My Ever Lasting Quest for my Spirit Guide

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
LucidLink

My Ever Lasting Quest for my Spirit Guide

Postby LucidLink » 10 Apr 2013 19:38

Hi everyone! So I lucid dream every night just about, and recently I have been trying to accomplish the goal of meeting my spirit guide. Apparently however, it is easier said then done! I have probably dedicated over 10 lucid dreams now to this goal, and I have not succeeded once! I came close two times and I will share both those experiences here. The first one was the most powerful, and I believe I may have actually met my spirit guide. It started, when I began to vibrate enough that I could just roll out of my body into a lucid dream. After I rolled out of my body into my dream room, I immediately began to yell out loud for my spirit guide. As I yelled this, I walked to my bathroom where I saw my grandma who lives with us. I asked "are you my spirit guide?" To which she replied "yes", and after she said that I was confused as to why she looked like my grandma then. So I asked why she looks like my grandma, to which she replied "I can look like anyone". Now as soon as she said that, for some reason I turned away to see a mirror behind us, and when I looked into the mirror, the figures reflection was not my grandmas, it was my cousins! Except my cousin is a girl with long hair, and this reflection of my cousin was bald! Now that's odd, and as I look back at my "grandma" she no longer looked like my grandma, but instead a tall black man I had never seen before! After that happened, I laughed and said "your right". Seeing as not only could he be anything, his reflection could be anything as well, even my cousin bald! ( I have never seen my cousin bald before, and I have no idea why the reflection of my grandma or spirit guide was that) then we proceeded to have a conversation about his name, which was very odd. We discussed a couple names, and I forget the one we agreed on, but it almost seemed like it didnt matter anyway and I could call him whatever I wanted. Then I asked him to take me to the akashic records (which is the main reason I was seeking out my spirit guide) and he laughs almost as to say "not this again". But he takes me anyway, and as I'm following him I feel the dream about to collapse. I tell him we must hurry or I will wake up soon! He says somthing like "oh I know", and with that the dream fades and I wake up. So that was my first experience, and I'm not sure if it was really my spirit guide or not. But it did seem like it!

Then in my second experience, (which actually just happened last night!) I met an even less helpfull DC. It started like a regular lucid dream, and I realized I had to find my spirit guide. So I found a mirror, picked it up, threw it on the ground and declared "When I jump through this mirror I will find my spirit guide!" And then I jumped into it. I fell all the way through, and I must say falling in lucid dreams like this feels quite strange! But eventually I landed, and right Infront of me was a DC, who was somone I knew very well in real life. It was my oldest best friend, somone I see every day and spend alot of time with, the person who explained lucid dreaming to me, and the person who told me about this website, and alot more then that, and I looked at him and asked him "are you spirit guide?" And his answer was strange. These weren't his exact words but he said something like "Most likely" or something like "there's a 99 percent chance I am" or something like that! That answer confused me alot and I don't even remember how I responded but then he responded again saying "you know how you really tell?" And then again I don't remember his exact words but he said somthing looking at their legs and checking the leg muscle. And then he tapped his leg. Now I was beyond confused and I woke up in confusion. Surely that was just a DC speaking nonsense in my second experience, but then again I am not sure what's going on. I look to the community for answers :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

mia

Re: My Ever Lasting Quest for my Spirit Guide

Postby mia » 11 Apr 2013 03:36

Well now. Very interesting. So free association regarding some of your dream symbols and meaning:
- mirror; reflection of the self; revelation of the self; encountering the self; there are many aspects to the self; diving into a mirror = descending deeper into the subconscious; to find your spirit guide within yourself; your guide takes the form of your grandmother; grandmother= foundation of family= the roots or foundation for yourself; and depending on your feelings toward your grandmother, possibly a protective and nurturing symbol; friend you feel you are brothers with- supportive symbol and someone who in actuality did GUIDE you ( I think the subconscious can sometimes be very literal); old man = wisdom, and legs also = support ( legs support the body). All symbols pointing to support, guidance, wisdom and growth or nurturing.

My conclusion: yes you met your spirit guide; it is an aspect of your deepest self; it can appear in many forms; you are guided by your wise self within your subconscious. As you become familiar with him, I think you will recognize him in the different forms he assumes within your dreams.

Here's another book suggestion for you LucidLink: read Carl Jung's 'Memories, Dreams, and Reflections'. An amazing examination of the subconscious ( way back in his day too. No one in the west during his time period, was doing anything like this. I like Jung; I dislike Freud; after all, anyone who came up with the notion of 'penis envy' as Freud did, is just a victim of his own neurosis I think). See if you can find images from Jung's' Red Book' online ( his own dream imagery paintings he did while exploring his own subconscious).
Hope my response isn't too senseless. :?
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 11 Apr 2013 04:27

Hoping to meet mine too when I'm lucid. I believe I have met my spirit guide many times in dreams and they have come as a variety of different people, some I know/knew, some that were strangers. Most of the time, they don't offer advice, just intense love and encouragement. The spirit guide often shows up right before a difficult period so I am always a little wary when he/she shows up in a dream.

