I'm new but my first lucid experience was age 7

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
kyle8812

I'm new but my first lucid experience was age 7

Postby kyle8812 » 09 Feb 2013 00:02

Hi all. I discovered this website and techniques for lucid dreaming a few days ago and have been really excited to learn you could actually get good at lucid dreaming. I've had lucid dreams sporadically since i was seven. This came about when I had the same dream multiple times about having an abundance of toys. After three of the same dream I realized I was dreaming. Since then I have only used lucidity to escape from my nightmares not knowing I could actually control my dream. Every time I became lucid in non nightmare situations I always woke up. I've been keeping a dream journal for 4 days and today had my first "trained lucid dream" using the techniques on the website. It was short lived and involved me briefly defying gravity but I was happy to achieve lucidity in a short amount of time and *almost* fly. I actually expected to become lucid my first night since I had already done it before but four days went quickly and my dream recall has increased tremendously. Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and I am looking forward to hearing everyone's lucid experiences and be a part of an exciting forum. Best wishes! :)

DreamerMan99

Re: I'm new but my first lucid experience was age 7

Postby DreamerMan99 » 08 Apr 2013 18:46

Welcome!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 Apr 2013 19:31

Hello,

I lucid dream often, but not everyday (in fact it has been about 2 weeks now), so don't be disappointed if you try everything to encourage one and it fails. I don't know anybody who lucid dreams EVERY NIGHT, EVERY DREAM. Lucid dream training can increase your odds and frequency, but don't get discouraged if you go another few days or even 2 weeks like me without one. Just keep enjoying your dreams no matter what they are and lucid ones are sure to come.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 08 Apr 2013 20:23

Your welcome haha :lol: .

Me i have got my very first lucid dream when i was 8 but didnt take care of it. At 15 yo, i watch the film Inception on my laptop and i was telling to myself ''Why cant that be real(i didnt know if lucid dream existe)'', i have pause the film, i went on Internet and type ''peut-on faire des reves controler'', i was soo exicted that dream control exist also in real life maan. I have learn all the method, and got my first LD after a months and a half. And i remember that i have told to myself; ''me, i will get my 1st LD in 1 or 2 weeks, not a months like other'' but i have got my LD more than a months haha :lol:
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

tea

Postby tea » 08 Apr 2013 20:36

hi there! nice background insight, good to have you around! i can't wait for your future posts :D
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Apr 2013 03:34

Hi :) Welcome here. You probably will find it easy if you work on it.

HAGART wrote: I don't know anybody who lucid dreams EVERY NIGHT, EVERY DREAM.

It can be done. I went throu a short stage (cant remember now how long it was.. maybe a couple of weeks of it) where I was.. all my dreams had become lucid ones (and I was having lots of dreams per night). I personally didnt at all like the situation as it make me feel like my brain was getting no rest at all so I worked at stopping LD stuff... it was hard to get out of and took me about a week or so to stop having LDs every dream (scared me actually as I truely thought my brain was never going to get a break from thinking again)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Apr 2013 18:38

Yea, I've had a rash of lucid dreams before too that lasted a few days, but even still it doesn't last forever. And I was getting them so much I was actually getting annoyed. "The whole reason why I went to sleep was because I was tired of thinking," I would say in the dream, "Now I have to start thinking again! Sheesh!" And I ran out of things to do.

I appreciate my non-lucid dreams now because it is a break from thinking and having to be 'me' all the time. And a break from lucid dreams (like anything in life) makes me appreciate them more too. I'm glad I don't lucid dream every dream all the time. It would become so... tiring.

mia

Postby mia » 13 Apr 2013 17:22

Welcome! :)
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Hypnosnail

Postby Hypnosnail » 16 Apr 2013 00:34

taniaaust1 wrote:Hi :) Welcome here. You probably will find it easy if you work on it.

HAGART wrote: I don't know anybody who lucid dreams EVERY NIGHT, EVERY DREAM.

It can be done. I went throu a short stage (cant remember now how long it was.. maybe a couple of weeks of it) where I was.. all my dreams had become lucid ones (and I was having lots of dreams per night). I personally didnt at all like the situation as it make me feel like my brain was getting no rest at all so I worked at stopping LD stuff... it was hard to get out of and took me about a week or so to stop having LDs every dream (scared me actually as I truely thought my brain was never going to get a break from thinking again)

Ditto here. After about 2 years of lucid dreams EVERY night, my brain felt like I was going crazy! Sometimes I just wanted a normal dream. I was never able to stop lucid dreaming, but now I just go along with the dream. Like watching a movie, you know it's fake, but you go with the flow.

It's funny sometimes. I'll be running away from, say, a rabbid dog, and I'll be thinking, "Why am I dreaming about a dog chasing me?"
Lucid Dream using hypnosis: From the Mikandi store, download the Hypnosnail App.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Apr 2013 01:05

haven't seen Hypnosnail before... Ah! You just joined.

I'll use this opportunity to say, HI!

When people lucid dream all the time it become normal and like anything in life it becomes routine and boring. I've been there. Not 2 years! But a few days. I enjoy my non-lucid dreams too just to get a break or vacation from my usual waking self. But too much of that and I want to lucid dream again. I am never satisfied! (just human nature I suppose....)

And oh yea, whenever I grow tired of being lucid I can still just go with the flow...... (But only a few times in life. Not as much as you.)

Return to “For Beginners”