Beginner Dream Control?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
~Dreamer~

Beginner Dream Control?

Postby ~Dreamer~ » 13 Apr 2013 15:14

Ok, so I just had one of my first Lucid Dreams last night! I realized I was dreaming when I walked into a large shopping center. I performed a few reality checks (but may have failed to fully stabilize the dream) and started walking around. I talked to a few people and then realized I left my shoes in the restroom. :roll: The fact that I could not remember how they got there reminded me I was dreaming. I went to the sign that read: "Restrooms" and realized that both the mens and womens room looked completely identical with one going right and the other to the left. The signs that specified which was the mens and which was the womens were broken. A man walked up next to me with a look on his face that indicated he was as confused as I was! :lol: He started to go left but backed off before he could see in. I went right and looked around the corner to see the back of two womens heads and I recognized both of their voices. (They didn't see me) Me and the other man quickley went into the correct room on the left. I washed my hands and walked out forgeting my shoes and losing most of my lucidity. When I got back out into the store a man started yelling at me and chasing me. I remembered in the back of my mind I was dreaming and turned to face him and made a gun shape with my hand and said "POW! POW!" but the shocking thing was that he didn't respond at all! This jolted me awake and it was too late in the morning to re-enter the dream.
"If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple, we couldn't!"

Je-Je

Re: Beginner Dream Control?

Postby Je-Je » 13 Apr 2013 16:15

~Dreamer~ wrote:Ok, so I just had one of my first Lucid Dreams last night! I realized I was dreaming when I walked into a large shopping center. I performed a few reality checks (but may have failed to fully stabilize the dream) and started walking around. I talked to a few people and then realized I left my shoes in the restroom. :roll: The fact that I could not remember how they got there reminded me I was dreaming. I went to the sign that read: "Restrooms" and realized that both the mens and womens room looked completely identical with one going right and the other to the left. The signs that specified which was the mens and which was the womens were broken. A man walked up next to me with a look on his face that indicated he was as confused as I was! :lol: He started to go left but backed off before he could see in. I went right and looked around the corner to see the back of two womens heads and I recognized both of their voices. (They didn't see me) Me and the other man quickley went into the correct room on the left. I washed my hands and walked out forgeting my shoes and losing most of my lucidity. When I got back out into the store a man started yelling at me and chasing me. I remembered in the back of my mind I was dreaming and turned to face him and made a gun shape with my hand and said "POW! POW!" but the shocking thing was that he didn't respond at all! This jolted me awake and it was too late in the morning to re-enter the dream.

It look that even you have done a reality checks, you was still controler by your dream. Correct me if im wrong.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

taniaaust1

Re: Beginner Dream Control?

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Apr 2013 03:32

~Dreamer~ wrote:Ok, so I just had one of my first Lucid Dreams last night! I realized I was dreaming when I walked into a large shopping center. I performed a few reality checks (but may have failed to fully stabilize the dream) and started walking around.

You obviously didnt need to stabilise it as you continued on with it fine. It was already stabilised.

When I got back out into the store a man started yelling at me and chasing me. I remembered in the back of my mind I was dreaming and turned to face him and made a gun shape with my hand and said "POW! POW!" but the shocking thing was that he didn't respond at all! This jolted me awake and it was too late in the morning to re-enter the dream.

You made a beginners mistake here. You play acted in your dream having a gun rather then really created a gun to use :D . Its like real life if you form a gun with your fingers and say "POW POW".. you arent going to shoot anyone. You need to believe you have a real gun to shoot someone.

I suggest next time you need a gun to either look around quickly thinking "I want a gun" to see if you can find one somewhere eg any drawers about to look in or think "gun" and reach into your pocket to pull out a gun or down onto your belt believing you have a hoster with a gun in it there.

Someone more experienced thou may of been able to will a gun directly into hand thinking just "gun" but that is much harder to do and something certainly I wouldnt suggest for a beginner to try to do as you have to then overcome your own waking thoughts kind of thinking of creating something directlly in front of you out of nothing.

Congrats thou on your LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”