Girl with no mouth

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Inner Effect

Girl with no mouth

Postby Inner Effect » 13 Apr 2013 21:53

I had my 2nd Lucid dream this morning, as with my 1st one I was in a semi lucid state for a while with my dream awareness increasing gradually until I reach a point where the details of the dream became very vivid. I was in a scene with a girl with no mouth and a creature resembling a beetle with a shiny black face, I studied the details of this creature thinking how strange it was and started to question why this girl had no mouth, this triggered me into full lucidity and suddenly a mouth materialized on her face. It felt as if she had been hiding something from me, like pretending it was totally normal for someone to have no mouth and then once I became fully aware it was a dream the mouth materialized, it was as if the girl didn't want me to know it was a dream so made her mouth appear to stop me questioning her. I had a big rush of excitement upon realizing this and woke up, but it made me think does our sub conscious want us to be lucid in the dream world or does it try and keep us from reaching this state for a reason?
More about Lucid Dreaming on my blog - http://innereffect.wordpress.com/

mia

Re: Girl with no mouth

Postby mia » 13 Apr 2013 23:31

Good one! The questioning, thinking , remembering, from waking life, brought into a lucid dream, to me, is always a really interesting part of the experience. Good question about your subconscious though. Hmmmm. I wonder.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Apr 2013 04:09

I believe it was your waking expectations, your waking consciousness (lucidity) of that the girl should of had a mouth.. which ended up then subconciousnessly creating it for you.

What we consciously think of when LD often will then appear and you were thinking of that girl having a month by judging it being unusual that you werent seeing one.

This is a great example of just how easily your lucid thoughts can go and affect the dream you'd found yourself in. Just think of something being a certain way to create it.

It felt as if she had been hiding something from me, like pretending it was totally normal for someone to have no mouth

Sounds like too that your waking questioning consciousness felt a little uneasy over that girl having no mouth and hence when one then appeared.. the emotion of feeling uneasy about things continued on.

Watch your thoughts as you could turn your LD into a LD nightmare otherwise.. allowing negative emotions eg fear or distrust into a LD will then often create worsening situations and more and more drama into the LD (till you control your thoughts and emotions better.. its great for spiritual learning).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Inner Effect

Postby Inner Effect » 16 Apr 2013 23:12

Yes it must be a great learning tool seeing your thoughts and emotions manifest the dream environment and characters. Like in the waking world really where your thoughts affect your perception of reality, but in the dream its more immediate and obvious!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
More about Lucid Dreaming on my blog - http://innereffect.wordpress.com/

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”