy and totally freaky. Woah! Reminded me of the DMT trip reports that I've read.

I don't know if anyone else on this forum has experienced this, but I've read that people who have this happen in DMT trips will say to the colors and patterns to "let them me go through you." and then they come out on the other side somewhere in a totally different scene. I'm hoping to remember this if it happens again.

Would be interested if any one here has had that experience and could post.

I havent had that experience throu LD but have had while doing meditation. My geometric patterns were shifting and like opening up into other geometric forms etc. Ive thought of those as being like activation experiences.

Mediation has brought me all kinds of trippy experiences.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 08 Apr 2013 12:24

lucidinthe sky wrote:Was watching a long freight train descending through a series of switchbacks above the coast, very intresting watching it appear, then disappear behind hills, then appear again. Suddenly I realized it was a dream and leaped/flew directly toward the train.

I love when people tell that. :D

Sorry, i did not make a similar experience, and also i have problem with my dream, i cant even remember any of my dream. :evil:
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”