If you believe in afterlife, what do you think it will be?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Summerlander

Re: If you believe in afterlife, what do you think it will b

Postby Summerlander » 08 Apr 2013 02:46

Jack Reacher wrote:Soil falling over your head.

Sure thing. I'm going in the furnace. LOL!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 08 Apr 2013 04:57

mia wrote:Well Ryan, I looked up Tom Campbell. An unusual physicist with fascinating ideas on physics and metaphysics, and the nature of reality.
I bookmarked a site that discusses 'gems' ( quotations) from his "My Big Toe' presentation. Will take some time to read through it all and think about it.
An excellent referral. Thank you.

I think he has some interesting ideas and I think his concept as physical reality as simulation/virtual reality for improvement purposes is right on. I had just pretty much came to the same conclusion myself right before listening to some of his talks. Certainly gives you a lot to think about. It also makes sense that when we leave here it will seem like a dream and the memories will fade, although I think every experience that anyone has experienced is stored on some sort of media and can be accessed like a big database. The idea of consciousness as a whole being like a gigantic computer is also very interesting.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

mia

Postby mia » 08 Apr 2013 05:09

Yes. Of course, all explanations (like a computer simulation) can only ever be a metaphor.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Apr 2013 13:37

I believe our own thoughts will create our afterlife for a time so it will be just like whatever we are thinking it will be or if we dont know we are dead.. it will be the same as here for quite a while while we keep playing out the "earth dream".
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 09 Apr 2013 19:00

taniaaust1 wrote:I believe our own thoughts will create our afterlife for a time so it will be just like whatever we are thinking it will be or if we dont know we are dead.. it will be the same as here for quite a while while we keep playing out the "earth dream".

I agree with this, except I have bit more of an idea about it. I believe when we lucid dream/astral project we travel to another dimension known as the 4th dimension. This 4th dimension intertwines with ours and is very similar, except its not limited by physical reality. Its purely thought based, so we literaly create our reality in the 4th dimension through thoughts. So now I believe when die, we leave our body behind and go live in the 4th dimension. Which also means good people create a good reality in the 4th dimension, and bad people create a bad reality. So thats why bad people have bad after lives and good people have good afterlives. I also believe on a different note, just as we create our reality in the 4th dimension, we can create it here in physical reality as well, its just a little harder cause well we are limited by physical reality :lol:

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 10 Apr 2013 03:39

I believe that when we die our thoughts transpose into a sort of abstract subspace created by an infinite osciliation of contradicting axioms, which flux in and out of existence in rapid sucession, thus creating an afterlife of energy and sporadic patterns that constitute our soul.
Last edited by Jack Reacher on 10 Apr 2013 05:18, edited 1 time in total.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 10 Apr 2013 04:59

Jack Reacher wrote:I believe that when we die ous thoughts transpose into a sort of abstract subspace created by an infinite osciliation of contradicting axioms, which flux in and out of existence in rapid sucession, thus creating an afterlife of energy and sporadic patterns that constitute our soul.

Please don't post this kind of nonsense when you clearly admitted you had no belief or interest in the topic earlier. The title of the thread is clear that is a discussion thread for those who believe in an afterlife. It's obvious you are only here to antagonize and disrupt a discussion between interested parties. I've reported this post and ask everyone reading your post to ignore it, like we have with your last post on this thread which also has no place here.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 10 Apr 2013 05:18

Wow chillout man, I never said I had no interest in the subject and im just showing one of my many furry beliefs on the idea of an afterlife.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 10 Apr 2013 05:33

Jack Reacher wrote:Soil falling over your head.

Your non-belief in the afterlife is clear from this post. That's fine if you don't believe in it, but I made it very clear that this is a thread for those who believe in an afterlife and wish to discuss it. That's what is happening here. Please don't try to disrupt a conversation between interested adults or start a debate.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 10 Apr 2013 05:49

LucidLink wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:I believe our own thoughts will create our afterlife for a time so it will be just like whatever we are thinking it will be or if we dont know we are dead.. it will be the same as here for quite a while while we keep playing out the "earth dream".

I agree with this, except I have bit more of an idea about it. I believe when we lucid dream/astral project we travel to another dimension known as the 4th dimension. This 4th dimension intertwines with ours and is very similar, except its not limited by physical reality. Its purely thought based, so we literaly create our reality in the 4th dimension through thoughts. So now I believe when die, we leave our body behind and go live in the 4th dimension. Which also means good people create a good reality in the 4th dimension, and bad people create a bad reality. So thats why bad people have bad after lives and good people have good afterlives. I also believe on a different note, just as we create our reality in the 4th dimension, we can create it here in physical reality as well, its just a little harder cause well we are limited by physical reality :lol:

I think you are pretty much right on and for the most part agree with you. I definitely think we will be creating whatever reality we experience in the aftrelife and that is part of what we are working on in this life. If all you create in this life is negativity, that's all that you will be capable of creating in the next life. I'm also thinking that this is the place we have to do our changing and in the afterlife we are kind of stuck with wherever we ended up after this life.
Last edited by lucidinthe sky on 10 Apr 2013 05:55, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off-Topic”