WILD: what to do next?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
DeltaV

WILD: what to do next?

Postby DeltaV » 06 Apr 2013 16:00

A small log of a WILD attempt I just did.

I lay down on my back on bed. I did a relaxation technique, my own variation on the 61-point technique because I couldn't be bothered to look up what every point was. I felt a part of a body, say, a toe, continue with the next toe, then the entire foot, the entire leg, etc.
When I was done, I tried to remove all disruptive thoughts by repeating a mantra ("Smile") in my head. Around this point, my hands felt odd and numb (it felt even weirder because I had put them on top of each other on my belly, my breathing made them move slightly). Hypnagogia kicked in, but I didn't really focus on it, so no pretty images to distract me. I kept track of my breath, breathing in and out every 3 heartbeats (unconciously, perhaps).
I suddenly felt an odd feeling surge through me. It suddenly became harder to breathe. My eyelids also slowly opened up for no reason, this happened before. At this point, I guessed that attempting to continue was futile (though it probably wasn't).

So, after this feeling kicks in (I don't know what it is either), what am I supposed to do? Visualize the dream scene?
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

taniaaust1

Re: WILD: what to do next?

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Apr 2013 12:22

DeltaV wrote:I suddenly felt an odd feeling surge through me. It suddenly became harder to breathe. My eyelids also slowly opened up for no reason, this happened before. At this point, I guessed that attempting to continue was futile (though it probably wasn't).

So, after this feeling kicks in (I don't know what it is either), what am I supposed to do? Visualize the dream scene?

When the feeling has kicked in.. what have you done then? Just decided to go to sleep and done so??? Im wondering as Im wondering at that point if you could of actually entered a dream state unawarely and at this point could be having like a false awakening? (thou of cause you are already awake.. maybe thou you have unawarely entered the dream state but just thinking its your physical eyes opening when it may be in fact your dream eyes opening??) Have you tried doing some reality checking at that point to make sure you arent in fact actually asleep???
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 08 Apr 2013 15:09

I did do a reality check, but no sell. Next time I'll try to keep them shut, perhaps with a sleep mask or something. I don't know what that feeling is, but I'm interested about what hapens afterwards.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 08 Apr 2013 18:02

I have never succeed with the WILD method, but it the most faster way to induce a lucid dream. Of couse, we must do a reality check when we OBE.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Apr 2013 09:48

DeltaV wrote: I suddenly felt an odd feeling surge through me. It suddenly became harder to breathe.

Maybe it was an energy surge? Our bodies are made out of energy! and this can surge when we are doing certain things.. breathing techniques may cause an energy surge or maybe you felt a consciousness shift. I guess with more time and experience you will come to recognise whatever it is.

You can visualize a dream scene after you've felt a shift of some kind happen (or even before).. or you can just stay relaxed and have patience and wait for something to occur.

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 09 Apr 2013 15:01

taniaaust1 wrote:Maybe it was an energy surge? Our bodies are made out of energy! and this can surge when we are doing certain things.. breathing techniques may cause an energy surge or maybe you felt a consciousness shift. I guess with more time and experience you will come to recognise whatever it is.

I thought that it might be REM atonia being set into motion (though I could still move). It might also be caused by hypnagogia.

You can visualize a dream scene after you've felt a shift of some kind happen (or even before).. or you can just stay relaxed and have patience and wait for something to occur.

I'll try to remember this.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 09 Apr 2013 23:41

Something like this used to happen to me. Except, one time when my eyes where "forced open", I heard my mom get in the shower. Which told me it was 6 in the morning. Now that made no sense cuz hours ago I was just awake in the SAME position you described yourself in. So I was awake hours ago..but all the sudden it was 6? And then it hit me! I had fallen asleep but stayed so contious I didn't even realize it. I didn't remember any dreams I had either, so it almost seemed like I time traveled. I thought a half hour had went by, and it had been hours! When my eyes opened, I was waking up from hours of sleep, but it didnt seem like it because I stayed in the exact same position and didnt remember any dreams in the period I slept. So I'm not sure if that's what is happening to you but it may be!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 12 Apr 2013 07:13

LucidLink wrote:Something like this used to happen to me. Except, one time when my eyes where "forced open", I heard my mom get in the shower. Which told me it was 6 in the morning. Now that made no sense cuz hours ago I was just awake in the SAME position you described yourself in. So I was awake hours ago..but all the sudden it was 6? And then it hit me! I had fallen asleep but stayed so contious I didn't even realize it. I didn't remember any dreams I had either, so it almost seemed like I time traveled. I thought a half hour had went by, and it had been hours! When my eyes opened, I was waking up from hours of sleep, but it didnt seem like it because I stayed in the exact same position and didnt remember any dreams in the period I slept. So I'm not sure if that's what is happening to you but it may be!

I haven't noticed any timeskips, that can't be it. I would have woken up in the middle of the night anyway, to record my dreams ;)

One problem might be that I am trying to WILD in the afternoon. Thing is, I never have done such a thing as an afternoon nap, and I don't actually know how to fall asleep! A week or so ago, I couldn't get to sleep because I forgot how to do it :lol:

Also, I couldn't get to sleep today either. I think I almost WILDed in deep sleep (occasionally, I suddenly would feel a sensation and my focus would be completely directed to my mind). It was warm and my thoughts were a mess, which kept me aware. And uncomfortable and sleepy.

Hypnosnail

Postby Hypnosnail » 16 Apr 2013 04:02

That sounds like a type of self hypnosis. What you should do, is before you start it, think about what exactly you want to do in the "dream". Get it set in your mind, that when you enter your new state, you will dream about X. Keep that in mind while you're doing your induction technique. Then, while you dream about X, you can choose to deviate from it.
Lucid Dream using hypnosis: From the Mikandi store, download the Hypnosnail App.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Apr 2013 12:57

I never try to do WILD at times when I know I wont go to sleep (I only do it during day if I know I could go to sleep). Sounds like with your timing you are making things very hard for you.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”