Three problems. Help, please?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
User avatar
flairina
Posts: 21
Joined: 14 Aug 2011 01:21

Three problems. Help, please?

Postby flairina » 14 Aug 2011 01:59

Hiya! I'm a sixteen year old who discovered lucid dreaming two years ago, and maintained an interest in it but never actually pulled off a full on lucid dream. I'd like to actually take things to that level now, but there are a couple things that worry me.

-First off, I'm a high functioning autistic. In addition to everything else, this means my brain is literally shaped differently than most people's. I'm not sure if this actually affects anything (I doubt it), but the possibility is still there. Just thought I'd say that since it may be a problem.

-Second, I often dream from a third person perspective. Does this happen to anyone else? Perhaps it's simply because I play a lot of video games and therefore spend a lot of time looking at exciting stuff happening, or maybe it's because whenever I imagine myself doing anything interesting, it's ALSO in third person. For some reason, it is incredibly hard to become lucid while looking at the dream this way, based on the few times I've managed to realize it (and even then I couldn't actually do anything, most often waking up immediately after). I often only can realize I'm dreaming if I'm in first person perspective for once. I once had a dream where it started in third person, switched to first person, and THEN I realized I was dreaming. Of course, then the dream switched back to third person, and I still knew I was dreaming, and even could create things out of thin air, but I still couldn't control what I was doing. This is my main issue. Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

-Third, sometimes I'm not even IN the dream. Not in MY OWN DREAM! How exactly do I become lucid in a dream when I'm not even in it?!

So yeah, those are my problems. Not much anyone can do to help with the first one (if it's even an issue), but any suggestions for the latter two?
Last edited by flairina on 14 Aug 2011 03:26, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Peter
Posts: 1951
Joined: 26 May 2011 08:02
Location: New Zealand

Re: Three problems. Help, please?

Postby Peter » 14 Aug 2011 02:05

You have got to let all this stuff evolve in its own way. Give it time and just enjoy the journey as after a life time I still have nights where I don’t remember dreams and may go for a week or two without a LD

As for being autistic I have no experience and so can’t offer any advice

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

User avatar
flairina
Posts: 21
Joined: 14 Aug 2011 01:21

Re: Three problems. Help, please?

Postby flairina » 14 Aug 2011 02:10

Peter wrote:You have got to let all this stuff evolve in its own way. Give it time and just enjoy the journey as after a life time I still have nights where I don’t remember dreams and may go for a week or two without a LD

As for being autistic I have no experience and so can’t offer any advice

Peter


Alright, thanks. No worries, I didn't expect any help or advice for the first part. :)

rdubya
Posts: 175
Joined: 21 Jun 2011 21:15

Re: Three problems. Help, please?

Postby rdubya » 15 Aug 2011 14:49

You may be less success of triggering DILDs (dream induced LD), but you should still be able to work on it and have them in time. Be patient, don't drain all your energy on it, but keep reminding our subconscious it is important to you.

As for autism, I would see what you can find, but we barely know how this stuff works on "normal" shaped brains. (I quote normal because who knows what normal really is!) My thoughts are that you can definitely experience them if you can dream.

-Ryan

User avatar
flairina
Posts: 21
Joined: 14 Aug 2011 01:21

Re: Three problems. Help, please?

Postby flairina » 15 Aug 2011 21:25

rdubya wrote:You may be less success of triggering DILDs (dream induced LD), but you should still be able to work on it and have them in time. Be patient, don't drain all your energy on it, but keep reminding our subconscious it is important to you.

As for autism, I would see what you can find, but we barely know how this stuff works on "normal" shaped brains. (I quote normal because who knows what normal really is!) My thoughts are that you can definitely experience them if you can dream.

-Ryan


Hmm... alright. Dang, and that's what I was working on too. I tried to induce sleep paralysis last night, and I managed to get that weird feeling in your arms and legs that I think you're supposed to get, but then omeone came in the room and ruined it. :(

I suppose thats true, since this isn't really an exact science. No way to really know much about stuff that likely hasn't been studied. Thanks though, that's reassuring. :)

Dwelve
Posts: 2
Joined: 17 Aug 2011 22:48

Re: Three problems. Help, please?

Postby Dwelve » 17 Aug 2011 23:11

as for the 3rd person question i think it may be because of video games, when i was 4 i got a gameboy and played alot of mario and i sometimes dreamed in the mario perspective. If im not mistaken before color tv people who watched alot of black and white dreamed black and white and seeing how tv isnt you as video games and playing as someone. But those are just my thoughts and i may be wrong.

User avatar
flairina
Posts: 21
Joined: 14 Aug 2011 01:21

Re: Three problems. Help, please?

Postby flairina » 19 Aug 2011 03:44

Dwelve wrote:as for the 3rd person question i think it may be because of video games, when i was 4 i got a gameboy and played alot of mario and i sometimes dreamed in the mario perspective. If im not mistaken before color tv people who watched alot of black and white dreamed black and white and seeing how tv isnt you as video games and playing as someone. But those are just my thoughts and i may be wrong.


That would go along with my 2nd problem's likely root cause, so that would make sense... hmm, now how to fix that...

DAZ_XT950
Posts: 28
Joined: 28 Jul 2011 22:41

Re: Three problems. Help, please?

Postby DAZ_XT950 » 20 Aug 2011 20:24

flairina wrote:
Dwelve wrote:as for the 3rd person question i think it may be because of video games, when i was 4 i got a gameboy and played alot of mario and i sometimes dreamed in the mario perspective. If im not mistaken before color tv people who watched alot of black and white dreamed black and white and seeing how tv isnt you as video games and playing as someone. But those are just my thoughts and i may be wrong.


That would go along with my 2nd problem's likely root cause, so that would make sense... hmm, now how to fix that...


Play 1st person games? lol

User avatar
flairina
Posts: 21
Joined: 14 Aug 2011 01:21

Re: Three problems. Help, please?

Postby flairina » 23 Aug 2011 12:15

DAZ_XT950 wrote:Play 1st person games? lol


Well, I suppose that's at least an idea. Not actually a bad one either. XD

Still no luck yet, but I guess these do require a bit of practice... maybe I'm not doing something right. :(

User avatar
magicdog93
Posts: 10
Joined: 13 Jun 2011 22:08

Re: Three problems. Help, please?

Postby magicdog93 » 29 Aug 2011 21:47

try and do the reality check its easy for beginners,
i have no idea about your autism, i have a friend who is autistic by the way,
i don't think there is any other way for me to try and help,sorry
i am joshua, nice to meet you,


Return to “For Beginners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest