Favorite Movie?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Favorite Movie?

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Mar 2013 11:32

I have too many favourite movies to list (Im a real movie fan).

District 9 was good as it was sooo different. It made me cry :lol: They did such a great job at making you feel sorry for those very ugly aliens.
I liked The Butterfly Effect and Pulp Fiction.

Rabbit Proof Fence is very good and I recommend it to everyone (another movie which made me cry, its a true story). Its my favourite Aussie move.

My favourite aussie movie as a child 25-30 years ago was Storm Boy..that was so so long ago. As a child my favourite movies were The Neverending Story and ET haha when it first came out (that one made me cry)... movies back then werent like they are today..so many special effects in the movies now.
I also liked Toy Story and was a fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. As a child Jaws, Children of the Corn, Nightmare on Elm Street scared the crap out of me. (I'd hide behind my parents lounge and watch the series Prisoner with tv turned down low haha).

I watched the first season of the series Breaking Bad not long ago and found that soo funny.

Some great movies which I say are must see movies if you havent done so are
- Schindler's List (another which will make you cry)
- The Shawshank Redemption
- The Godfather
- The Matrix


Other movies I really liked are The Twilight movies, Underworld and Blade (movies for vampire movie lovers), City of Angels, X-Men movies, Avatar, Cast Away, The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas, Harry Potter, Night at the Museum (Im such a kid at times)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: Favorite Movie?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 21 Mar 2013 02:30

taniaaust1 wrote:I have too many favourite movies to list (Im a real movie fan).

District 9 was good as it was sooo different. It made me cry :lol: They did such a great job at making you feel sorry for those very ugly aliens.
I liked The Butterfly Effect and Pulp Fiction.

Rabbit Proof Fence is very good and I recommend it to everyone (another movie which made me cry, its a true story). Its my favourite Aussie move.

My favourite aussie movie as a child 25-30 years ago was Storm Boy..that was so so long ago. As a child my favourite movies were The Neverending Story and ET haha when it first came out (that one made me cry)... movies back then werent like they are today..so many special effects in the movies now.
I also liked Toy Story and was a fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. As a child Jaws, Children of the Corn, Nightmare on Elm Street scared the crap out of me. (I'd hide behind my parents lounge and watch the series Prisoner with tv turned down low haha).

I watched the first season of the series Breaking Bad not long ago and found that soo funny.

Some great movies which I say are must see movies if you havent done so are
- Schindler's List (another which will make you cry)
- The Shawshank Redemption
- The Godfather
- The Matrix


Other movies I really liked are The Twilight movies, Underworld and Blade (movies for vampire movie lovers), City of Angels, X-Men movies, Avatar, Cast Away, The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas, Harry Potter, Night at the Museum (Im such a kid at times)


Nice choices!
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
Je-Je
Posts: 340
Joined: 26 Mar 2013 12:41
Location: Somewhere in DreamWorld

Re: Favorite Movie?

Postby Je-Je » 06 Apr 2013 10:42

Me:
-Inception
-Avatar
-Hulk2 and in Average also
-Spiderman 3
-Matrix 1999, and the 2 other
-Superman, cuz he fly faster than the sound.
There are a lot more but i dont remember :roll:
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Favorite Movie?

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Apr 2013 10:32

Je-Je wrote:Me:
-Inception
-Avatar
-Hulk2 and in Average also
-Spiderman 3
-Matrix 1999, and the 2 other
-Superman, cuz he fly faster than the sound.
There are a lot more but i dont remember :roll:


Im such a kid.. at over 40 years old.. I still love watching superman.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: Favorite Movie?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 12 Apr 2013 02:56

taniaaust1 wrote:
Je-Je wrote:Me:
-Inception
-Avatar
-Hulk2 and in Average also
-Spiderman 3
-Matrix 1999, and the 2 other
-Superman, cuz he fly faster than the sound.
There are a lot more but i dont remember :roll:


Im such a kid.. at over 40 years old.. I still love watching superman.


Hey, all adults are, are just kids that have been around longer.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
mia
Posts: 305
Joined: 03 Apr 2013 02:35
Location: CANADA

Re: Favorite Movie?

Postby mia » 12 Apr 2013 04:11

The Sheltering Sky
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3179
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: Favorite Movie?

Postby HAGART » 13 Apr 2013 22:27

District 9 is alright. And like many other people, how can I say I have a favorite movie? That would mean only watching that one movie over and over and no others. Each one is different, but the best ones have a combination of great characters, actors, music, setting and plot that just seem to work so well. But sometimes I love movies that are so cheesy they have non of that!

Here's my two favorite, best, worst, cheesy movies:

Gymkata. A must see for cheesy, B-movie buffs!
SnakeEater, starring Lorenzo Lamas. Or some pronounce it, Lame-Ass.... :lol:

If you have any sarcastic sense of humor you will die laughing at those!

But my favorite is not a movie at all per-say, but a Japanese Anime:
Neon Genesis Evangelion!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 3642
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Favorite Movie?

Postby Summerlander » 13 Apr 2013 22:50

Dead Poets Society, Waking Life, The God that Wasn't There, The Vow, Doom, Bruce Almighty, AI:Artificial Intelligence, The Machinist, The illusionist, The Prestige, Saw, Dark Knight, Seven, A Beautiful Mind, Dream House,Superman III, The Golden Child, Meltdown, Man on the Moon, Dumb and Dumber, The Starman, Invasion, The Langoliers, Blade 2, New Jack City, The Wedding Singer, The Matrix, Jacob's Ladder, Die Hard, Back to the Future trilogy, Clockwork Orange, The Road etc.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: Favorite Movie?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 16 Apr 2013 04:52

Summerlander wrote:Dead Poets Society, Waking Life, The God that Wasn't There, The Vow, Doom, Bruce Almighty, AI:Artificial Intelligence, The Machinist, The illusionist, The Prestige, Saw, Dark Knight, Seven, A Beautiful Mind, Dream House,Superman III, The Golden Child, Meltdown, Man on the Moon, Dumb and Dumber, The Starman, Invasion, The Langoliers, Blade 2, New Jack City, The Wedding Singer, The Matrix, Jacob's Ladder, Die Hard, Back to the Future trilogy, Clockwork Orange, The Road etc.

[ Post made via Android ] Image


Mighty good set you got there friend.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: Favorite Movie?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 16 Apr 2013 04:53

HAGART wrote:District 9 is alright. And like many other people, how can I say I have a favorite movie? That would mean only watching that one movie over and over and no others. Each one is different, but the best ones have a combination of great characters, actors, music, setting and plot that just seem to work so well. But sometimes I love movies that are so cheesy they have non of that!

Here's my two favorite, best, worst, cheesy movies:

Gymkata. A must see for cheesy, B-movie buffs!
SnakeEater, starring Lorenzo Lamas. Or some pronounce it, Lame-Ass.... :lol:

If you have any sarcastic sense of humor you will die laughing at those!

But my favorite is not a movie at all per-say, but a Japanese Anime:
Neon Genesis Evangelion!


I've never heard of either of those but they sound cool. I'll be sure to check them out!
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests