In your lucid dream, what do your hands look like?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
ArsiNoe

Re: In your lucid dream, what do your hands look like?

Postby ArsiNoe » 12 Apr 2013 15:31

Why do our hands look strange in LD? Can someone explain it?
In dreams our unconscious can create people or things with the same and exact details like in the real but I really don't understand why it has problem with our own hands. :)

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Apr 2013 17:44

ArsiNoe wrote:Why do our hands look strange in LD? Can someone explain it?
In dreams our unconscious can create people or things with the same and exact details like in the real but I really don't understand why it has problem with our own hands. :)

Great question really. I think the reason is that we don't look at our bodies in dreams normally and the reason why we have a difficult time creating images of them is because it comes down to our abilities to change the dream scene which is difficult for us to do. Making our hands would be similar to say making a certain person appear at will. I found that with practice, my hands started looking more and more real, but after no LDs for a while, they slipped back into being deformed and hardly recognizable.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Apr 2013 01:43

ArsiNoe wrote:Why do our hands look strange in LD? Can someone explain it?

I think when we look at our hands we are seeing expressions from the subconsciousness which are symbolic same with everything else in our dreams which we dont create with our waking consciousness if we are lucid).

Ive noticed if I just glance over my hands without any focus on them, they then appear normal eg If I look at my hands as I want to know what Im wearing, so look at them just to see if Im wearing gloves, so thou looking at them but not really studying them.. they will be normal. If I study my hands thou.. they wont appear normal and will become symbolic representations of the subconciousness.

eg the other day when I looked at my hands in a LD I had plants growing out of all my fingers.. representing my green fingers (my love of growing things in my garden). I realised a little while after this LD that the leaves of the kind of plant growing out of my right hand fingers were a cross between the Hibiscus plants I'd recently pruned (in leaf shape) and a cross between some spider plants (in colour) I was really wanting for my garden.

Interestingly just after I did this LD (within the week) and seen this, someone gave me some spider plants in real life (so maybe some prophecy too came into it. When I get prophecy what appears in my dreams usually appears 3 days later in real life (Ive no idea why that is so).. I should of paid more attention if it was 3 days after this dream in which I got given the spider plants but I didnt think about all this till later).

My other hand (left).. I still dont know what the black vines growing out of that hands fingers were symbolising (other then once again me having a knack of growing things in the garden etc) but that black ivy would also mean something more specific as well.

Say if you look at your hands and you are missing parts of fingers.. it could mean you are missing something out of your life or missing seeing something eg having a loss of understanding about something (I guess what individual fingers were deformed would symbolically tell you more). If you look at hands and they are ugly and deformed.. it could mean you are creating some ugly things in your life (think of the saying having a "hand" in things.. eg what you are doing in life.. so ugliness or deformed hands/fingers could be representive of something ugly in your life being done whether to yourself or to another).

I cant think right now what more fingers could represent..umm maybe having "many fingers" in things... maybe could mean someone is trying to do a lot at this point of time or that that person has many different interests. (others probably can come up with other interpretations).

Maybe someone should start a thread up on What your hands are saying about you ... so we could all discuss the interpretations of what we are seeing when you look at hands. There is always reasons why you see what you do when dreaming.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 13 Apr 2013 22:41

Well, really, how often are you aware of your hands in real life. I mean, we always know they're there, but do you really think about it? In dreams, im rarely aware of MYSELF! Maybe because its not actually there your subconsious makes something of it. It is weird that your subconsious can create perfectly normal looking people, amazing dreamscapes, but cannot find your reflection, or even create your hands right - might have something to do with finding yourself, you don't know who you are, ect. Not going to get into deep mental stuff though - Anyways,

Last night in my dream I was driving. I grabbed the steering wheel and I had 4 hands - a pair sprouting out of each wrist.

Glad i became interested in dreams. Youd think more people would be since everyone has em.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Apr 2013 04:40

DreamerMan99 wrote:Well, really, how often are you aware of your hands in real life. I mean, we always know they're there, but do you really think about it?

Our waking minds still KNOW what they look like even if we werent studying them

. It is weird that your subconsious can create perfectly normal looking people, amazing dreamscapes, but cannot find your reflection, or even create your hands right - might have something to do with finding yourself, you don't know who you are, ect.

That's another good possible interpretation for possible reason.

I do wonder thou about the part which you say of the subconsciousness creatng perfectly normal looking people in a dream.. I wonder thou if we choose to go and study one of those perfectly looking DCs hands whether they would then be not then be so perfect looking and may change into symbolic expressions of something, maybe those DCs appear looking so normal as we arent studying them deeply. (I've got to try that some time as Im now wondering.. seeing our hands go weird if studied..would the DCs hands do that too?.. and if so.. would they alter in the same way as our own did in the LD? hence giving off the same symbolic messages?).

