The dreams of a 14 years old

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Lys

The dreams of a 14 years old

Postby Lys » 14 Apr 2013 16:43

Hello, my name is Tove (swedish) but I prefer Lys. I have been LD for a little while now, but very randomly, I can have no LDs in a month or three times in a row.
I've read alot around this subject, I'm very interested in it. I have no metods and I don't know how to use them or wich one to choose, I just simply dream and suddenly realise that it is a dream. When I dream lucid, I have full movement controll, I have been flying several times now, robbed a choclate shop ( :D ), kissed my boyfriend (before we where together) and so on. I enyoy LDs very much and think they are amazing, and I would be exited to learn more if it weren't for one thing.

I am really scared.

Last night I read at this blog/site for the first time and thought alot about lucid dreaming when I went to sleep. The only problem is my deep fear of having a paralyzation or OBE. I have really negative thoughts about this, I don't know why. So last night I was thinking and thinking and I couldn't relax my mind, even tough my body was very tired. I could almost feel how my legs gained weight and how my eyes couldn't focus. But when I tried to relax I had this weird tingeling feeling in my feet and legs and I got so scared I woke myself up. I repeated this in four hours. Then I got so tired my body fell asleep. I didn't. I lied down for half a minute or so trying to move my feet but I couldn't. Then I remembered a tip on this site (Thanks Rebecca) and started to move my toes, and my body slowly came to life again. After this I went to sleep in my brothers room because I was to afraid to stay in mine. I had a dream (not a LD one) about swimming or something. I can't remember clearly because when I woke up, instead of trying to remember my entire dream I tried to fall asleep and countinue dreaming. I failed, off course, because if you try to sleep you only wake yourself up. Kind of.

I am really comfused about all this, my family don't understand this phenomen at all, my friends think I am nuts and the only one I know in real life who also has LDs is my grandpa who is living three miles away. I just don't know what to belive or if it's worth it. Thats why I joined the forum, I need tips for how to controll your subconscious so it doesn't makes reality of my deepest fears. Thanks very much for answer.

LucidLink

Re: The dreams of a 14 years old

Postby LucidLink » 14 Apr 2013 17:07

Franklin D. Roasvelt, an American president in the past once said "The only thing to fear, is fear itself."
It's a powerful quote that shows fear itself is an illusion. Fear comes from a lack of understanding, we fear the unknown. But in reality, fear is nothing but an obstacle stopping us from completing our goals in life. By letting fear stopping us from doing something, (and this goes for anything in life, not just lucid dreaming) we are just letting ourselves stop ourselves. Fear is an illusion. We miss 100 percent of the shots we don't take.

Plus, when it comes to lucid dreaming specificly, there is nothing to fear. OBEs are completely natural and safe. You are fearing something this because you don't understand. I recommend you trust yourself and learn to counqer fear. Also do some research on lucid dreams and OBEs as to gain some understanding which to leads to no fear. I'm also sure a couple others on these forums will have some good advice.

Overall, I implore you to continue lucid dreaming. It IS WORTH it and completely safe. It is amazing that somone as young as you has begun lucid dreaming. It would be a shame for you to quit because of something as silly as fear! I am 19, and I have OBEs quite often. They lead to the most powerful and amazing lucid dreams of all!

Fear is just an obstacle to overcome, and then we grow from overcoming that obstacle. We fear to grow from overcoming it.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Lys

Postby Lys » 14 Apr 2013 19:22

I've read a little about OBE. It seems like they are quite simular to lucid dreams, or I mean that you can convert a sleep paralysis to a OBE/Lucid dream. The thing I am the most scared of is that my fear will turn into something that represents it, in form of a monster or something simular. But everybody says that as long as you keep calm and relax nothing will happen. In worst case, it will only be one night more.
I really want to improve my lucid dreaming... I guess I have to face what I fear. In a OBE, is it like you are some sort of soul? Or is it more like standing inside of my room in the middle of the night and staring at my own body?

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 14 Apr 2013 21:04

Hey Lys, dont be scare of sleep paralysis.Think of what can bring you a sleep paralysis;
1st you have trick your body.
2nd you can enter immediately a dream consciously.
3rd its a new experience that you never have in your life.

Think that sleep paralysis is an advantage or a positive for us Lucid dreamer. Dont think negative.

My method that i use; reality checks, WBTB, and sometime the MILD.

You are free to chose your own method Lys.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 14 Apr 2013 21:16

Lys wrote:I've read a little about OBE. It seems like they are quite simular to lucid dreams, or I mean that you can convert a sleep paralysis to a OBE/Lucid dream. The thing I am the most scared of is that my fear will turn into something that represents it, in form of a monster or something simular. But everybody says that as long as you keep calm and relax nothing will happen. In worst case, it will only be one night more.
I really want to improve my lucid dreaming... I guess I have to face what I fear. In a OBE, is it like you are some sort of soul? Or is it more like standing inside of my room in the middle of the night and staring at my own body?

When I OBE, I begin to vibrate intensely. Sometimes strange pictures flash by in my head and it feels like things are clicking in my brain. Eventually when I've been in that state long enough, I literally roll out of my body.

Now to answer your question, your just your dream body, just like you'd be in any lucid dream. The only difference when I OBE, is that I end up in a dream version of my house lucid, as opposed to a normal lucid dream where I'm already caught up in the middle of a dream and some place relating to that dream. It's great though, because when I OBE I never get swept up in the dream, because there is nothing going on, it's just me in my house! It's also always unbelieveably realistic. So realistic infact, sometimes I think I've actually woke up and I need to do a reality check to make sure;p

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Apr 2013 00:45

Your fear may well end up creating for you a fake sleep paralyses state ie you may think you are in sleep paralyses but in fact you may only be dreaming you are. Your fear may also end up creating a dream monster for you seeing this is how you are worrying about this.

I suggest think about this whole thing in a logical kind of way till you have dealt with your fears. eg Sleep paralyses can be broken by focusing hard on a finger and toe and trying to wiggle it till you do so and as you said.. what is really to fear with a sleep paralyses state? Ive heard that if there was an emergency kind of situation eg say a fire broke out in your physical house, that would naturally bring someone straight out of the sleep paralyses. We do worst each night while we are alseep.. anything could occur in our physical homes while we were unawarely asleep.. at least if you are in sleep paralyses.. you still are consciously aware and hence able to know what is happening and respond to it.

Say your fear did create a monster ... it doesnt really matter anyway if you know you are awake as you can then do things to deal with the monster.. and what can that monster do other then scare you?. We all are capable of controlling our LDs. LDs are a great way of learning how to face fears so all this should be welcomed instead of feared. If you see a monster in your LD what should you do? I think you should plan for this event seeing you are so afraid.. whatever you do, do not run as that just will make the dream worst. Figure out now how you'd deal with if you did get a monster in your dream... do you think you could stand up for yourself and tell it to go away? .. or find a gun in your dream (check out your pocket for one) and shoot it? Become determined to face your fears.

Dont think of being scared and instead try hard to do these and work on facing anything which scares you.

As far as OBE goes.. everyone leaves their physical bodies during the night. You do it every night even if you do it unaware. So that shouldnt scare you either.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Lys

Postby Lys » 15 Apr 2013 06:30

You seem to talk alot about different metods, are there any basic ones? Exept for keeping dreamjournal off course

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”