HELP!!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
caine thornley

HELP!!

Postby caine thornley » 01 May 2011 18:31

HI,
IM NEW TO LUCID DREAMING AND OBE'S I HAVE CURRENTLY WATCHED ALL OF "LUCIDOLOGY 101" AND READ A BOOK HOWEVER HAD ONLY HAD 1 SUCCESS BUT THAT WAS BEGINNERS LUCK BECAUSE IT WAS COMPULSIVE AND ACCIDENTAL WHERE I BECAME CONCIOUSE IN MY DREAM. MY QUESTION IS FOR THE WILD TECHNIQUE WHAT EXACTLEY DO YOU DO? WHAT I MEAN BY THAT IS AM I RIGHT TO SAY:

1) LIE DOWN ON YOUR BACK WITH YOUR ARMS AT YOUR SIDE AND YOUR LEGS SLIGHTLEY SPACED APART
2) CLOSE YOUR EYES AND OBSERVE THE HYP.... IMAGERY (CANT SPELL IT) :o
3) NOW, DO YOU STAY AWAKE BUT STAY AWARE OF THE SENSATIONS ON YOUR BODY OR FALL ASLEEP INTO ONE OF THE IMAGES AND IF I DO WILL IT BE LUCID???????????????/
:D :D :D :D :D :D

jake

Re: HELP!!

Postby jake » 01 May 2011 18:48

First off its best to do this technique when you wake up in the middle of the night or are about to take a nap or in the morning when you wake up a little to early.

Next, you do technically fall asleep but you will want to stay aware of you doing so through the entire process.

caine thornley

Postby caine thornley » 01 May 2011 18:50

WHEN YOU SAY "STAY AWARE" WHEN THAT HAPPENS DO YOU GET SLEEP PARALASIS?? :? :? :? :D (ANYONE CAN ANSWER THIS IF YOU KNOW THE ANSWER)----can somebody please answer this :)

Ancient

Postby Ancient » 03 May 2011 02:04

To begin with, stop using caps lock. It isn't necessary by any means.

Sleep paralysis is a warm, heavy sensation. It will feel like a blanket has been tightly tucked around you, or as if you are sinking into the surface of your bed. If feel this and are unable to move, you are in SP
Tool
Sleep
Portal
Gojira
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Am I Dreaming?--------------------------------------------------------- ?gnimaerD I mA

caine thornley

Postby caine thornley » 03 May 2011 11:25

okay thats been noted thanks, however that still doesent exactley answer my question.... allow me to rephrase. when you lie still for a long time does your body paralise while you are perfectley aware :roll:

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 03 May 2011 12:41

Yes. If you lie still, and let your body completely relax (as if you're going to fall asleep), yet keep focused on staying conscious and dreaming lucidly, then you may feel the sleep paralysis.

(Did you know that you enter SP every night while dreaming? It's just your mind is asleep so you don't feel it.)

However sometimes you can be so focused on the dream world emerging that you don't even feel the SP. I have had WILDs where I was meditating one minute and popping into the lucid dream the next - I felt no paralysis because I wasn't focused on it.

Other people go through feeling the SP fully every time because that's part of their process. I don't think we really have a huge choice in the matter, it depends in how the induction works for you and what you're used to focusing on. I have felt sleep paralysis on other occasions, so I know it happens. I think if you can pop right into an LD without being aware of extensive SP, you are better off - for me it just feels like an easier transition.

Shade
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom - Upper East Side, Manhattan, USA

Postby Shade » 04 May 2011 01:02

Hey,

If your new to Lucid Dreaming then i wouldn't recommend attempting WILD at all until you have experience using beginner techniques such as DILD/MILD. I personally prefer WILD but initially i started with a WBTB/MILD combo to rack up some experience but then realised that my 'body and mind' preferred the WILD technique. It may be the same for you but from what ive seen and learned its not common. Most report success with DILD as there main induction technique.

Also, just on a side note, theres almost universal agreement among academics that OBEs (pseudoscience) and Lucid Dreams (scientifically validated) are the same thing (especially when induced using WILD) so unless your kinda 'new agey' i think it would be beneficial for you to consider them as one and the same.

You should also remember the fact that some people, you might be one of them, never or seldom feel any sensation during sleep paralysis. Which is a good thing mind lol.

hope i helped :D

SHADE

caine thornley

Postby caine thornley » 04 May 2011 17:22

Cheers for that iv tried doing some reserch and so far infomation is abit overwhelming as there is alot to take in........ this website seems to be good for me as it is people talking to "you" rather than everyone in gernerall so is it too much to ask for a step by step guide on what you you think i should do using the techniques you feel are best for me. iv been trying for ages now and there is NO WAY that im going to lose belife and i will keep trying but i think im a bit inconsistent because i keep switching techniques based on different websites i visit. thanks.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 05 May 2011 02:10

Hi Caine

I have written out many of the most popular lucid dreaming techniques in step-by-step format on the site:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/lucid-dreaming-techniques.html

As a beginner I think you should focus on:
- dream journaling
- reality checks
- daily breathing meditation before bed
- MILD / incubation

If you have time you should try the sleep cycle adjustment techniques like WBTB and CAT as these are very effective for everyone, including beginners.

caine thornley

Postby caine thornley » 05 May 2011 09:30

cool , cheers i currently have a dream journal because i read about that on another website. i'll check out that web address. :D :D :D :D :lol:

Return to “For Beginners”