Hope someone can help me on this one...

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
dreamworld777

Hope someone can help me on this one...

Postby dreamworld777 » 04 Apr 2013 15:32

I'm looking for any interpretations that anyone may have on this dream that I had.....
This is the dream....
I'm in my kitchen with my daughter.I go into the fridge to take out a dozen eggs (I guess we were going to cook something)...When I reach in and take the eggs out,I open the top of the carton and mostly all the eggs have cracked on the top and there are little chicks popping their heads out as if they just hatched from these eggs.Some are yellow chicks and some are black and white...they're tiny but furry and so cute.I tell my daughter that these eggs hatched into chicks because we must have left them in the fridge too long and we begin petting the chicks....then I wake up......??????....no idea what in the world this dream is about.Strange thing is that I had no recollection of this dream at all until my daughters friend came over that day and was telling me that she is doing a project at school where they are hatching chicks from eggs....I instantly remembered the dream completely...now all through the rest of this day it seemed as though everywhere I went someone would somehow bring up baby chicks in a conversation..maybe because Easter just past,no idea...and I continued to see little chicks on the TV and on the internet...ALL DAY LONG!!!!! Now this may be sheer coincidence but it just seemed to me that every time I would lose focus on that dream,I would be quickly reminded by seeing these little chicks in random places (TV etc...) or someone would start talking about them.......who talks about chicks in random conversation??????? I got a strong feeling that this dream kept resurfacing to me because there was something about it that I needed to realize...but I have no idea what 'hatching chicks' could really even represent....any ideas or thoughts on this one???

Je-Je

Re: Hope someone can help me on this one...

Postby Je-Je » 06 Apr 2013 07:56

I dont if my answer will help you. For me i think that your subconcious is trying to communicate with you or trying to tell you something. Or maybe, it was a gift of your subconcious. Or maybe you have watch an publicity where they have put subliminal message(about eggs and chick).
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Apr 2013 05:51

Your experience with this dream and its then manifestations into real life was what was happening to me a couple of weeks ago. I'd been dreaming .. quite a few dreams of cats giving birth to kittens or just dreaming of lots and lots of cats, cats everywhere. I'd had about 3 of these dreams in a week. Then I woke up from one of those dreams and very strangely its like suddenly every cat in my local neighbourhood wants to get to know me.

That day I had a scaredy cat who always runs from me even if I just look at it even if just throu my window, let alone letting it get anywhere near it.. well it suddenly come to my house door, meowing wanting to get in. I went to the door and to my surprise, it actually boldly strolled past me and into my house. If that isnt weird enough for a cat to make a turn around like that in just a few days (seen it a few days before and as per normal it just ran away when it saw me). I gave it a pat then put it out and it left. (I did a few reality checks due to the strange situation but yeah I was certainly awake).

Then a few hours later.. a cat Ive never seen before showed up and started whining at the same house door wanting me to let it in. *note the cat couldnt have seen me patting and allowing the other cat in just hours before as I have a big fence and it wasnt in the yard then. Unless .. but this would be even stranger.. unless the other cat went and told it to come and visit me as I give nice pats... (once again I was doing reality checking..but it was real).

Whatever my dreams are telling me about cats everywhere.. well it started manifesting in real life. In real life Ive only ever ONCE had a neighbours cat come to my front door meowing to come in back at my last house I lived in... in 40 years.. a once occurrance of a cat which wasnt mine. So what are the chances I'd get that happening with 2 cats who dont know me and arent friendly at me doing that within a few hour period on the same day.

This kind of thing shows how similar our real lifes may be to dreams and how we may also be creating our realities. Now Im thinking about your dream and are going to try to come up with something if I can get my head around the symbolism.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Apr 2013 06:07

With your dream.. I see it as symbolising that you have created something in your life (as you wanted to make something, cook). What you have created thou has turned out differently to what you had been expecting (still good thou, something which will give you happiness). What you created can develop more.

