LD: Tried to teach a DC to fly but he says "no, no, no"

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lucidinthe sky

LD: Tried to teach a DC to fly but he says "no, no, no"

Postby lucidinthe sky » 08 Apr 2013 15:16

I was waiting to get to some destination and was trying to find my 2 bags because I was getting close and would have to get off soon. The “vehicle” I was travelling in was a house and I had arrived there earlier by car and was sure the bags had been with me at that point. I checked and checked every cabinet in the house and couldn’t find them. There were many people there and I thought that someone had stolen them. Then since things seemed to be kind of strange, I did an RC and looked at my hands. I could immediately see that two fingers were just little deformed stubs, reminding me of my first time looking at my hands in a dream. It’s been a while since I’ve seen them in a dream so maybe that’s why they looked that way. After I realize it’s a dream, I am immediately outside and meet an Indian man and ask him “how are you today?” He doesn’t answer. Then I tell him, “What do say we do some flying together? How about that.”
“No, no, I can’t do that. I don’t know how to fly.” I said “Yes, you can do it I try to assure him, grabbing him by the hand. Come on let’s go, I’ll take you." He still insists that he can't do it. I find a long straight stretch in the road and tell him we will use it as a runway to take off. This is how I first learned to fly in dreams, by getting a running start and taking off like a jet. Now it's more like a helocopter. But he is still reluctant and refuses to go along, eventually pulls his hand away from mine. So I decide to go straight up from there. I gain altitude fast and he is watching me from below. I float slowly down the road he is on and he follows. I am fairly high up above him so I am having to yell down at him so he can hear me. I wonder if I am actually yelling in my bed and the thought of that is embarrassing. I keep thinking about that and actually feel my voice getting hoarse from yelling at him. “I’m going to show you how you move through the air and start using my arms like swimming" but it doesn’t work and I am just slowing drifting. Then flip on my back and can feel something beneath me holding me up. I feel it’s texture and imagine it to be like a really big balloon although I can’t see it. It feels like balloon material and is very tight. So I am thinking in the dream what I will write in my dream journal about it. Very cool! Oh and yes, the color must be yellow for some reason. Then I feel myself sinking into this balloon-like surface which has become less firm and more goopy, like it had started melting. It has also become very sticky and now suddenly half my body is submerged in it and I can’t get out. At this point I start panicking and forget that it’s a dream and I can do whatever I want. The panic wakes me up.
Last edited by lucidinthe sky on 08 Apr 2013 23:01, edited 2 times in total.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Je-Je

Re: LD: Tried to teach a DC to fly but he says "no, no, no"

Postby Je-Je » 08 Apr 2013 17:35

And what happen with the indian man???Did he fly???

At the end your lucid dream turn into a lucid nighmarre.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

tea

Postby tea » 08 Apr 2013 20:44

hey, cool report! i really like the idea of teaching a DC how to fly - i'll put it on the list!

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3462

:D
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 08 Apr 2013 22:31

Je-Je wrote:And what happen with the indian man???Did he fly???

At the end your lucid dream turn into a lucid nighmarre.

The Indian man never learned to fly :( , but I really think it was his own damn fault really. He wouldn't even try. He was the usual speechless type of DC, which I found out quickly. But I was determined to get a rise out of him one way or the other. Then I had the idea: maybe he isn't going to talk but how about flying? When I grabbed his hand and said "We're going to fly, come on!" That really got his attention and suddenly he became quite talkative. But it was all "No I can't do it, it won't work" etc. I was a bit worried that I might not be able to get off the ground dragging along all of that extra weight, especially with his attitude of not even being willing to try or believe it was possible. How else are you going to learn?

Yes it did turn into a lucid nightmare, this would be my first.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 08 Apr 2013 23:27

tea wrote:hey, cool report! i really like the idea of teaching a DC how to fly - i'll put it on the list!

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3462

:D

Read your list, quite some interesting ideas there! Only been at for a year, but have done some of them already. Most recently time travel both directions (but not too far). The problem was that no one there even understood what time was or how you measure it :( So I didn't know where I was or when I was either. Hopefully next time I time travel I'll go somewhere that is a little more obvious in terms of the period.

mia

Postby mia » 09 Apr 2013 02:41

Love your thinking of your dream journal; how conscientious of you.
And teaching a DC to fly. Very cool LD.
You seem to have had some great experiences in your LDs. Wow. I sure hope to try some of these things out. Time travel. What a great thing to do in a lucid dream. Hope I can develop these skills.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 09 Apr 2013 19:59

mia wrote: Love your thinking of your dream journal; how conscientious of you.
And teaching a DC to fly. Very cool LD.

In the best LDs, there is a complete separation between "you" and the dream environment, just like when you are awake. And you can have these kinds of thoughts, like "I am here, but my body is in bed now and when I am yelling, will anyone hear me back in that bedroom where my body is?" or "I can't wait to wake up so I can write about this on the forum, no wait a minute, I actually DON'T want to wake up yet!" In one I ran for my computer as soon as I woke up so I could post about the lucid dream. The problem was that it was a false awakening and still in a dream. Couldn't find the laptop and ended up waking up for real.

But this aspect is one of the most incredible things to experience in lucid dreams. Once I was swimming and was actually worried that my arms would be flailing around with my "bed body" while I was in another world that was perfectly real.

mia wrote:You seem to have had some great experiences in your LDs. Wow. I sure hope to try some of these things out. Time travel. What a great thing to do in a lucid dream. Hope I can develop these skills.

It helps to have a very active imagination, but I work on developing that and anyone can. The time travel thing is funny though because there really isn't any time in a dream to begin with, but then there isn't really anything else either. It's all imagined/created. So I ended up asking the DCs what year we were in and they were like "Excuse me. Time? Year? What the heck are you talking about?"

mia

Postby mia » 10 Apr 2013 02:39

Lucidinthe sky, I love the way you describe your experiences, and the way you talk about your lucid dreams. It is all so wonderful and amazing, and so very inspiring. I am learning so much about where lucid dreams can go. I always loved when I had an LD, but I never imagined there were so many possibilities for the most incredible experiences.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 11 Apr 2013 03:04

mia wrote:Lucidinthe sky, I love the way you describe your experiences, and the way you talk about your lucid dreams. It is all so wonderful and amazing, and so very inspiring. I am learning so much about where lucid dreams can go. I always loved when I had an LD, but I never imagined there were so many possibilities for the most incredible experiences.

Thanks. I really try to convey the excitement and how mind-blowing and real the whole experience is. It's hard to find words, but I always want to try harder so people can know what is can be like and know what is possible. I always thought lucid dreams would really amazing after I read about them, but they are so far beyond anything I could have imagined really. Can't wait for the next one!

mia

Postby mia » 11 Apr 2013 04:42

lucidinthe sky wrote:Can't wait for the next one!

Me too!

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”