Herbal Treatment for Sleep

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
marry1

Herbal Treatment for Sleep

Postby marry1 » 11 Sep 2012 07:23

Suffering from insomnia can make you feel miserable and health. It can cut into your productivity at work and make you feel washed out and irritable around your family. Prescription sleeping pills can have undesirable side effects and can even be addictive. An herbal treatment may be an effective way to get more sleep. Herbal sleep aids are generally safe as long as package directions are followed.

Valerian

Valerian is probably the most well-known herbal sleep aid. It is used to treat insomnia and reduce anxiety. Valerian rhizomes and roots are used to make capsules, liquid extracts and teas. Valerian is considered safe to use for the short-term treatment of insomnia. It can cause mild side effects, such as headache and tiredness the morning after use. Valerian is frequently combined with other herbs that aid in relaxation and sleep. For example, the herbal preparation Sound Sleep by Gaia Herbs contains valerian root, passionflower vine, kava kava root, California poppy, skullcap and hops.

Lavender

Apply lavender-scented oil to the skin or inhale its flowery scent to help relax before bedtime. Lavender is a popular essential oil used in aromatherapy for the purpose of relaxation. It is also added to lotions and carrier oils for use on the skin. This oil must not be taken orally, but lavender can be taken internally by drinking tea made from its dried flowers. It is also available in liquid tincture form.

Hops

Take an herbal formulation that contains hops to help you fall asleep faster. Hops can be taken alone, but it is commonly used in combination with other herbal sleep aides, such as German chamomile and valerian root. This herb can be consumed as a supplement or dried herb or in tea. If you do not have the dried herb, open capsules into a cup of hot water to make tea, although the taste might be bitter. Hops is a light sedative, which will help you drift to sleep quickly and will not leave you drowsy in the morning.

Passionflower

Ease your anxiety and relax into slumber with passionflower. This herb works well as a sleep aid because it has a calming effect upon your anxiety and is also a light sedative. Passionflower is an herb that grows in the southeastern United States. The herb can be harvested in the wild and dried for use in tea by steeping 1 tbsp. dried passionflower into 1 cup water and drinking it at bedtime. Passionflower is also available in tincture and capsule form.
You can check the hotel details in: http://list-of-hotels.com , and find more atrractions of there from http://attractions.bz .

ellaerd

Re: Herbal Treatment for Sleep

Postby ellaerd » 09 Apr 2013 17:09

Valerian and hops are an amazing combination for sleep! I don't seem to recall any of my dreams when I use these, not sure if it is a coincidence or not.
Ella

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Apr 2013 10:17

Good sleep habits are extremely important too eg dont play on computer 2 hrs before sleep or watch anything stimulating on the TV.

I found that my electric blanket.. trying to sleep with it on.. also was adding to my insomina issue. (I must be sensitive to its EMF but wasnt aware of it till I stopped trying to sleep with it on. It was affecting my ability to get to sleep quite a bit).

Some, myself included can be affected by things like clock radio displays etc.. so make sure you dont have a DVD or a clock radio lighting up the room very slightly which is affecting your sleep.

Go to bed same time each night.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

sebarebeca

Postby sebarebeca » 02 Mar 2015 01:51

Hydrotherapy is also effective in treatment of insomnia. Application of hot packs to the spine before retiring, hot fomentation to the spine, hot foot bath or an alternate hot and cold foot bath at bedtime are all time-tested methods, read more about Insomnia Cures: http://www.99healthyrecipes.com/insomnia-cures/

KethSuzane

Postby KethSuzane » 14 Apr 2015 19:39

In the event that rest has dove to the base of your schedule, you're not the only one. In spite of the fact that the National Sleep Foundation prescribes getting seven to nine hours of sleep at night, the normal American logs just six hours and 40 minutes.
Here are some natural ailments which is helpful for you:
Magnesium and calcium a sleep booster, it is more effective when taken togather.
hops
Aromatherapy
Melatonin
These are the most effective substances for treating sleep.
Samsung 4k TV --->4k.com/tv

Alexandra Alexa

Postby Alexandra Alexa » 18 May 2016 13:37

I must be sensitive to its EMF but was not aware of it till I stopped trying to sleep with it on. It was affecting my ability to get to sleep quite a bit.
http://dormicumonline.org

KendalAnn

Postby KendalAnn » 20 May 2016 11:41

Before you hurry to the drugstore to purchase an over-the-counter (OTC) rest pharmaceutical, attempt one of the accompanying characteristic rest cures. A number of these can not just help you nod off and stay unconscious, however they may likewise advance muscle unwinding.

http://www.buyativanonlinenow.net

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 24 May 2016 00:39

Forget pills. Smoke weed, laugh your head off, and then sleep. :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Sleep Disorders”