What I am asking for is for my spirit guide to come in a dream and tell me I am dreaming to help me become lucid. Then we can just go from there and spend time together lucidly. I'm trying to prepare ahead what I will say and ask though so I don't end up wasting the opportunity.

Good luck with your quest and keep us posted if you make progress.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Apr 2013 07:42

I personally dont think ones dreams is a good place to actually meet ones "spirit guide" as whoever you meet is more likely to be just someone your subconsciousness has created due to your thoughts rather then a real guide. One thing we can be sure of in LDs is that whatever we are thinking, we can manifest from our own minds.

Probably a deep meditation or trance work (where you arent dreaming) is a better place to really meet your guide rather then something your subconsciousness is making up.

Of cause dreams are a good place to meet parts of yourself thou who can give you guideance into yourself (and possibly appear to be a spirit guide if you are wanting one to appear).

Your experiences to me sounded like images created from your subconsciousness eg your subconsciousness created a guide in the form of "grandmother" due to the symbolism of grandmother eg grandmothers are wise due to age and guide so it makes sense that your subconscious may created your thought of I want a guide.. into that.

Your second experience.. the reply sounded like certainly something coming from your subconsciousness.

Neither gave you info you didnt know. (recieving true info that you didnt know, which cant be coming from your waking mind etc, can help to tell if is a real guide).

Dont worry to much if you dont meet your guides. Im over 40 and havent had much interaction with my guides at all thou I'd like to at times, when I have had a guide of some kind.. its been an awesome experience eg I once was doing a healing and a tall being appeared on the other side of the room and walked across it and into me.. this caused both myself and the one I'd been working on to have an awesome experience.. to this day we both wonder if we actually levitated (it probably thou just seemed like it but it was weird how we both had the same experience.. We'll never know). (that guide I believed was Atlantian.. interestingly a psychic who didnt know me at all or of my experiences, has since told me I have an Atlantian guide and drew a picture of him which I now have on my wall... as I didnt see the guide clearly as in features just as a tall being.. I still arent sure if the picture I have up is him or not but it may well be, its a tall Atlantian male like I saw).

Instead.. Ive found there are other Masters (higher then the average guide) out there who came in and guide me when its desperately needed eg Jesus (thou I arent even Christian), Master Babaji and on another occassion I strangely had an experience with Sai Baba (I still dont know what to make of that, he got me to drink out of a goblet what he called an Elixiiar of life). As far as every day guidance for me goes.. nope.. it seems Im my own guide. (I've learnt if I get into big trouble in real life to start screaming for everyone, I'll just start calling for whoever I can think of, till one of the Masters comes to my aid).

Maybe you have some special experiences one day in store for you too. (I did the quest hoping to find my own like spirit guide for over 15 years without success. Now I just accept I have the Masters and Angels instead helping me).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 11 Apr 2013 13:26

Thank you Mia and taniaaust1, both those replies provided me with good new insight. I do plan to check those books out, as I always enjoy adding to my collection :)
And I wish you luck lucidinthesky, for it seems to be easier said then done haha! I do not attempt this quest every night, it's more like once a week because I can find far better (and easier!) things to accomplish. But I will try again soon, and post that 3rd experience on this topic. After all, they say third time is the charm right? ;)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 11 Apr 2013 16:26

taniaaust1 wrote:I personally dont think ones dreams is a good place to actually meet ones "spirit guide" as whoever you meet is more likely to be just someone your subconsciousness has created due to your thoughts rather then a real guide. One thing we can be sure of in LDs is that whatever we are thinking, we can manifest from our own minds.

I think your spirit guide can be manifested in dreams and already is part of you anyway. So it's not a big leap. I really don't think there is separation except that which exists in our minds. You are capable of manifesting any experience, we really limit ourselves. We are more open and receptive in dreams so it is a good place for that to happen. As you say, there are other states such as meditation where it is also possible.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Apr 2013 01:07

lucidinthe sky wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:I personally dont think ones dreams is a good place to actually meet ones "spirit guide" as whoever you meet is more likely to be just someone your subconsciousness has created due to your thoughts rather then a real guide. One thing we can be sure of in LDs is that whatever we are thinking, we can manifest from our own minds.

I think your spirit guide can be manifested in dreams and already is part of you anyway. So it's not a big leap. I really don't think there is separation except that which exists in our minds. You are capable of manifesting any experience, we really limit ourselves. We are more open and receptive in dreams so it is a good place for that to happen. As you say, there are other states such as meditation where it is also possible.

i didnt mean for it to sound like I dont think its at all possible.. as I do beleive it is possible but as I said just dont believe its the "most" accurate way to have experience with these.

Your definition of spirit guide is obviously different to my own as I define spirit guides as being individuals and not just a part of me (thou on the higher level I believe we are all.. you and I on that level I see the same). When refering to parts of myself guiding.. I just usually refer to this as my "higher self/ves" guiding rather then spirit guides. Our higher selves certainly do guiding throu dreams and dreams are a good place to connect to those being a part of ourselves. A LD is probably just as powerful place to connect to part of oneself (on par with meditation) if we are wanting to get in touch with parts of ourselves.

Spirit guides I believe are individuals we've been connected to in the past eg other lives or this one or have family or soul connections too (eg could be a soul mate guiding).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”