"Kitchen Sink" approach to lucid dreaming

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
lucidinthe sky

"Kitchen Sink" approach to lucid dreaming

Postby lucidinthe sky » 09 Apr 2013 01:42

I threw in everything except the kitchen sink last night trying to lucid dream. First I started with WILD, MILD and finally had a DILD with a WTBD thrown in somewhere in the middle just for good measure. I wanted, begged, demanded, visualized, fantasized, prayed, you name it. Just give me the DAMN thing!

And FINALLY.... a lucid dream! So my advice: just do every technique and then some. Oh and this works too: say to yourself right before going to sleep "from now on EVERYTHING will be a dream" :)
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Je-Je

Re: "Kitchen Sink" approach to lucid dreaming

Postby Je-Je » 09 Apr 2013 06:59

What is the DILD method already?? I have forgetten. :)
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

mia

Postby mia » 09 Apr 2013 15:50

Wonderful!
(I REALLY want my next one too.)
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 09 Apr 2013 23:33

You know what really does it? Your will and determination. All those techniques help, but in the end what really gives us lucid dreams is our determination confidence and will. I really want a lucid dream every night, I think about it many times during the day, I read about it, and I know I will have one, and then I have them every night. I do no techniques. I just have them every night because I know I will and I want them badly enough. Some few nights when I don't want them bad enough, I don't have them but then the next night I really want one and I have it. So just be confident and want it:)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

mia

Postby mia » 10 Apr 2013 00:26

Glad to hear that. I need to start believing I'll have one every night; I'd like one every night alright.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 10 Apr 2013 05:18

LucidLink wrote:You know what really does it? Your will and determination. All those techniques help, but in the end what really gives us lucid dreams is our determination confidence and will. I really want a lucid dream every night, I think about it many times during the day, I read about it, and I know I will have one, and then I have them every night. I do no techniques. I just have them every night because I know I will and I want them badly enough. Some few nights when I don't want them bad enough, I don't have them but then the next night I really want one and I have it. So just be confident and want it:)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

This is 100% true. It's all about will, determination, belief that it will happen, etc. The techniques help, but it's really an exercise in shear will. With only a few rare exceptions, I have to want it really badly before they happen. After I have one, I can't help but slack off, even if just a little. Then they don't happen again until I get that absolute resolved, focused desire. There is nothing I have ever done in my life that has required that level.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

nathansuchy

Postby nathansuchy » 08 May 2013 02:05

lucidinthe sky wrote:I threw in everything except the kitchen sink last night trying to lucid dream. First I started with WILD, MILD and finally had a DILD with a WTBD thrown in somewhere in the middle just for good measure. I wanted, begged, demanded, visualized, fantasized, prayed, you name it. Just give me the DAMN thing!

And FINALLY.... a lucid dream! So my advice: just do every technique and then some. Oh and this works too: say to yourself right before going to sleep "from now on EVERYTHING will be a dream" :)

That is awesome been trying to have my first for five days now. Am going to try your method mixxed with other methods :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
--
Nathan
Please don't ask me questions over PM instead ask me publicly so they can benefit the entire community :-)

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”