My lucid dreams aren't going well...

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

My lucid dreams aren't going well...

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 22 Aug 2011 10:45

First, anytime I become lucid, I feel that my movements are dizzy, or uncontrollable.
Second, I can't demand things to happen, like making dream characters disappear...I just seem to be moving with the storyline of the dream, I can't change or create anything.
Third, my vision is very bad. I always demand clarity, rub my hands and spin around without any success, my lucid dreams never become vivid.
And btw I had 9 Lucid Dreams so far...and the last one was the longest, 1 minute to be exact (poor me :D).
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

rdubya

Re: My lucid dreams aren't going well...

Postby rdubya » 22 Aug 2011 21:26

I mean this is a non-offensive way, especially because we all have been there and go through it, but your mind is weak! You need to strengthen it and you will see the progress. Meditation is the best way to strengthen your mind in the waking life. If you do meditate and aren't seeing results, try different meditations, especially ones that focus on focus!

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 22 Aug 2011 22:06

I do some meditation regularly, and I try as hard as I can to make my dreams go like I want them to go. But, of course I must try harder than that, and those LDs are still my first few LDs , so I have nothing to worry about. Thanks for the comment...
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 23 Aug 2011 04:06

You're doing ok :D Nine lucid dreams, that is something!!

I would suggest more dream stabilization techniques. Sounds like you're not totally lucid, you need to amp up the lucidity (consciousness) to gain control and have things appear in total clarity.

Try saying "I'm dreaming" and talking yourself to consciousness - doing math helps me - as does any kind of logical thought.

Rubbing my hands always helps too but you said you've tried that... So how about looking at your palms? Bring awareness to your body in the dream, to create a stronger sense of your own presence.

Examine objects close to you, bring them up to your face. Touch the ground - how does it feel? Explore, with all your senses, those things you can make out, and the rest will pop into clarity.

You'll also find your lucid dreams last a lot longer in this state of full lucidity.

If not... write back here... we'll think of some more tips.... ;)

PrototypeTEGTA

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 23 Aug 2011 11:06

WOW thanks for the tips, Rebecca! And I think those are enough for me. I don't think that I was in full lucidity in my previous dreams, so it was kinda hard for me to remember doing those stabilization techniques while being aware. Anyway, I'm still a beginner, so there is nothing to worry about, and again thank you...

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 23 Aug 2011 21:42

I wish I had nine lucid dreams.
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 25 Aug 2011 01:15

worldenterer wrote:I wish I had nine lucid dreams.

Guess what? In the future, you do! 8-)

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 26 Aug 2011 23:15

I am up to three lucid dreams. But my third and most recent one was not interesting. I spent the whole time trying to convince a dream figure that they were in a dream. They were not real obviously, so I just kept on trying to make them realise they were dreaming as if they were a real person. While I was doing this I forgot that I was dreaming. Later on in the dream I remember something about bigfoot, spaceships, and terrorbirds.
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Mewie

Postby Mewie » 27 Aug 2011 07:24

I wish I had one, haha. ;)
Reality is a lovely place,
but I wouldn't wanna live there
. ~ Adam Young

PrototypeTEGTA

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 27 Aug 2011 17:40

Mewie wrote:

I wish I had one, haha. ;)

I wish they were vivid :D

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”