My every time problem

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
deepakkumaar97

My every time problem

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 08 Apr 2013 14:43

So, yesterday night too, I know I had a very long LD, but after waking up, I can't remember most part of it, someone here advised me to wake up after a few moments after experiencing the LD, I know that would work but I do not wanna do that, waking up from a LD.
I also planned to do some mathematics and was told that would help, but I plan it in my real life but forget to do it in the LD, I have planned this for all my LDs but I never did in any of my last 3-4 LDs.
Any advice would be very helpful.
Thank You
Do a reality check

tea

Re: My every time problem

Postby tea » 08 Apr 2013 15:21

i'm very curious for the ideas here since i sometimes too have the same problems when it comes to long lucid dreams.
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 08 Apr 2013 15:29

Odd. I expected LD's to be way easier to remember. I understand that you don't want to wake up, but remembering them is important too. Perhaps wait until the dream shows signs of fading away, that it is about to end.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 08 Apr 2013 17:08

Yeah, me too i have the same problem, i use the MILD method. I said to myself '' tonight i will remember that i must try to drive a car'' sometime it work; ''a man give me a keys and tell me here your car, and then i remember that i must try to drive a car''

But now i do less lucid dreaming, cuz i have problem to remember my dream, it s#ck :evil: and i need help.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Apr 2013 09:25

deepakkumaar97 wrote: I also planned to do some mathematics and was told that would help, but I plan it in my real life but forget to do it in the LD, I have planned this for all my LDs but I never did in any of my last 3-4 LDs.
Any advice would be very helpful.
Thank You

What's happening with you is that thou you are aware you are dreaming, you still havent got "a lot" of waking consciousness yet in your dream.. and hence that is why you are forgetting to do the things you planned in your LD. You may only have 40-80% of your normal waking mind there. With time and more practice.. you may find your normal waking brain working better while you are LD.

You can try practicing in working your brain like how you'd work it in real life by asking yourself questions eg What did I plan to do the next time I was LD? (oh yeah maths!!) You may need to ask questions to yourself, to trigger yourself to get even more waking awareness into your LD and trigger you to then do the things you'd planned. After a while it can become natural to be asking yourself all kinds of questions to pull yourself into a more and more normal waking mind lucid state.

You could also experiment with length of your LDs.. I know you say you dont want to wake yourself up but maybe there is an ideal length to your LDs in which you could wake with better clarity. (thou that may be more so related to length of sleep in real life then length of time experienced in LD).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”