LD: DC tells me why our hands don't look normal

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lucidinthe sky

LD: DC tells me why our hands don't look normal

Postby lucidinthe sky » 16 Apr 2013 15:21

Had a short but interesting lucid dream this morning. I had earlier found a gold coin which had deteriorated to the point of just being a bunch of little pieces. I had found it somewhere under water and had collected up the coin along with all the mud, little peices of sticks, etc. Then going to different people trying to get help separating the little pieces of gold from the other debris. No one seemed to able to sort it out and I thought it was lost at one point.

Ran into this very friendly older woman who said she had the gold. When I asked her, she shows me a little bag with the pieces separated. For some unknown reason I looked at my hands and had all kinds of extra fingers, didn't bother counting them all. Then I felt the texture of the wall in front of me just to see how real it felt. Excellent.

So I start talking to the lady about our hands. "Look at my hands, do they look strange to you?" "Oh, yes." She says. "Do you know why that is?" I ask. "Well no actually I don't know why." I suggest she look at her own hands. She is very surprised when she does. "There is a reason why they look that way." I tell her. Then she says. "I look at your hands and there are 10 fingers, that's on each hand! But then you know when I look at mine, they don't have any fingers at all!" "Why is that?" I ask again. She just keeps looking at me with this strange look. Suddenly her face lights up with a big smile, then turns serious like: aha, I got it now. Then she says, "Is that because we are homeless?" The answer really surprises me. "Yes, maybe you are right. I guess we are homeless here aren't we." She just nods. Then I woke up. Quite an interesting answer, makes me think.
Last edited by lucidinthe sky on 16 Apr 2013 16:30, edited 1 time in total.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

LucidLink

Re: LD: DC tells me why our hands don't look normal

Postby LucidLink » 16 Apr 2013 15:49

This is very interesting. DCs have the best insight when it comes to dreams, I believe.

But it especially interests me, because I look at my hands all the time to stabalize lucid dreams, but they never look odd or different.

Not once, have my hands looked in any way different. Often I notice the texture of my hands and how realistic they look, but that's just it, they always look exactly like my hands in real life.

So I think we really have to look at the symbol "homeless" and ask ourselves what it reperesents. Obiviously we are not literally homeless in the physical world.

So I believe I am not homeless in the dream world, because I have been lucid dreaming naturally since a child, and I've always had a special love and enjoyment for it, almost as if it was a second home. And vice versa most lucid dreamers are "homeless" because they discover the process through something, then learn to do it. Almost as if they are visiting and it is not their home per say.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 18 Apr 2013 01:07

LucidLink wrote:This is very interesting. DCs have the best insight when it comes to dreams, I believe.

But it especially interests me, because I look at my hands all the time to stabalize lucid dreams, but they never look odd or different.

Not once, have my hands looked in any way different. Often I notice the texture of my hands and how realistic they look, but that's just it, they always look exactly like my hands in real life.

So I think we really have to look at the symbol "homeless" and ask ourselves what it reperesents. Obiviously we are not literally homeless in the physical world.

So I believe I am not homeless in the dream world, because I have been lucid dreaming naturally since a child, and I've always had a special love and enjoyment for it, almost as if it was a second home. And vice versa most lucid dreamers are "homeless" because they discover the process through something, then learn to do it. Almost as if they are visiting and it is not their home per say.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

I'm still thinking about what the DC homeless comment means. It was very surprising which is really what I like about some of things they say. Makes you wonder: where the heck did that come from?
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Apr 2013 13:43

:) I loved reading about your interacting with your DC.. I cant figure out why it would of said that to there being no fingers on its hands either.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 01 May 2013 19:04

taniaaust1 wrote::) I loved reading about your interacting with your DC.. I cant figure out why it would of said that to there being no fingers on its hands either.

It's really interesting to think about the comments. It seems to me that DCs speak to me from some other place that is outside the boundaries of normal physical reality, they have no concept of time either. I think we are all in a sense "homeless" in that place of the dream world. I think about that often now.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 04 May 2013 14:47

WOW!

What an interesting lucid dream episode. I love the mystical dialogue between dreamer and dream character. At first, the DC expresses an humble and honest agnosis when faced with the odd appearance of dream hands - which I think reflects the initial puzzle put forth and brewed in the dreamer's mind.

Then comes the partially cryptic statements accompanied by facial expressions that indicate an inner "we have an understanding, you know what I mean, I don't have to be specific for an understanding, the holistic has it all, look deeper..." kind of mental connectedness.

Indeed she had no fingers at all. In fact, any fingers in the dream world are illusory, not really existing, a creation of preconception.

Homeless doesn't have to really mean "homeless" in this context. It can simultaneously mean a lot of things. Homeless could mean there is no set order of things in the dream world to the likes that we're accustomed to in the real world. The dream world is rapidly changing to the point where, any environments that are preconceptually stabilised do not remain the same long enough for us to call it a home.

Even the dream replica of our house, which, despite inconsistencies still conveys the "home" familiarity, is not sufficient to be worthy of the "home" title. We are aware of that it is a mental simulation. A counterfeit home.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 May 2013 10:01

lucidlion wrote:Hmm, you had 10 fingers on each hand and she had zero? Almost as if you had her fingers as well. It almost seems like a metaphor for the difference between the rich and the poor. If you didn't have all her "fingers" she wouldn't be homeless. Oh well.. I could be over analyzing though ;)

Is it possible to over analyse a dream :) . I like your metaphor for that symbolism.. of rich and poor.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”