Lucid Animal Shapeshifting is the True Experience of Animal

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
LucidLink

Lucid Animal Shapeshifting is the True Experience of Animal

Postby LucidLink » 11 Apr 2013 15:33

Hi everybody! So I wanna bring up an interesting topic that has fascinated me ever since I read it. I read it out of Robert Waggoner's book Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self, but the dream was not his, and I forget whose it was. But anyway, a girl became lucid in a dream, and decide she wanted to turn into what I believe was a barn owl. She accomplished this, and flew through the night sky as a barn owl. Now the interesting part is, she noticed she was flying completely silently and enjoyed it. Then when she woke up, she looked up barn owls and found infact that they fly completely silently. So I now believe that when we morph into an animal, we truly become that animal. We experience everything exactly as they would, even without knowledge of how their experiences should be. I find this amazing and it just shows the magic of lucid dreaming and what we are really capable of experienceing:)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Je-Je

Re: Lucid Animal Shapeshifting is the True Experience of Ani

Postby Je-Je » 11 Apr 2013 17:08

Me i have read an article about subconscious. It said that our subconscious is our dictionnairy, your SB is more older then you.

WHY; the scientify said that;A long time ago, we were a fish, then we became reptile, then we became a monkey, then we became a human. So what he was trying to tell is that a small part of the subconscious went to each animal until it came to use.

You can ask to your subconscious who was your older older very older grandfather, it will show you his image, cuz you are part of him.

Sorry if you dont understand me, i have problem with my english, i will try to explain well:

A fish gave birth a new baby reptile, so a small part of the fish sub went to the baby reptile. Then its go and again and again until it reach the human.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Apr 2013 00:32

dreams being dreams.. representations of our subconciousness and if lucid also conscious minds, "could" give off false impressions thou on saying that I do also have to say that I havent had much experience at all becoming other things.

I did thou learn something about dolphins when I either spontanously merged astrally (AP) with one or spontanously mind linked with one (I dont know which it was but I spontanously become that dolphin somewhere out in the sea, linked with one in some way so I could feel and experience all it was). It was great in the first moments but then I become aware the dolphin wasnt breathing. I wasnt aware they have to actually breath not in water and in my experience when I experienced being the dolphin, I paniced being underwater and breathholding so long (I didnt know they breathheld either).. I should of trusted the animal I was in myself but not knowing much about these.. well panic set in, its unnerving feeling like one should breath but breath is being held, I wondered why it didnt just breath underwater. So I started struggling, like fighting to breath while underwater and believe I almost drowned the animal (I hope I didnt, I think I was out of the others body before that happened thou I may of made it take in water). I was then like thrown back into my physical body. (from that experience I learnt all about how dolphins do actually breathhold and they cant breath under water).

To this day I still feel guilty about this.. hoping I didnt kills a dolphin due to my inexperience with things (I guess if I was more experienced with things I would of just trusted the experience I was having rather then try to take control over the animal in my fright cause I didnt understand). Natural abilities without knowledge can be a dangerous thing.
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 12 Apr 2013 02:38, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

mia

Postby mia » 12 Apr 2013 02:25

JeJe, you have made some very good points.

There is also the collective subconscious as Jung explains. We all have access to a common undercurrent of the subconscious that runs through all of us. That other living things should be a part of this, would only make sense.

Many eastern beliefs also tell stories of the 'one being' bringing everything into creation. That we are therefore all one; just facets of 'the one being', who is the monk in the cave meditating everything into existence. Therefore in the subconscious realm we are connected; every living thing, and all things in existence, and so access to their experience is certainly possible ( and why compassion is the result of enlightenment when non-duality is understood.)
So it could also be said, that you are the monk in the cave. So am I.

In Hindu belief, Vishnu, the God, sleeps, and the activity of his mind stuff creates dreams, and we are all his dream: the world is Vishnu's dream. And just as, in your dreams, all the images that you behold and all the people who appear are really manifestations of your own dreaming power, so are we all manifestations of Vishnu's dreaming power. We are no more independent entities than the dream figures in our own dreams.

Hence, we are all one in Vishnu: manifestations, inflections, of this dreaming power of Vishnu; broken images of himself rippling on the spontaneously active surface of his subtle mind stuff. Moreover, this sleeping god's divine dream of the universe is pictured in Indian art as a great lotus plant growing from his navel. The idea is that the dream unfolds like a glorious flower, and that this flower is the energy-or, as the Indians say. the shakti or goddess-of the god. There are many counterparts of some of these images in the Christian Biblical tradition. (The waters that are stirred into action when creation takes place in Hindu belief, are comparable to those of the first verse of the Bible, where it is said that the wind or breath of god blew, or brooded, over the waters. )

So. All so thought provoking isn't it. What lovely metaphors for the subconscious.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 12 Apr 2013 15:45

I believe eastern beliefs are more then metaphors, although I follow no religeon eastern of western, I do believe we are all one. I am you, you are me. I am fully aware many people will disagree this or want some further explanation, but to me, it is as simple as that. :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

mia

Postby mia » 12 Apr 2013 15:56

I actually think so too. I think metaphors are really ways to express what otherwise is too vast for language. They speak to what is deep within.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”