Do you teach DC's the techniques of LD?

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
Highlander

Do you teach DC's the techniques of LD?

Postby Highlander » 14 Apr 2013 13:17

Do you teach dream characters the techniques of LD when you are dreaming? It happens to me mostly when I'm dreaming that i'm with my brothers.
I have 2 brothers and in a dream i told them they were dreaming and they could do whatever they wanted. And there they went all happy.
In another dream, I tried to teach one of them how to fly. I could fly, but he could only jump high.
In today's dream, i showed them the mirror technique (our reflection in the mirror is different) and again the technique of flight. Always after these demonstrations, they are convinced that they are dreaming and off they go exploring. But I know they are not my brothers, they are only characters in the dream.

Instead of exploring the dream, i tend mosttly to teach them. I do not know why. Maybe because i want them to experience it too.

lucidinthe sky

Re: Do you teach DC's the techniques of LD?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 14 Apr 2013 18:38

Yes, I've tried to teach DCs about lucid dreaming. Sometimes succesfully, sometimes not. In one lucid dream, I told a DC that I was dreaming and then said "You can look at your hands and tell." She looked at her hands and got totally excited and started crying."I'm dreaming too!" she said.

Another time I tried to explain the same thing to another DC. First I asked him if he remembers his dreams and he said "Yes." He didn't seem very interested but I continued anyway. Soon after that, I explained reality checks and said, "See you can look at your hands". To that he said "Well, you know my eyes are not that good." I gave up at that point.

I tried to take one flying in my most recent LD and that was interesting, but he just flat out refused to try.

In general though, I think talking about dreaming to DCs hasn't been worth the bother, but then most of the conversation with DCs is pretty much a waste of time.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 14 Apr 2013 20:42

No, but i will try tonight, cuz i know tonight my subconscious(a dream character will show me that im dreaming). And im sure and you will see tomorrow i will comment on your forum.

Peace everyone
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Apr 2013 09:09

No Ive never found myself doing that in a LD as Im aware in the dream that they are just DCs and not real people and hence have no interest in trying to teach LD stuff to something which is just a figment of my own subconsciousness (and our subconsciousness as a whole already knows everything anyway). It doesnt make any sense to me to be doing that.

If I was out of body thou and came across a novice astral projector.. I wouldnt then mind at all helping him/her out and teaching them something there (as I do love to teach).. but that would be cause they was a real person and not a figment of my imagination (I'd get the persons name and afterwards try to contact them in real life).

I truely dont understand how you guys/girls are getting a kick out of teaching things which dont exist. To me that would be no different then if I did some art work and then decided to paint a smile on the arts face to make it happy (thou those DCs do look completely real).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 15 Apr 2013 09:26

taniaaust1 wrote:No Ive never found myself doing that in a LD as Im aware in the dream that they are just DCs and not real people and hence have no interest in trying to teach LD stuff to something which is just a figment of my own subconsciousness (and our subconsciousness as a whole already knows everything anyway). It doesnt make any sense to me to be doing that.

I understand that. Maybe i'm not 100% lucid. I mean, i know that i'm dreaming, that the scenario is a product of my imagination, but my brothers seem so real in my dreams that i guess it's the only element in the dream that i think it's real.
It's like i know that i'm in a dream along with them, and not with the mere image of them.
For that reason, i spend my time teaching them. But it's fun, all in all. Sometimes "they" give me ideas to do stuff.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Apr 2013 13:01

I do thou think its whether you are having fun as you said.. which counts :)

yeah you hit the nail on the head.. I percieve them just to be images hence cant have fun with them like that (Im usually quite conscious in my LDs.. most of the time I have the same amount of waking consciousness in my dreams as I do in real life (thou not always). Having so much waking consciousness in my LDs makes me most of the time want to just completely ignore the DCs...(and funnily they also ignore me most of the time.. copy cats :lol: )

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 16 Apr 2013 17:06

taniaaust1 wrote:I truely dont understand how you guys/girls are getting a kick out of teaching things which dont exist. To me that would be no different then if I did some art work and then decided to paint a smile on the arts face to make it happy (thou those DCs do look completely real).

I think DCs do exist because we exist and they are parts of ourselves. They have the answers because we have the answers inside us.

The problem for us I think is that we block our own access to the answers inside ourselves and dreams are a place where we are more open. For that reason, DCs can give us answers that we might not otherwise hear in waking life. Maybe we are not teaching them, but they are teaching us because they (we) already have the answers inside us or access the answers. A lot of my conversations with DCs are pretty meaningless, but occasionally they come up with something that is a total surprise. I tried to teach a DC about using your hands for a reality check this morning and got a very surprising answer. Posted about it in Lucid Dreams section.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Apr 2013 08:19

lucidinthe sky wrote:The problem for us I think is that we block our own access to the answers inside ourselves and dreams are a place where we are more open. For that reason, DCs can give us answers that we might not otherwise hear in waking life. Maybe we are not teaching them, but they are teaching us because they (we) already have the answers inside us or access the answers.

I do agree with that. They are part of your subconsciousness and your subconsciousness already knows everything... I guess that's why this thread didnt make sense to me.

A lot of my conversations with DCs are pretty meaningless, but occasionally they come up with something that is a total surprise. I tried to teach a DC about using your hands for a reality check this morning and got a very surprising answer. Posted about it in Lucid Dreams section.

I'll check it out :) .. They an be surprising at times.. I dont think they are completely meaningless.

Return to “Dream Characters”