Effects on Dream Characters

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
btifuldreamer

Effects on Dream Characters

Postby btifuldreamer » 11 Apr 2013 07:03

I am sure that this question hasn't been asked :) I haven't had a lucid dream to be able to answer this question myself, so i want to know, if you effect a dream character in any way such as blinding them, will they act like they actually are blind and will walk around not being able to see and stuff or will they be blind yet somehow be able to see still. And also, once you do something to them, will it last the whole dream or will it somehow wear off. Kind of an odd question but it's been on my mind for a while. :D

tea

Re: Effects on Dream Characters

Postby tea » 11 Apr 2013 08:28

yeah, i understand that this question is bugging you but all i can really say is that you'll have to find out for yourself :D

the thing is: you can't really define how certain things in dream will act because it's all up to the dreamer and what's going on in their subconsciousness (and what they're expecting to happen).

so.. although some things in dream have a foggy defined behaviour (like: hands often look weird, clocks often don't work, ...) you can't really say anything for sure.
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Apr 2013 08:32

Yeah those are odd questions :lol:

Well I have never thought or wanted to blind one of my DCs.

And also, once you do something to them, will it last the whole dream or will it somehow wear off.

Your subconsciousness is always trying to put out its messages while you are dreaming.. so I assume that the character could change and what you do "could" end up wearing off (if the manifestation of your subconsciousness is stronger then your waking will in having the character like that).

I havent altered my DCs much but when I have eg changed a demon DC into a child, they havent changed again but then I wasnt around those for a long time after I altered them but I assume due to logic in how dreams manifest that they would be able to change or even go back to the way they were before after a while if your subconsciousness was trying to tell you something by that character.

so i want to know, if you effect a dream character in any way such as blinding them, will they act like they actually are blind and will walk around not being able to see and stuff or will they be blind yet somehow be able to see still

They'd act either like whatever you consciously expect them to do OR will act according to what your subconsciousness wants them to do. So how they'd react to that all depends on you! There wouldnt be a set answer to that question.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 11 Apr 2013 10:17

[quote="taniaaust1"]Yeah those are odd questions :lol:

It was just an example :P I might not actually blind them... depends on who they are :lol: Another question, once you realize you are dreaming are your hands still weird and you reflecion still fuzzy? And also, what happens when you summon something. Say for instance, you are in a dark room so you summon a torch in your hand, will it suddenly turn into, say, a stick when you don't realize? can you even summon things?? That would be soo awesome ! :D

Did i do the quote thing right ^ :?:

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 11 Apr 2013 17:47

Control a dream character.

I cant even fly in my lucid dream, so to control a DC it will be hard for me. I must be more lucid in my dream. To be a god of my dream.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 11 Apr 2013 18:57

btifuldreamer wrote:I am sure that this question hasn't been asked :) I haven't had a lucid dream to be able to answer this question myself, so i want to know, if you effect a dream character in any way such as blinding them, will they act like they actually are blind and will walk around not being able to see and stuff or will they be blind yet somehow be able to see still. And also, once you do something to them, will it last the whole dream or will it somehow wear off. Kind of an odd question but it's been on my mind for a while. :D

Keep in mind, DCs know what you are going to before you do it because they are you. They will react the way you want them to of course. But we have to remember that DCs are in a dream for some purpose to show us something and we may not be able to do what we want with them. I think that's why they often don't say anything when we talk to them because maybe that's not why they are there in that dream at that time. If we let them, DCs give us what we need dream, not necessarily what we want. Of course it's interesting to try different things and see what happens because you never know.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 12 Apr 2013 01:31

Keep in mind, DCs know what you are going to before you do it because they are you. They will react the way you want them to of course. But we have to remember that DCs are in a dream for some purpose to show us something and we may not be able to do what we want with them. I think that's why they often don't say anything when we talk to them because maybe that's not why they are there in that dream at that time. If we let them, DCs give us what we need dream, not necessarily what we want. Of course it's interesting to try different things and see what happens because you never know.[/quote]
(don't know if i did the quote right ^)
hmmm. It never occured to me that your dream chracters are you. In a way, is a lucid dream like a plane in non auto pilot mode? Kind of an odd metaphor but when you non lucid dream, everything that is supposed to happen happens, but when you are lucid you make your own decisions and moves so the outcome of what dream charaters do may change from what they were supposed to do. Right? :?:

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Apr 2013 02:53

Je-Je wrote:Control a dream character.

I cant even fly in my lucid dream, so to control a DC it will be hard for me. I must be more lucid in my dream. To be a god of my dream.

Je Je you really need to change the thinking you got going on there. Your doubts will stop you from experiencing what you could otherwise in your LD. I dont know where you get the idea that you wouldnt be able to control a DC cause you cant fly (they are completely different things and that isnt at all necessarily true..only if you think its true).

I cant fly like superman (due to some blocks I have on it) but I can do far more then just control a DC, I can make a DC change into something completely opposite then it is so to a new form. As long as you believe you cant do things you wont even if their wouldnt have been a block on those things before for you, your thought just has created one.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Apr 2013 02:55

btifuldreamer wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:Yeah those are odd questions :lol:

It was just an example :P I might not actually blind them... depends on who they are :lol: Another question, once you realize you are dreaming are your hands still weird and you reflecion still fuzzy? And also, what happens when you summon something. Say for instance, you are in a dark room so you summon a torch in your hand, will it suddenly turn into, say, a stick when you don't realize? can you even summon things?? That would be soo awesome ! :D

Did i do the quote thing right ^ :?:

with your quote you needed to put [ /quote] but without the gap I have after the [ at the end of what you were quoting.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Apr 2013 03:01

btifuldreamer wrote: but when you are lucid you make your own decisions and moves so the outcome of what dream charaters do may change from what they were supposed to do. Right? :?:

yes they can change cause of what you've done eg I was lucid and in a kitchen of a house which wasnt my own and wanted to do one of my LD challenges (of making something taste real awesome, better then in real life). So I opened the fridge and just took out a banana to eat. A DC in the room turns and looks at me horrified and starts lecturing at me for stealing the banana. (so my waking mind actions did influence what the DC did in that dream.. what that DC did really shocked me.. I jumped in startlement as she suddenly went "What are you doing!" in a very loud voice to my conscious action).

Return to “Dream Characters”