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 15 Apr 2013 00:53

taniaaust1 wrote:
DreamerMan99 wrote:Well, really, how often are you aware of your hands in real life. I mean, we always know they're there, but do you really think about it?

Our waking minds still KNOW what they look like even if we werent studying them

. It is weird that your subconsious can create perfectly normal looking people, amazing dreamscapes, but cannot find your reflection, or even create your hands right - might have something to do with finding yourself, you don't know who you are, ect.

That's another good possible interpretation for possible reason.

I do wonder thou about the part which you say of the subconsciousness creatng perfectly normal looking people in a dream.. I wonder thou if we choose to go and study one of those perfectly looking DCs hands whether they would then be not then be so perfect looking and may change into symbolic expressions of something, maybe those DCs appear looking so normal as we arent studying them deeply. (I've got to try that some time as Im now wondering.. seeing our hands go weird if studied..would the DCs hands do that too?.. and if so.. would they alter in the same way as our own did in the LD? hence giving off the same symbolic messages?).

Tonight, ill closely examine a DC. Ill post up the results.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 15 Apr 2013 18:44

Can't believe this morning. Had all of these cell phone problems so I checked my hands. They looked almost normal but the fingers kept changing. So I thought to myself "well, that's close enough. I know this isn't a dream anyway so I don't need to keep checking." Felt really stupid after waking up. :cry:
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Lisecila

Postby Lisecila » 15 Apr 2013 20:22

Often the lines in my palms, glow with white light. Other times some of my fingers are grown together :shock:
My Lucid art and more (both in Norwegian and English) : http://nattkinomaskinisten.blogspot.no/

ArsiNoe

Postby ArsiNoe » 23 Apr 2013 16:35

lucidinthe, skytaniaaust1: thank you very much for your answers ;)

taniaaust1 wrote:Say if you look at your hands and you are missing parts of fingers.. it could mean you are missing something out of your life or missing seeing something eg having a loss of understanding about something (I guess what individual fingers were deformed would symbolically tell you more). If you look at hands and they are ugly and deformed.. it could mean you are creating some ugly things in your life (think of the saying having a "hand" in things.. eg what you are doing in life.. so ugliness or deformed hands/fingers could be representive of something ugly in your life being done whether to yourself or to another).

yes I really have missing parts of fingers in LD, I usually miss top of my small finger :) I didnt think about its meaning, but I agree that I probably miss sth in my life. It's very interesting and what's a pity that there aren't any explanatories what each shape of hand, finger or palm means. I have often broken finger like this http://spe.fotolog.com/photo/46/56/0/l1m0ne/1256249714837_f.jpg ...what could it mean?

In my beginnigs of LD I used to have smudgy hand and very fat fingers, but now they have become more real. Today I had 2 LDs and when I looked at my hand first time they were normal, but when I looked at them second time they started changing...maybe I must begin using another reality checks, which are more convincing :)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Apr 2013 03:24

ArsiNoe wrote:lucidinthe, skytaniaaust1: thank you very much for your answers ;)

taniaaust1 wrote:Say if you look at your hands and you are missing parts of fingers.. it could mean you are missing something out of your life or missing seeing something eg having a loss of understanding about something (I guess what individual fingers were deformed would symbolically tell you more). If you look at hands and they are ugly and deformed.. it could mean you are creating some ugly things in your life (think of the saying having a "hand" in things.. eg what you are doing in life.. so ugliness or deformed hands/fingers could be representive of something ugly in your life being done whether to yourself or to another).

yes I really have missing parts of fingers in LD, I usually miss top of my small finger :) I didnt think about its meaning, but I agree that I probably miss sth in my life. It's very interesting and what's a pity that there aren't any explanatories what each shape of hand, finger or palm means. I have often broken finger like this http://spe.fotolog.com/photo/46/56/0/l1m0ne/1256249714837_f.jpg ...what could it mean?

In my beginnigs of LD I used to have smudgy hand and very fat fingers, but now they have become more real. Today I had 2 LDs and when I looked at my hand first time they were normal, but when I looked at them second time they started changing...maybe I must begin using another reality checks, which are more convincing :)

When trying to deciper the symbolism of fingers.. just think of what fingers are used for eg you have a wedding finger, a "fuck you" finger, .. if Im remembering correctly (i studied the symbolism of fingers a very long time ago) the little finger was known as the seduction finger.

Maybe if that is broken or a part of that one missing, it could mean you are having trouble getting into a relationship??? are you single by any chance?

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”