Lucid vs. Real Lucid

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
mia

Re: Lucid vs. Real Lucid

Postby mia » 06 Apr 2013 22:34

Hi there.
My own experience is that if you slow down in your dream when you are lucid, and deliberately LOOK AROUND at where you are; everything begins to crystalize into extreme 'reality'. Once, in a LD, I was running down a cobblestone street, when I stopped and looked all around ( on purpose): everything became clear and sharp, and minutely detailed, even to the grains of sand between the cobblestones, and the warm golden glow of a streetlight reflecting off the damp street. It's my experience that you have to LOOK on purpose. ( Actually, just like in real life; look around the room you are in right now; there are light reflections, shadows, and all sorts of details that we so often neglect to see).
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 07 Apr 2013 05:28

There are definitely different levels of how real Lds are. Fortunately for me, almost all my Lds are the really real kind. It really more like being awake than dreaming when I compare the experience to a regular dream. In a regular non-lucid dream, I evaluate what happened in the dream from what I can remember after waking up, sometimes the memories are fairly clear, other times fuzzy. But in lucid dreams, I am evaluating the dream during the dream, thinking about how real something looks, or deciding to touch something to see how real it feels, then creating a waking-life type memory from the experience. It's so mind-blowing to be awake inside of a dream. Everytime I have one there is this feeling like "no way is this a dream!" that goes through my mind. That is just the best feeling ever. False awakenings are really weird and if you train yourself to always do a reality check when you wake up, you can get through them and just keep going into a new scene wherever you happened to falsly wake up.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Apr 2013 10:09

My LDs are like what lucidinthesky experiences... with the dreams being as real like as reality. The only things which arent is usually the DCs which sometimes seem to be like dumb characters who lack a brain and dont tend to interact with me like real people do.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

crazytoucan4u

Postby crazytoucan4u » 09 Apr 2013 02:15

My own experience is that if you slow down in your dream when you are lucid, and deliberately LOOK AROUND at where you are; everything begins to crystalize into extreme 'reality'.

Yes I agree. Since having this experience and working on lucid dreaming, they have started occurring and I've really started to delve into them when they do happen. When I become lucid now I stop whatever I'm doing, look at my hands, rub them together, touch a wall or something nearby and tell myself out loud that I'm dreaming. This helps immensely and I haven't really had a lucid dream lacking in vividness since. I'm always blown away by how real feeling things seems. With that said though, I still haven't had one quite as real as my first which I suspect is due to the false awakenings.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 09 Apr 2013 05:31

taniaaust1 wrote:My LDs are like what lucidinthesky experiences... with the dreams being as real like as reality. The only things which arent is usually the DCs which sometimes seem to be like dumb characters who lack a brain and dont tend to interact with me like real people do.

Yes, the big problem is the DCs which are basically brainless zombies for the most part (I hope they are reading this). Had one last night that didn't want to talk. We'll see about that I thought. So I tried to drag him along to do some flying and that got him really talkative in a hurry! So you won't talk huh? We're going for a fun little flying lesson, let's see if you have anything to say about that! He made it very clear that he didn't want any part of it.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Apr 2013 08:37

lucidinthe sky wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:My LDs are like what lucidinthesky experiences... with the dreams being as real like as reality. The only things which arent is usually the DCs which sometimes seem to be like dumb characters who lack a brain and dont tend to interact with me like real people do.

Yes, the big problem is the DCs which are basically brainless zombies for the most part (I hope they are reading this). Had one last night that didn't want to talk. We'll see about that I thought. So I tried to drag him along to do some flying and that got him really talkative in a hurry! So you won't talk huh? We're going for a fun little flying lesson, let's see if you have anything to say about that! He made it very clear that he didn't want any part of it.

:lol:

note to myself .. got to try hyjacking a DC
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 09 Apr 2013 17:19

taniaaust1 wrote:
:lol:

note to myself .. got to try hyjacking a DC

Next time, I'm just going to explain to the the DC: "Listen, here's the situation, I'm lost and I don't know where the heck I am or how I got here. You are the only one around here and I need someone to talk to. There are two ways we can do this, the nice way and the other way, what's it gonna be? You're choice.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Apr 2013 18:48

You should sit the DC in a chair under a hot light in an interrogation room, brandish a torture device of your choosing and say, "I got ways to make you talk!" :lol: :twisted:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 09 Apr 2013 22:33

With my luck just as I got him into the chair the door would crash in, then 10 other DCs come through the broken door "We heard there was some kind of problem in here."

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Apr 2013 22:56

True. DC's tend to stick up for one another. Most of the time, when I mess with one they all turn on me together and start fighting. But it only feels like they are poking me, so I just ignore them. So I am not kidding, something like that probably WOULD happen.

Whenever I do something to a DC that I feel is wrong it changes the whole mood of the dream and they react accordingly. Then if I think happy thoughts and hug one and say let's all be friends they go back to normal. I have noticed that if you mess with one, they call upon the others and mess with you! Perhaps a more diplomatic approach is best. 8-)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”