Lucid vs. Real Lucid

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
mia

Re: Lucid vs. Real Lucid

Postby mia » 10 Apr 2013 01:42

Jeeze you guys.
I've always sort of LIKED my DCs ( when lucid, and when not lucid). Usually they are fairly nice and civil, and they always talk to me if I talk to them. Of course, at times there are crowds etc and they are sort of just in the dream. Once, a DC's child laughed at my hat ( I was wearing a hat with a fork stuck into it; don't ask), but the DC reprimanded the child about being polite. I did remove the hat; as it was silly. ( I guess I have a belief that DCs are aspects of myself, so I usually feel kindly toward them, in whatever form they may take. )
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Apr 2013 02:02

mia wrote:I guess I have a belief that DCs are aspects of myself, so I usually feel kindly toward them

I agree and that is why they fight back if provoked and are nice when you are kind. They react to your own emotions. I like to try everything in lucid dreams even if it is 'uncivil' and just experiment. No harm done if I act like an A-hole in a dream, and I actually learn what works and what doesn't and come up with theories why. It's all a part of exploring lucid dreams for me. And I have since learned that being kind is always the best route through trial and error.

And everyone needs their own trial and error so I say, go ahead and 'hijack' one and see what happens for yourself.
Last edited by HAGART on 10 Apr 2013 02:26, edited 1 time in total.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 10 Apr 2013 02:06

mia wrote:Jeeze you guys.
I've always sort of LIKED my DCs ( when lucid, and when not lucid). Usually they are fairly nice and civil, and they always talk to me if I talk to them. Of course, at times there are crowds etc and they are sort of just in the dream. Once, a DC's child laughed at my hat ( I was wearing a hat with a fork stuck into it; don't ask), but the DC reprimanded the child about being polite. I did remove the hat; as it was silly. ( I guess I have a belief that DCs are aspects of myself, so I usually feel kindly toward them, in whatever form they may take. )

I agree, in general I am very polite with DCs and treat them with the utmost respect, never insult them and don't say anything I wouldn't say to someone in waking life. I know they are not "real" people, but the main reason is that I don't want to do anything that would risk messing up the dream and want to keep things as real as possible, which is the main reason I love lucid dreams. Everything seems so real anyway, I really have a hard time believing that things aren't real in my LDS so it's hard for me to act differently than I do in waking life.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

mia

Postby mia » 10 Apr 2013 02:44

Mind you; not that there's anything wrong with experimenting in any way the dreamer sees fit. Each to their own. So I think Hagart is right. After all; the freedom of lucid dreaming; there's nothing like it!
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

rebotco97

Postby rebotco97 » 11 Apr 2013 05:48

I know exactly what you're talking about. Those half-way-there dreams are very discouraging. Having a lucid dream is waking up in your dream, therefore waking up in a dream is no different from waking up in real life. When you wake up in bed in the morning, do you always get up immediately? I wouldn't think so. Sometimes you might even feel so tired or lazy that you fall back asleep. That's exactly what happens in a lucid dream. You may wake up in your dream, but you may not immediately "get out of bed" in your dream and you may even fall back asleep. The difference is that in real life, you have unlimited time to lay in bed or to fall back asleep. You're not gonna run out of time to wake in real life. With dreams however, once you get the chance to wake up, you have to take it. They last from 15 minutes to an hour so you have to be ready to jump out of bed. The great thing about the dream world is that it has an exact counterpart. Waking life. Waking life presents all of the same obstacles as the dream world does. When reflecting on yourself, there's absolutely no difference between the two. You wake up, you drag yourself out of bed, and take control of your day. You decide what you want to do. So practice just getting up out of bed immediately in the morning. Soon it won't matter whether you're tired or not, because you will have the habit of jumping out of bed right when you wake up. Fully waking up in a dream is just as important as realizing your dreaming. There's no point to waking up if you don't plan on getting out of bed.

Hypnosnail

Postby Hypnosnail » 16 Apr 2013 00:43

Like others have said, it's all about how much focus you put into your dream.

I've used my lucid dreams to help me solve a problem with a program. Twice now, I've gotten so focused on solving a programming problem, that in the dream, I had no body, no sight, no hearing, nothing. Just the problem in my head.

I don't suggest ever doing that though. Woke up from my complete dream sensory deprevation with the light from the clock blinding me, the noise of my breathing deafening, the blanket hot and heavy. The dream was fine, but waking up was HORRIBLE! (Got my code fixed though)
Lucid Dream using hypnosis: From the Mikandi store, download the Hypnosnail App.

mia

Postby mia » 16 Apr 2013 01:08

rebotco97 wrote:The difference is that in real life, you have unlimited time to lay in bed or to fall back asleep. You're not gonna run out of time to wake in real life.

Well, let me just say: lucky you. ;)

crazytoucan4u

Postby crazytoucan4u » 20 Apr 2013 04:03

You may wake up in your dream, but you may not immediately "get out of bed" in your dream and you may even fall back asleep.

That's a great way of putting it. Now that I'm starting to have lucid dreams they are more consistently becoming more vivid as I'm able to recognize them and stabilize them. I find that feeling things with my hands is the most realistic sensation so far. But yes, still often difficult to wake up completely.

Return to “For Beginners”