What are some of your reincurring dream symbols?

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
taniaaust1

What are some of your reincurring dream symbols?

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Apr 2013 03:48

Im curious about what dream symbols people here have for their reincurring ones. I think some symbols would be more commonly reincurring then others and wondered how common my own reincurring ones are.
Anyway.. so what are you reincurring dream symbols?

here's my top 15 reincurring symbols (not in any specific order).

1/ Loose, deformed teeth or teeth falling out (this is quite a classical dream symbol)
2/ Invasion (usually alien invasion thou I dreamed about a japanese invasion this year too).
3/ Lost shoes
4/ Guinea pig dreams (strange to me as I dont have these animals nor have anything to do with them).
5/ Searching for something dreams (searching for a cat, searching for my mother etc.. I can have a whole run of searching dreams).
6/ Being chased (common dream when I was a child)
7/ Handbag dreams (Ive come to realise the handbag as a female symbol is representing me)
8/ Fire dreams (I have these when Im going throu major crisis)
9/ cat dreams (Ive been having lots of dreams of cats or kittens)
10/ Giving birth or baby dreams (Ive dreamed Im giving birth to babies, dreamed I was giving birth to kittens and dreams of litters of reptiles
11/ Reptile dreams (I see weird reptiles..often they've got babies and Im trying to find and save these).
12/ Toilet, poo, wee dreams (usually Im trying to find a suitable toilet).
13/ Hair ball dreams (I have a huge hair ball in my stomach which I just the whole dream are pulling and pulling it out of my mouth).
14/ Singer/singing dreams (this is a recent reincurring symbol for me)
15/ Parasites (being infected or having something infected by these)

Anyway.. share your reincurring dream themes.
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 21 Sep 2013 03:38, edited 2 times in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Inner Effect

Re: What are some of your reincurring dream symbols?

Postby Inner Effect » 13 Apr 2013 20:29

I have ones with fire in quite often, and zombies usually in apocalypse type scenarios.
Trying to find a toilet is a common one, I always assume its because the body actually needs to go in reality or do you think there's more to it as a interpretation?

An old woman keeps appearing in recent dreams, she usually has a message for me but I always lose the memory so quickly after waking up. A shaman / wizard also, maybe its the same character manifested in different forms.
More about Lucid Dreaming on my blog - http://innereffect.wordpress.com/

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 14 Apr 2013 00:11

-I had lots of "Loose, deformed teeth or teeth falling out" for years. My real teeth were a little crooked. This stopped last year after i removed my braces.
-Alien invasion. I dream a lot about these too.
-The end of the world. Kinda like the movie "2012". All things destroyed.
-Being without pants and shoes.
-Many people attacking me and me fighting them with amazing martial art skills (and i never practiced in real life).
-People disapearing, leaving me alone in the area.

I guess i have nore, but those are the more recurring ones.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 14 Apr 2013 00:42

Inner Effect wrote:I have ones with fire in quite often, and zombies usually in apocalypse type scenarios.
Trying to find a toilet is a common one, I always assume its because the body actually needs to go in reality or do you think there's more to it as a interpretation?

An old woman keeps appearing in recent dreams, she usually has a message for me but I always lose the memory so quickly after waking up. A shaman / wizard also, maybe its the same character manifested in different forms.

When a reoccurring dream figure comes with messages, I would take them seriously those are special and I find the messages also prove to be real.

As my dream signs go, i often dream I'm at highschool even though I dropped out.
Also, just like really really beautiful girls I've never met before.
For some reason, while lucid dreaming i find all the sudden Im chewing a bunch of gum, like too much and I have to dig some out of my mouth. That one still confuses me haha.
My teeth is a big one too, as I see other people experience. It's interesting, I take horrible care of my teeth. The dreams remind to take better care of them!
For the most part though, my dream signs never remain consistent. It's weird.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Apr 2013 07:16

Inner Effect wrote: Trying to find a toilet is a common one, I always assume its because the body actually needs to go in reality or do you think there's more to it as a interpretation?

Probably also always a good idea to think of poo and wee dreams as being symbolic as well when we have those.

A couple of examples of those symbolics are.. if you find yourself poo in your dreams or want to poo.. it could mean that you have a lot of crap/shit going on in your life. My think the not being able to find a toilet part of these dreams hence you cant get rid of the crap means that the situation isnt sorting out. That certainly was the case the other day when I had a pooed my pants dream (poo in pants represented the problems I was having were quite personal) and in the same dream I'd also dreamed I pissed the bed. I had been very pissed off the day before I had that dream due to some shit some government agencies had put me throu and yeah I couldnt find a toilet, needless the say the situations arent fully sorted out yet..

Dreaming you are constipated I'd think would mean the issues are ongoing and being "hard" to sort out (hence the nuggets I had in my pants).

Poo and wee dreams can be quite interesting ones.

mia

Postby mia » 15 Apr 2013 15:30

Carl Jung felt that dreams of going to the toilet were creative dreams ( transformation; you know; ha ha).

My recurring symbols: cats, or kittens that need my help; house interiors ( many the same ones); yes toilets (often in the unlikeliest of places); bathing and bathtubs. I won't count the countless dreams of work where I have to be in control but am neglecting my responsibilities or things are out of control. Cooking; I know there's more yet.
Last edited by mia on 17 Apr 2013 14:47, edited 1 time in total.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Inner Effect

Postby Inner Effect » 16 Apr 2013 22:43

LucidLink wrote:When a reoccurring dream figure comes with messages, I would take them seriously those are special and I find the messages also prove to be real.
[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

I always get a sense that they are profound messages, last time it was very cryptic or at least what I remember was. I need to become lucid I think to really remember and understand the message.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Inner Effect

Postby Inner Effect » 16 Apr 2013 22:53

One of my friends is constantly in my dreams, Ive had at least 2 or 3 dreams about her per week for the last few months, usually reocurring kinds of situations. They are mostly pleasant dreams but im starting to wonder why I dream about her so much as shes not even in the country im in at the moment so havnt seen her since Oct last year. What could it mean to dream about 1 person so much?

Lys

Postby Lys » 17 Apr 2013 14:02

I dream alot about zombies and running (not escaping, just running.) No clue of what it represents

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Apr 2013 02:12

Inner Effect wrote:One of my friends is constantly in my dreams, Ive had at least 2 or 3 dreams about her per week for the last few months, usually reocurring kinds of situations. They are mostly pleasant dreams but im starting to wonder why I dream about her so much as shes not even in the country im in at the moment so havnt seen her since Oct last year. What could it mean to dream about 1 person so much?

Consider if this character of your friend could be representing you in some way in the dreams eg think of what aspects of you are like her.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”