If you believe in afterlife, what do you think it will be?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
lucidinthe sky

Re: If you believe in afterlife, what do you think it will b

Postby lucidinthe sky » 10 Apr 2013 05:53

taniaaust1 wrote:I believe our own thoughts will create our afterlife for a time so it will be just like whatever we are thinking it will be or if we dont know we are dead.. it will be the same as here for quite a while while we keep playing out the "earth dream".

Interesting idea. I kind of think of things here as being like a mutual dream. I think when we dream this is more like our original state of non-physical consciousness that we had before we came here and we will return to that full time after this life.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 10 Apr 2013 06:43

lucidinthe sky wrote:
Jack Reacher wrote:Soil falling over your head.

Your non-belief in the afterlife is clear from this post. That's fine if you don't believe in it, but I made it very clear that this is a thread for those who believe in an afterlife and wish to discuss it. That's what is happening here. Please don't try to disrupt a conversation between interested adults or start a debate.

Well yeah that was just one of my outlooks on the afterlife of a physical body. Frankly im a little confused on what you mean by afterlife anyway, do you mean life after death or something? If you define death as the end of life, then afterlife doesn't really make sense at all. What exactly do you mean by afterlife?
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Apr 2013 10:24

Jack Reacher wrote:
lucidinthe sky wrote:
Jack Reacher wrote:Soil falling over your head.

Your non-belief in the afterlife is clear from this post. That's fine if you don't believe in it, but I made it very clear that this is a thread for those who believe in an afterlife and wish to discuss it. That's what is happening here. Please don't try to disrupt a conversation between interested adults or start a debate.

Well yeah that was just one of my outlooks on the afterlife of a physical body. Frankly im a little confused on what you mean by afterlife anyway, do you mean life after death or something? If you define death as the end of life, then afterlife doesn't really make sense at all. What exactly do you mean by afterlife?

I know your post wasnt directed at me but to clear up your confusion.
Afterlife = the existance of yourself in some way AFTER physical death.
Death= the ending of physical life.

If the term afterlife is making no sense to you, it is then obvious you have no belief in it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 10 Apr 2013 14:51

lucidinthe sky wrote:
LucidLink wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:I believe our own thoughts will create our afterlife for a time so it will be just like whatever we are thinking it will be or if we dont know we are dead.. it will be the same as here for quite a while while we keep playing out the "earth dream".

I agree with this, except I have bit more of an idea about it. I believe when we lucid dream/astral project we travel to another dimension known as the 4th dimension. This 4th dimension intertwines with ours and is very similar, except its not limited by physical reality. Its purely thought based, so we literaly create our reality in the 4th dimension through thoughts. So now I believe when die, we leave our body behind and go live in the 4th dimension. Which also means good people create a good reality in the 4th dimension, and bad people create a bad reality. So thats why bad people have bad after lives and good people have good afterlives. I also believe on a different note, just as we create our reality in the 4th dimension, we can create it here in physical reality as well, its just a little harder cause well we are limited by physical reality :lol:

I think you are pretty much right on and for the most part agree with you. I definitely think we will be creating whatever reality we experience in the aftrelife and that is part of what we are working on in this life. If all you create in this life is negativity, that's all that you will be capable of creating in the next life. I'm also thinking that this is the place we have to do our changing and in the afterlife we are kind of stuck with wherever we ended up after this life.

I also agree :) this is no doubt where we must make the change! I also personally believe though, eventually we will leave the 4th dimension and reincarnate into a fetus 48 days after it is concepted and eventually be born into a new life. Which means if we messed up bad the last life, and payed for it in the afterlife, then soon we will have a new life to do better. Because I believe we simpily live these physical lives as the ultimate test, it seems compeltely real. And every life is another test we pass, Intill eventually we learn what we need from the physical bodies, then we move beyond life in a physical body into somthing amazing and hard to imagine from a physical bodie's point of view! I also believe by learning to lucid dream, and going deep into it, we experience the 4th dimension or "after life" enough that when we do finally die, we understand exactly where to go and what to do, so we don't have reincarnate into another physical life if we don't want to. But this is all my opinion:)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Last edited by LucidLink on 10 Apr 2013 16:09, edited 1 time in total.

mia

Postby mia » 10 Apr 2013 15:16

Well... I was just reading a book on quantum physics called 'The Universe Within' and Jack's 'furry' contribution could be an approximation of some of the content related to reality, although Jack's version is a tad mischievous I think. :)
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 10 Apr 2013 16:56

mia wrote:Well... I was just reading a book on quantum physics called 'The Universe Within' and Jack's 'furry' contribution could be an approximation of some of the content related to reality, although Jack's version is a tad mischievous I think. :)

