Do your DCs know you?

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
mia

Re: Do your DCs know you?

Postby mia » 07 Apr 2013 00:16

I think dream characters play many roles: but I think they are all projections from yourself, or aspects of yourself ( after all, the dream is your creation; IN you). They can represent parts of yourself ( eg: a child could represent a vulnerable part of yourself; a mother, or wise woman may represent a part of yourself that nurtures your self etc., or symbolising your need for nurturing.) They can be strangers who you don't recognize, but are symbols for some of your own thoughts ( projections), they can represent your thoughts and feelings in DC form of people you know ( and at the same time you can know who they are, but their form in your dream looks nothing like them); they can be visual representations of your fears, hopes, or desires. I think the same is for animal DCs; they are symbolic projections from your inner self. They can be meaningful; or just representations of some of the jumble left over from your day.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 07 Apr 2013 08:47

When i try to talk to my DC, they ran away, i dont know why. :lol:
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 07 Apr 2013 09:45

Je-Je wrote:When i try to talk to my DC, they ran away, i dont know why. :lol:

This has happened to me too and many other people here.
I also don't know why, but I think the reason might be they(our subconscious) just don't have anything to say, but thinking the other way, how could that be possible.... :?
Do a reality check

mia

Postby mia » 07 Apr 2013 16:09

My DCs will talk to me, and answer my questions etc. I often 'know' who they are but they have a different form ( even my husband will look different in my dreams, but I still know it's him).For example, people at work, or relatives, will often appear in my dreams looking very different, and even having different names, but I know who they are. My pets will appear also, looking different, or sometimes as a different animal form, but I recognize and know them. There are always unknown 'strangers' too though.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Lisecila

Postby Lisecila » 08 Apr 2013 16:10

Interesting thread! Like many others I believe that DCs are parts of our selfs. I know some parts of myself, but there are still some that remain unknown. So in my dreams I know some of my DCs, but others are strangers. :)
My Lucid art and more (both in Norwegian and English) : http://nattkinomaskinisten.blogspot.no/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 Apr 2013 17:07

mia wrote:I often 'know' who they are but they have a different form

I've noticed in many of my lucid dreams, I sense the presence of somebody before I turn to look at them. I knew they were there and who it was before I see them. And if they look a little different than waking life it doesn't matter because I just 'know' it is them. (Even I look different in lucid dream mirrors too.)

I've even sensed a presence, heard a voice speaking to me, turned to see what it was and saw a plant!. But it spoke to me anyway as though it was sentient. The visuals of the DC don't matter as much as just feeling like there was an entity or presence there to begin with.

I also had a LD once in which I was with some people, but they were dumb, zombie, brainless type dream characters and I felt a presence as if there was an entity in the room and it was a small head-like-toy. It didn't speak, but it truly felt like there was a being living inside it. IT was like that inanimate object was more of a DC than the ones that looked like people. And it was just a feeling that it was alive, but an undeniable one.

Weird stuff..........
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 08 Apr 2013 22:40

HAGART wrote:
mia wrote:I often 'know' who they are but they have a different form

I've noticed in many of my lucid dreams, I sense the presence of somebody before I turn to look at them. I knew they were there and who it was before I see them. And if they look a little different than waking life it doesn't matter because I just 'know' it is them. (Even I look different in lucid dream mirrors too.)

I've even sensed a presence, heard a voice speaking to me, turned to see what it was and saw a plant!. But it spoke to me anyway as though it was sentient. The visuals of the DC don't matter as much as just feeling like there was an entity or presence there to begin with.

I also had a LD once in which I was with some people, but they were dumb, zombie, brainless type dream characters and I felt a presence as if there was an entity in the room and it was a small head-like-toy. It didn't speak, but it truly felt like there was a being living inside it. IT was like that inanimate object was more of a DC than the ones that looked like people. And it was just a feeling that it was alive, but an undeniable one.

Weird stuff..........

I always experience a feeling of a sentient being whenever I interact with a DC. This does suggest that there is a difference between this feeling and that of hollow 'shell' DCs. Perhaps the first kind have a deeper meaning or existence
Dreaming is my drug

TheDude

Postby TheDude » 11 Mar 2015 14:32

I have always thought that dreams are a medium in which your subconscious thoughts/feeling were manifested until I reflected on my most recent LD. The first thing I did was have a sit-down with a representation of my subconscious. Unfortunately I don't recall the conversation but I sort of remember the representation. He looked like the mentor for the receiver of memories in the Giver if you've ever seen that movie. But that's besides the point. My experience got me thinking: If your subconscious can take on a form that you can interact with like a DC, then why use a dream to show your inner thoughts/feelings? Not completely sure where I'm going with this but I just thought it good to share my thoughts on the matter.
“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.”
- Walt Disney

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Mar 2015 15:05

dreams are great at showing oneself ones own thoughts and feelings.

Im glad you posted on this thread and I'd forgotten about these LDs and the Josephine thing.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Lonely Tear

Postby Lonely Tear » 03 Sep 2015 11:32

as far as my DC's go, they are fully aware of me when im around and they call me by my nickname - Tear
, well at least the important ones. i have few DC's that are important part of the dream, each with their own names, personality, and more.
on few ocasions when i had nightmares they would sometimes show up, helping me take care of the problem. one of them was my Mentor when i was learning to fly in a dream. and one of them got even angry at me for "weasting my life" and hit me. i woke up soon after and actualy felt the pain of being hit. or at least thats what i think i felt.

yeah, they know me alright ^^
Place that reminds me who i am, what i love...
place with all my hopes and all my fears...
place with all my friends, where i share my tears...
and all i need to do to reach it.. is.. Dream

Return to “Dream Characters”