Reoccurring dream about shoes (trying to find them)

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
Inner Effect

Reoccurring dream about shoes (trying to find them)

Postby Inner Effect » 09 Apr 2013 21:36

Since I've been keeping a dream journal I've remembered having 3 dreams with a reoccurring theme about shoes over the last few weeks.

In the first I wake up in a garden of a house as if after a night out, its daytime and there's still a party going on there, I want to leave with my friends but have no shoes on so am looking around the garden for them, there's pairs of shoes everywhere but I cant find mine. The host of the party is this gangster rude boy type and he has some gangster friends with him, they tell me to get out of the garden and I brush past one as I leave, he gets really pissed off saying 'don't f**k with my clothes!', he then starts pushing me and I defend myself by swinging a punch to his stomach - I wake up.

In the second one I'm working as a model, my manager / agent gives me some new shoes which I'm so impressed with, they are they best shoes I've ever had and I'm so happy with them. He then says 'You must work very hard for these shoes.'

In the 3rd one I'm in a futuristic city in a open public space like a courtyard, I'm with a group of people and we are working on some kind of project, I've lost my shoes again and am looking everywhere for them. I see a big pile of shoes all different colours and designs but mine are not in there, this makes me very frustrated and annoyed. Then one of my group says he might know what has happened to them and goes and talks to a security guard in the area, next a big circular hovering robot comes over and ejects my shoes out of a hole in its body. They are really old and battered shoes though and it had turned out that the robot thought they were unwanted and had been discarded so sucked them up to dispose of them. I take a photo of the robot on my camera phone and post a update on Facebook about what had happened, I seem to become semi lucid at this point as I'm fascinated by the futuristic city around me and start taking more photos of the buildings and scenery, but then I sense that security cameras are watching me and perhaps I'm not allowed to take photos.

So whats all this business with shoes about? I don't even care or think much about shoes in the waking world, I have a pair of trusty boots which I wear most of the time as they are well made and comfortable, work just as well hiking in the Himalayas as navigating the streets of London. I feel these dreams have something to do with my ego or identity, but I'm not totally clear what the message is, anyone else had any similar dreams about shoes or could help shed some light on this theme?
More about Lucid Dreaming on my blog - http://innereffect.wordpress.com/

LucidLink

Re: Reoccurring dream about shoes (trying to find them)

Postby LucidLink » 09 Apr 2013 23:21

Dreams communicate to us through symbols. Shoes are just a symbol for something else, and what they stand for is impossible for me to guess. It's something that relates to you and your life. The shoes could reperesent anything. My best advice is to think of all the possible things shoes could mean in relation to your life. And also ask yourself, why did you give yourself that experience?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Apr 2013 09:17

Inner Effect wrote: So whats all this business with shoes about? I don't even care or think much about shoes in the waking world, I have a pair of trusty boots which I wear most of the time as they are well made and comfortable, work just as well hiking in the Himalayas as navigating the streets of London. I feel these dreams have something to do with my ego or identity, but I'm not totally clear what the message is, anyone else had any similar dreams about shoes or could help shed some light on this theme?

Yes.. Ive had an extremely similar to your dream about shoes, like you, in real life I dont care much about shoes. I'll see if I can find it in my dream journal and post it here. I cant right now remember if I came up with some kind of interpretation for it or what was going on in my life at that point of time (so hopefully I can find that dream to read what I wrote on it)..

Do you have any dreams about handbags? around the time I had the lost my shoes dream.. I was also having dreams about handbags. I ended up coming to the conclusion that the handbag which kept being left behind or lost was representing myself.

he gets really pissed off saying 'don't f**k with my clothes!'

As you said it may be representing something about your ego or identity. After the shoe dream and then the handbag dreams (I cant now remember how long after it may not have been long after)... I then kept having dreams about clothes. Clothing hanging in racks in stores and trying clothes on racks on (thou one time I was hiding in the racks of the clothes).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Apr 2013 09:43

Cant find the shoe dream I was looking for but found another of my dreams and that shoe dream was on the topic of sex. Till now I'd forgotten shoes can be a sex symbol.

Sex Workers and Shoes
Im out and about in a city/town. Im in a shopping mall and go into like tiny shop/stall which is closed. Someone sees me in there and thinks Ive broken into it. (forgot in between part from here to next part). Im in another shop. This shop has the appearance of a coffee shop with people all sitting around tables. Its true nature thou is sexual services are sold here.

Im sitting at a table talking to the sex workers as a group, getting to know them. They seem to like me. I find two odd shoes that have been left behind by people. Then I find a second pair of odd shoes, these dont match the first odd shoes I found earlier. I think we should keep them as maybe the four owners of the four shoes will come back to claim them.

A guy at the table (one of the sex workers who Ive been chatting too and seems nice), points out to me that the sole is hanging off of one of the shoes, its completely busted so the owner of that one wont be coming back to claim it. I agree with this. He picks up the shoe and disappears with it, then comes back without it. (I assume he threw it out).

I continue chatting with the sex worker guy and start feeling like we have actually become friends. He asks if I'd like sex with him (oh I so wish I was lucid with this dream!). I are interested and think that would be great. I personally really like this guy and Im feeling quite attracted to him. He seems to be such a nice guy with also a very great body. (my dream guy one could say)

I say yes but then get concerned that doing so may get in the way of the friendship we are developing. I wouldnt want to loose a possible good friend over sex. So I tell him that I dont really want to do it with him unless he's truely wanting to have sex with me and without money involvement. Im still debating if this would be a good idea or not.. shall we? shant we? seeing we've only just met.

I woke up at that point

In my dream comments thou under the dream I have written "Shoes thou are also something which aids one to walk along easier...something which helps one to travel a path or life path easier. So loosing ones shoes could mean that ones life path isnt being easy to travel for whatever reason" (your dream with the bullying could indicate issues with another or due to an issue with yourself).

New shoes could be symbol of having a high status esp if they were high heels.

Old battered shoes may represent how you have been feeling. Ask yourself if you've been having a hard time.

4 days after the dream of sex workers and shoes.. I had another dream with shoes in it. This other dream was about my mother holding an auction and I being scared that she's going to sell my stuff and in the dream Im looking for my stuff. The shoe part of this dream reads.

The auction now has finished in the front area of the house and has moved outside to sell some of our stuff which has been placed out there. Im going to go out there to make sure none of my stuff is there. I dont have any shoes on thou and my mother says I'll get muddy feet if I go out there without shoes. I look for my shoes but cant quickly find them. So my mother offers me a pair of her blue slippers* to wear out there. I put them on.

I wake up at this point

These dreams left me confused on exactly what the shoe part was refering too. Pay attention to exactly what the shoes in your dreams look like as they may give clues.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Inner Effect

Postby Inner Effect » 13 Apr 2013 01:01

Thanks for your thoughts on the subject, ive only dreamt about shoes so far no other items. I agree that losing them could represent obstacles or difficulties on lifes path, perhaps the confrontation with the guy at the party represented obstacles from other people or a manifestation of my own ego or pride holding me back. The new shoedream was around the time of starting a new job so could represent goals im striving towards, with my sub conscious reminding me of the hard work and commitment involved, and looking for shoes again in the 3rd dream and finding them old and battered is perhaps a reminder to keep progressing forward and not cling to old memories or identities.

Started noticing some other reoccurring themes as well but the dreams have been harder to remember, these shoe ones were very vivid.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
More about Lucid Dreaming on my blog - http://innereffect.wordpress.com/

Return to “Dream Interpretation”