do you tell others you have lucid dreams?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
mia

do you tell others you have lucid dreams?

Postby mia » 14 Apr 2013 23:39

I never thought to mention this to anyone in years past, because I assumed it was a normal dreaming experience. As you know, just very recently I discovered this wasn't the case. So. I brought it up with a friend yesterday; sort of asking if she has experienced such a thing. I'm sorry I brought it up; I was very embarrassed that she didn't know what I was talking about; I tried to explain it to her a bit, and I got some very clear 'vibes' from her that she was uncomfortable and perhaps 'suspicious' about my 'sanity'. I'm not doing THAT again! :cry:
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

lucidinthe sky

Re: do you tell others you have lucid dreams?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 15 Apr 2013 00:09

I have told a lot of people about lucid dreaming because it's just so amazing, I want so much to share my experiences with others. That's natural. I get embarrassed sometimes too, but I just think if only you could come with me, then you understand what I'm talking about and it would make sense.

Just remember, the only reason they are not excited about it is because they haven't experienced it. I can't imagine how anyone could have some of the lucid dream experiences I have had and not be running around telling people. To me, it's like you visited another planet and came back to talk about it with other people. Of course you are going to be way more excited then they are. You just wish they could have along with you.

This is an interesting topic and isn't really "off topic" so you should post it in the General Lucid section. :D
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 15 Apr 2013 01:48

I've told many people.

Although, I always try to speak within their ability to listen and accept what I'm referring to.
I talk to people about astral projection as well, I just don't call it astral projection. I know the limits of most of the people I talk to, so I try to stay within them.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 15 Apr 2013 07:47

I have never told to my friends, niether my parents. I have just told to my brother, i have said;
-''do you remember the film Inception''
-''yes''
-''In real life, can we control our dream like in the film''
-''No, or maybe''.
If he has told yes, i will talk about lucid dreaming with him.

I talk only with people who are interester, otherwise im not going to bord people with that.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Apr 2013 10:36

Ive talked to many people about the various things I do (many much stranger then LD :D )..but only usually do so if I know they will be receptive in some way towards it. It should be fine to talk about this kind of thing but just make sure you know the person well enough or know they will be receptive to it.

I thou like to at times push people to the border of their receptivity.. eg take them just a wee wee step further like the next level of where their current believes are now. eg at this site I will mention things at times which go a bit (for some a lot :D ) beyond the LD stuff and into harder stuff to believe (I like to open peoples minds to what I know are things out there). I would do that here as there is some openness here anyway.. but wouldnt do that to an every day person in real life. (thou if they are into stuff like LD and other stuff.. I then can talk further then about things like I do here).

You just need to find out peoples own experiences and how open they are.. to know just how much you can say without causing issues for yourself eg it wouldnt be good to say too much and have a friend start avoiding you as you have made them feel uncomfortable due to going beyond their own beliefs too much). Test the waters first before opening yourself up too much.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Apr 2013 10:49

mia wrote: . So. I brought it up with a friend yesterday; sort of asking if she has experienced such a thing. I'm sorry I brought it up; I was very embarrassed that she didn't know what I was talking about; I tried to explain it to her a bit, and I got some very clear 'vibes' from her that she was uncomfortable and perhaps 'suspicious' about my 'sanity'. I'm not doing THAT again! :cry:

I'll give an example of how I'd test out this subject with say a friend who I didnt know at all how they'd respond.

me: "I love to dream... do you ever get interested in your dreams?"
(wait for a response..often the other will then start telling about their dreams).
me: I sometimes have these strange dreams in which its like Im awake in them...
(wait for a response... is the other interested or not? I can drop the convo at this point or take it further.. just slowly and being very careful with how I say things, so I can stop before a friend ever gets too uncomfortable).

You can learn how deep you can go without making the other feel too uncomfortable with all kinds of strange subjects if you go slow enough with people testing the waters out the whole time. eg Most I can tell I do things like reiki and spiritual healing... very few I could tell Ive been called upon to try to fix a full spirit possession or that Im probably a walk-in starseed (thou at times that in real life has been discussed with people). I know just how far I can take subjects with my family and friends.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

mia

Postby mia » 15 Apr 2013 14:44

That's why a forum like this is a good thing. Everyone knows what you're talking about and that you're not crazy. ;)
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 15 Apr 2013 14:58

I told my family (brothers, parents, grandma), because some of them had some experiences but did not know that this had a name. And they are very open-minded. Now i'm teaching them some techniques.
I didn't tell my friends yet. I will tell only if i know that he/she is an open-minded person.

Je-Je wrote:...I have never told to my friends, niether my parents. I have just told to my brother, i have said;
-''do you remember the film Inception''
-''yes''

Last week i could tell this to my brother in this way:
-"Do you remember on Inception where the girl bended an entire city?"
-"Yes."
-"I did it on our street, on yesterday's dream."

Kaylium

Postby Kaylium » 15 Apr 2013 19:46

Shouldn't be too hard. In fact, I think its something you can brag about to others. Lucid Dreaming is an ability not many have developed. :D

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 16 Apr 2013 02:37

I've told family and friends. Some already know about it. For those who don't, they ask me about it and I explain it as simple as possible. It usually goes like this:
Me: "I'm into this thing called lucid dreaming"
Person: " What's that?"
Me: "It's where you are in a dream and you know you're in a dream, then you do whatever you want"
Person: "Oh"
Me: "... :| (do they even know what I'm talking about or care? :? )"
Some people ask me what I do in my dreams and I tell them what I usually do.
I told my parents but I'm not sure how much they truly understand lucid dreaming. They like that it's influenced me to meditate though.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Return to “Off-Topic”