I've always been fascinated by quantum physics, in particular light. Light has very interesting properties. I believe that our consciousness is made of light energy and as such would share those properties. For example, we see light travelling through space and can measure its speed, but from the perspective of the light there is no time or space. So if we only exist in the afterlife as conscious non-physical entities and light, then we wouldn't experience time or space either. If you could travel at the speed of light, you wouldn't age or decay, basically stay the same. Of course it's all speculation, but definitely food for thought .
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 10 Apr 2013 17:23

lucidinthe sky wrote:
mia wrote:Well... I was just reading a book on quantum physics called 'The Universe Within' and Jack's 'furry' contribution could be an approximation of some of the content related to reality, although Jack's version is a tad mischievous I think. :)

I've always been fascinated by quantum physics, in particular light. Light has very interesting properties. I believe that our consciousness is made of light energy and as such would share those properties. For example, we see light travelling through space and can measure its speed, but from the perspective of the light there is no time or space. So if we only exist in the afterlife as conscious non-physical entities and light, then we wouldn't experience time or space either. If you could travel at the speed of light, you wouldn't age or decay, basically stay the same. Of course it's all speculation, but definitely food for thought .

I completely agree in a bit more right brained way :) I believe we are beings of light that just inhabit physical bodies for now. A good example of this, is when you think about the 7 main chakaras we have. They go from bottom to top as red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, purple. Now think of a prism, and what happens when you shine light at a prism, those 7 colors reflect out. So now think of how we are beings of light, if we where shined through a prism we would reflect out the same way, because of our chakaras!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Apr 2013 10:27

I know Ive mentioned this book once before on this site but seeing Quantum Physics has just come up in this thread and I really like this book.. I'll mention it again.

If Quantum physics interests you.. a book I really enjoyed reading is "The Yoga of Time Travel, How the Mind can Defeat Time" by Fred Alan Wolf (author of award winning book "Taking the Quantum Leap".. which I havent read yet)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Apr 2013 02:03

Let me just correct you there, lucidinthe sky, so we don't get the science wrong here as it could be detrimental to this discourse. Luckily enough I'm somewhat of a quantum physics connoisseur, hehe...

Light, despite being massless (the Higgs field does not "treacle" around it) is still made of physical units called photons.

Photons in great abundance and concentration can still produce noticeable effects on our macro level of reality - one of the most famous of such effects is photosynthesis (my nine-year-old son just reminded me of this by recounting a science experiment that was conducted at school! LOL!)

So, light, as a physical constituent of reality and thus part of the physical realm cannot equate with a hypothetical non-physicality as is implied in the belief-centricity of the spiritualist afterlife. Since spirits or discarnate beings have not been scientifically demonstrated to exist, I cannot openly adhere to such views. One may be open but not to the point where your brains fall out...

However, besides expressing great admiration for Reacher's latest hypothetical conception (it is not nonsense at all if you take the time to really think about it), I would like to share my own which includes the revival of an individual awareness, such as rebirth, but not in the sense of reincarnation by a spiritual being...

For your individual awareness and sense of self to be brought back into being, the universewould have to stumble upon the same coordinates in space, according to physical laws, that would permit this. In this vein, you'd be brought back into being if the universe reproduces the energetic configuration that identifies with being you.

But even this seems improbable and refutable to me (amazing that I can have such ideas and criticise them at the same time!). Evolution seems to go against retrograde mutations. The humans of tomorrow will always be different. Unless, of course, a scenario like the one in the film AI presents itself and we are brought back by highly-advanced conscious machines (if not conscious then semblances of consciousness that managed to pass the Turing test) interested or seeking information on human history and genetics.

If this happens before the Earth's destruction or the demise of our solar system then maybe there is a slim chance of a conscious return. But highly unlikely. The universe is constantly changing and still expanding faster and faster... :shock: :shock:

And no, we won't return in another universe. We are part of this one and our being is compatible with its energy levels and constants. Mr Thomas Campbell found hoof prints on the ground made by horses that died and never fossilised and expects everyone to be open-minded about the idea that unicorns made them. :mrgreen:

Anyway, to me that would be a possibly viable "afterlife", without a hint of the preternatural, but is by no means a belief - just an idea floating around in my head. By the way, when it comes to quantum theory beware of pseudoscientists out there. Take heed of the experts, especially those who worked at CERN and other renowned ones who luckily for us have a propensity for writing about what they are excited about and their work. Much to be said about the Higgs boson but what is available and legit opens visionary doors for new and amazing technology. :)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

mia

Postby mia » 12 Apr 2013 03:03

I know when to step out of this Summerlander. But, you might enjoy reading Neil Turok's 'What Banged' regarding the Hot Big Bang Theory ( he's the director of the Perimeter Institute for theoretical physics ).

And on the topic of light:

Since light travels at a fixed speed, the farther out we look, the younger the objects we witness. The moon, for example, is a light second away, meaning that we see it as it was a second ago. Likewise we see the sun as it was eight minutes ago, and Jupiter as it was forty minutes ago. The nearest stars are ten light years beyond the solar system, and we see them as they were a decade ago. The Andromeda Galaxy, one of our nearest galaxy neighbours, is two million light years away, so we are seeing it as it was before our species appeared on Earth. Pretty cool don't you think. :) Kinda makes you want to question our perceptions, and what we think we know, doesn't it?
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Return to “Off-Topic”