sleep deprivation

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
neverlandjulia

sleep deprivation

Postby neverlandjulia » 16 Apr 2013 12:22

Hey I've got a question when do I have to worry when it comes to dream recall, sometimes I sleep around 7 hours and I feel like it's not enough for me enter REM phase but I don't have more time and recently I had 3 days like this. Usually I sleep more but sometimes I can't help it. I still perform RT and practise MILD method. Does it make a lot of harm to my LD?

Cloverfield

Re: sleep deprivation

Postby Cloverfield » 16 Apr 2013 13:34

7 hours is more than enough time. You should hit your first REM within 1 hour to an hour and half of falling asleep. After falling asleep at 3 am last night, I entered REM at 4:30 and then again at 6. At around 7 I feel into a deep sleep until I awoke at 10.

neverlandjulia

Postby neverlandjulia » 16 Apr 2013 13:52

that's weird.. I only remember my dreams when I sleep 8 or 9.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 16 Apr 2013 14:07

It just depends, dream recall is different for everybody. If I only get 7 hours sleep, it's likely I might remember 0 dreams and have 0 lucid dreams. But if I get 12 hours (like I always do) I remember several dreams and have several lucid dreams.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 17 Apr 2013 06:08

Me i sleep 9 hours, i go to sleep at 23:00h and wake up at 7:00h.

I have a tip, you woke up after each cycle of 90min, you will see you will remember each dream.

Correct me if im wrong.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Apr 2013 03:17

Je-Je wrote:I have a tip, you woke up after each cycle of 90min, you will see you will remember each dream.

I notice that I don't remember all my dreams well if I wake up and go back to sleep without getting out of bed or writing the dream down at all. Even just a few words helps a lot. It is as though the short term memory of the dream is written over by the next set of dreams and the 'data' is lost. (I am not a machine, but it's a good analogy....)

Cloverfield wrote:After falling asleep at 3 am last night, I entered REM at 4:30 and then again at 6. At around 7 I feel into a deep sleep until I awoke at 10.

This is the exact opposite for me. I get deep sleep early and REM later. Goes to show how we are all different. Only twice do I remember having a lucid dream almost immediately after going to sleep. But then I got deep sleep and regular REM later. (I was probably sleep deprived those days and had a short, light nap-sleep before I truly fell asleep.)

LucidLink wrote:But if I get 12 hours (like I always do) I remember several dreams and have several lucid dreams.

For me, I have noticed allotting a solid amount of time to sleep helps. It doesn't mean I will sleep for the full 12 hours, but when I wake and go back to bed at 5 or so in the morning, I am wide awake and only fall back to sleep because that is the habit my body is in. But my conscious mind is out of that dream-stooper-mode so becoming lucid tends to happen more frequently when I give myself plenty of time to sleep.

But also a little REM deprivation can help too, because when you do get a chance to sleep well, it rebounds back with full force as if it is trying to make up for lost time. That is my experience, but I've heard others say this as well.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”