Your subconsciousness may of used the egg and chicken symbol rather then another animal due to possibly your subconsciousness knowing the future event of you going to be told about the chicken and the eggs by your daughters friend. (thou that too, you being told about this.. may all just be another symbol for what all this is symbolising. I think that is the most likely senario seeing the chicken thing is all around you).

The fact this all come out of the fridge is quite interesting symbolism too, which would shed further light onto this all. Fridges are "cold" places.. so could be saying you didnt put much attention/energy into creating this thing which has been created?? It just like happened.

As all this happens in your kitchen.. a place where things which substain you are made. This could represent that this new thing in your life can "feed" or substain you in some way.

You may have to look up dream symbol meaning of chicken to get more insight (I cant currently think more of what the individual symbol of chickens represent and I think it is important for your message too)

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 10 Apr 2013 15:45

Thanks for your reply Taniaaust1....I really thought it was so strange how all day everything pointed back to that dream.You have had a similar experience,so you see what I mean.
I have thought about it and I can't piece anything together.My daughters 10,we have always been very close and still are.Idk..dreams are hard sometimes to connect to a specific interpretation.Sometimes it's so clear and other times they leave you guessing for days.What I find very strange is that since I had this dream,I have not been able to remember a single dream I've had after it.I never have trouble remembering dreams.They're always pretty vivid and i remember detailed things about them...but since this dream....nothing...!!! It's almost like this dream left me totally blank or something :(
I somehow though get the feeling that this dream could possibly somehow refer to my mother.She has recently retired and has become very dependent on me for everything and it is really stressing me and I have felt totally drained with trying to occupy her and still keep up with my own kids and family here that I have...I have been trying to figure out how this dream may represent that situation and even if it does at all....not sure.I wonder if the dream represented mother and daughter being her and I...What do you think??

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Apr 2013 09:20

dreamworld777 wrote: I wonder if the dream represented mother and daughter being her and I...What do you think??

Ive no idea but I do think it is likely that both the mother and the daughter in your dream are both representing yourself. Why I say this, is cause in your dream they both were experiencing the same with the other symbolism in it.

When Im trying to work out if the DCs are both representing myself or me and another, I look at if they have the same symbolism around them as this can often show they are both respresenting yourself eg say if I had a dream where Im myself but Im a little girl but tripping over.. and in my dream there is a policeman and he's tripping over too (or experiencing something else I are in the dream), I'd then tend to think that both the DCs, thou different are representing myself (of cause that is always extremely likely in dreams anyway..but this double thing happening to the other the same as you makes it even more likely). As both mother and daughter in your dream are experiencing exactly the same thing, I'd think they both were very likely same person and as one of the people were you, I'd think then representing you as well.

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 11 Apr 2013 15:13

taniaaust1 wrote:
dreamworld777 wrote: I wonder if the dream represented mother and daughter being her and I...What do you think??

Ive no idea but I do think it is likely that both the mother and the daughter in your dream are both representing yourself. Why I say this, is cause in your dream they both were experiencing the same with the other symbolism in it.

When Im trying to work out if the DCs are both representing myself or me and another, I look at if they have the same symbolism around them as this can often show they are both respresenting yourself eg say if I had a dream where Im myself but Im a little girl but tripping over.. and in my dream there is a policeman and he's tripping over too (or experiencing something else I are in the dream), I'd then tend to think that both the DCs, thou different are representing myself (of cause that is always extremely likely in dreams anyway..but this double thing happening to the other the same as you makes it even more likely). As both mother and daughter in your dream are experiencing exactly the same thing, I'd think they both were very likely same person and as one of the people were you, I'd think then representing you as well.

That's a very good point and you're probably right.Thanks! My daughter is mostly always present in my dreams.I have an older son also who only seems to turn up in dreams where I become lucid and I always tell him that i'm dreaming and try to make him realize that he's dreaming as well but he always just looks at me with the same expression but never really says anything..lol...Confusing or not,I love dreaming,that's for sure! :lol:

Return to “Dream Interpretation”