oh my, first lucid dream, little worried.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
deankenny

oh my, first lucid dream, little worried.

Postby deankenny » 15 Apr 2013 11:12

So i watched total recall and decided to look into having a lucid dream. I came across a iphone app called Dream:on which detects your sleep pattern then plays a sound at the exact right time to allow you to lucid dream.

So i downloaded it with an open mind, set it up, and set it to lucid dream papparazzi which is meant to make me the centre of attention etc.

It was taking a little longer for me to sleep than usual, but i knew i was dropping off very soon, then i heard my phone make the sound and as soon as it did, all my body when tingly, all those werid rainbow colours i could see behind my eyelids were going mental and dancing like crazy, and i finally entered a dream, it was in kind of 2 parts.

The first was in an estate agents and i was wrecking the place, i picked up the phone and smashed it, then the second part was in the hardcore pawn shop from the tv show, and i was trying to smash the windows with items inside the shop, i knew exactly what i was doing, heres the weird bit, after smashing things up i was thirsty, and in the dream i knew i had a opened can of coke on the sidetable in real life, i simply got out my dream drank some coke, then went straight back to the dream in full control.

The lucid dream was fun and its the first time ive experienced this, but the worrying part was the entry to this dream on the noise from my phone, it triggered my body to feel really weird and also my head, should i be worried, i want to do it again tonight, but it was a really weird feeling.

LucidLink

Re: oh my, first lucid dream, little worried.

Postby LucidLink » 15 Apr 2013 15:25

Everyone finds those feelings scary at first, but they are completely natural ;) if you have those feelings, then you know you are already dreaming there is just no dream world yet, but soon you will be experienceing a WILD, the most powerful of lucid dreams.

That app is a good app, it takes some people months to learn to lucid dream. You are lucky :) so, do not be afraid of the vibrations or strange feelings, they are safe and natural and you should embrace them!

(The first time I felt those feelings, it was very intense, so intense instead of entering the dream like you did I woke myself up because I thought I was going to die! However now I know, they are safe and I embrace them :) )

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

deankenny

Postby deankenny » 15 Apr 2013 16:59

its one of those feelings you cannot truly explain unless one feels it!

Still now im not quite sure what process i went through, i say as soon as i heard the iphone make the sound i started feeling these things, or was the sound already playing and it allowed me to wake just enough to realise i am in a dream, i dont know?

Either way i am now fully into trying to lucid dream more often tonight starting from tonight, i been watching youtube vids and reading forums all day, the WILD technique seems quite long and hard to remember all parts, what technique would any suggest for a beginner, simple and easy introduction to lucid dreaming?

Hypnosnail

Postby Hypnosnail » 16 Apr 2013 00:25

Some of the feelings might be associated with the song you chose. If you've seen the video, you know what I mean. ;)

You could try recording your own voice saying something like, "Dean, you're dreaming! You can do what you want now!" which would be less jarring. Maybe repeat it a few times.
Lucid Dream using hypnosis: From the Mikandi store, download the Hypnosnail App.

deankenny

Postby deankenny » 16 Apr 2013 00:43

hi hypnosnail, what video are you referring to, do you mean the song from the app ?

Hypnosnail

Postby Hypnosnail » 16 Apr 2013 01:34

Yes, maybe I misunderstood, but does it play the song "papparazzi" from lady gaga, as an indicator to tell you that you're dreaming?

After re-reading you message, I see I might be wrong. :lol:
Lucid Dream using hypnosis: From the Mikandi store, download the Hypnosnail App.

deankenny

Postby deankenny » 16 Apr 2013 01:49

Hypnosnail wrote:Yes, maybe I misunderstood, but does it play the song "papparazzi" from lady gaga, as an indicator to tell you that you're dreaming?

No, although i did not listen to it long enough while i was aware to recognise much, it definately is not copyrighted music, as far as im aware its specially selected sounds to stimulate you subconcious into reacting it with your dream, so im guessing maybe cameras clicking off, lots of ppl talking, cheering maybe i dont know, but just an example.

Im really wanting to start my lucid quest properly tonight, but im afraid as i dont feel tired enough to sleep, and im scared i will just lie there awake for too long and get bored and get back up :(

Cloverfield

Postby Cloverfield » 16 Apr 2013 10:48

deankenny wrote:
Hypnosnail wrote:Yes, maybe I misunderstood, but does it play the song "papparazzi" from lady gaga, as an indicator to tell you that you're dreaming?

No, although i did not listen to it long enough while i was aware to recognise much, it definately is not copyrighted music, as far as im aware its specially selected sounds to stimulate you subconcious into reacting it with your dream, so im guessing maybe cameras clicking off, lots of ppl talking, cheering maybe i dont know, but just an example.

Im really wanting to start my lucid quest properly tonight, but im afraid as i dont feel tired enough to sleep, and im scared i will just lie there awake for too long and get bored and get back up :(

I downloaded an app very similar to Dream:ON last night and I was so excited to test it out and become lucid I couldn't pysically sleep. I ended up getting back up at 2, going on the Internet for an hour and sleeping again at 3. Apparently I had 2 dreams but I don't remember either. I'm going to try Dream:ON tonight and use the only lucid one they have available. The Tokyo one.

deankenny

Postby deankenny » 16 Apr 2013 11:09

if you do use dream:on i have found a small bug.

IT says to put the phone on silent before you place it upside down, but if your phone is already on silent before you open the app then no soundscape will play, if you open the up with phone not in silent, then turn it to silent when you place it upside down then the soundscape will work. I found this out last night :( and didnt work.

I also tried to lucid dream by repating to myself i will lucid dream tonight over and over, i wasnt that tired so took me over an hour to drop off, i remember dropping in and out of dream state for 1-2 seconds at some periods, one made me jolt quite hard as i entered in and out quick, unfortunately no lucid dream for me last night :( no matter how much i told myself too. I will keep trying

Cloverfield

Postby Cloverfield » 16 Apr 2013 11:33

deankenny wrote:if you do use dream:on i have found a small bug.

IT says to put the phone on silent before you place it upside down, but if your phone is already on silent before you open the app then no soundscape will play, if you open the up with phone not in silent, then turn it to silent when you place it upside down then the soundscape will work. I found this out last night :( and didnt work.

I also tried to lucid dream by repating to myself i will lucid dream tonight over and over, i wasnt that tired so took me over an hour to drop off, i remember dropping in and out of dream state for 1-2 seconds at some periods, one made me jolt quite hard as i entered in and out quick, unfortunately no lucid dream for me last night :( no matter how much i told myself too. I will keep trying

I didn't even notice that is said to put it on silent. Where does it say this??

Return to “For Beginners”